Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454661 times)

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9930 on: November 22, 2014, 11:47:41 pm »

Thanks for suggestions. :) Friday was payday so uh, as long as I'm hurting my wallet anyway:

• Neverwinter Nights Diamond?
  • One of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games?
  • The expansions I'm missing for EU4? Is it... less broken in balance now? >.>

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: November 23, 2014, 12:09:16 am »

Thanks for suggestions. :) Friday was payday so uh, as long as I'm hurting my wallet anyway:

• Neverwinter Nights Diamond?

Sure, but the mods are better than the official game.  I found the stock campaign boring as heck, everything branching off a central hub area and super grindey.  Some of the user made campaigns are amazing though.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: November 23, 2014, 12:51:49 am »

The expansion pack campaigns are also good. Neverwinter nights is a great platform, the default campaign packaged with it is lackluster but I played for ages on multilayer servers and in downloaded campaigns.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: November 23, 2014, 01:09:30 am »

"Hordes of the Underdark" is the best base expansion, though I've heard the part fanmade module "Kingmaker" is very good. I found "Shadows of Undrentide" to be enjoyable, but like these things are sometimes the beginning has a lot of variety based on your character class and race but that doesn't continue on into the second or later chapters.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9934 on: November 23, 2014, 07:32:32 am »

I'll second "Hordes of the Underdark" as being the best stock campaign, although I'd play "Shadows of Undrentide" first so as to see the backstory for Deekin.

If you do pick up Neverwinter Nights look up the Penultima campaign by twoflower.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: November 23, 2014, 09:32:29 am »

• One of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games?

Yes. RCT is the best series at doing the thing that it does.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: November 23, 2014, 10:09:28 am »

If you do pick up Neverwinter Nights look up...

Which mod is the one where you can fly a dragon in one part?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9937 on: November 23, 2014, 11:02:31 am »

I'm not lacking puzzle platformers, thanks.
FITE ME

And what's The Swapper?
It's a really well thought-out puzzle game with fantastic hard sci-fi/space race era setting. Everyone should get it.

Also, GoG's sale entered the final 48 46 hours. The Swapper is 50% which is still a steal for such gem, but another game that definitely needs your love is Reus. Do check it out, everyone.

Oh, and Sleeping Dogs caught my eye today on  GamersGate, though sadly the ultimate collection is just 50% off, compared to DLCs that go for 75% off.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: November 23, 2014, 12:18:58 pm »

another game that definitely needs your love is Reus. Do check it out, everyone.

+1 to this.  Played the heck out of it for about 2 weeks, which was well worth the price of admission.

Should go back and play some more now that it has had some updates and added content.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: November 23, 2014, 12:29:19 pm »

Oh, and Sleeping Dogs caught my eye today on  GamersGate, though sadly the ultimate collection is just 50% off, compared to DLCs that go for 75% off.

Sleeping Dogs was cheaper than that a couple times this year.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: November 23, 2014, 02:17:29 pm »

One of the recent Humble Bundles comes with three free copies of Insurgency. It says the link can be used up to three times, so here you go.

That was quick. All copies have been claimed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:59:44 pm by Mephisto »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: November 23, 2014, 04:43:10 pm »

I was "eh" on Reus. The core game is the synergies, which is fine for a level or two. But I didn't find it a compelling or addictive experience. I like games meant to be replayed to unlock more stuff, but what there is to play in Reus is plopping down buildings or vegetables, upgrading those things, and seeing if you're getting the maximum synergies possible out of it.

I'm just not one for puzzle games, and Reus is a puzzle game with a God-game veneer.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: November 23, 2014, 04:51:18 pm »

What I enjoyed was finding ways to maximize each point of the resource triangle... or however many sides the figurative polygon had.  Unlocking the pinnacle resources in each biome, and getting the badges for achieving crazy super-optimized resource levels.

Once I had that, there was not a whole lot of replay value.  But it took a while to get there, and certainly enough hours to be well worth the price of the game.  Now I guess there has been some rebalancing, added resources, and added badges.  So it might have some more play value now.

I think the most fun was when I had some world, either with a high density of tribes all carefully balanced or with a couple of extremely powerful tribes.  I often ended up trying to run out the clock before they either killed each other, killed my giants, or I was forced to damage their improvements and lower their production values in order to keep them in check.  There were a few real edge-of-seat moments trying to hold things together.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: November 23, 2014, 06:36:08 pm »

I was "eh" on Reus. The core game is the synergies, which is fine for a level or two. But I didn't find it a compelling or addictive experience. I like games meant to be replayed to unlock more stuff, but what there is to play in Reus is plopping down buildings or vegetables, upgrading those things, and seeing if you're getting the maximum synergies possible out of it.

I'm just not one for puzzle games, and Reus is a puzzle game with a God-game veneer.

I agree

I played for 2 hours according to steam, about 1 hour of that was the tutorial and the second hour was me trying to figure out wtf the point was.

I can't recommend it.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #9944 on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:22 pm »

I probably liked Reus better than BurnedToast and nenjin, but I ended up having the same issue as nenjin. At a certain point, to get anywhere, you need to really get into the puzzle aspect of the game while the game itself continuously tries to fuck you over. That's a major part of the game, of course, but when you need near-perfection to advance after an hour of playing, you really don't want the RNG to screw you over.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1134