Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454489 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9871 on: November 14, 2014, 07:14:12 am »

Just got a 50% off coupon for the new Frozen Synapse. If you've got the original, you've probably got a coupon as well. It's not even out yet and you can't see the price, though.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: November 14, 2014, 12:42:22 pm »

Just got a 50% off coupon for the new Frozen Synapse. If you've got the original, you've probably got a coupon as well. It's not even out yet and you can't see the price, though.
New?  As in sequel? 

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: November 14, 2014, 01:11:47 pm »

New?  As in sequel?

Sorry, yes. Sequel. I didn't have Steam up at the time, so I didn't have an exact name.

Frozen Synapse Prime is now out. It had ~7 hours until release when I noticed the coupon. Normally $25 USD, on sale right now for $21.24 but FS owners receive a coupon for -50%.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9874 on: November 14, 2014, 01:22:40 pm »

Wait, you sure it's a proper sequel? From what I can make it it seems more or less like a remake - more tactical options, new design (which, judging by picture, I find inferior to original but ah well OPINIONS) and more custom/online games stuff, but it seems like the story is the same?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: November 14, 2014, 01:36:37 pm »

That's the sense I get from the description, and watching the trailer.
I'm a little interested, but I liked the original's graphics.  Can the graphics mode be switched back?  Because it could be neat to play the mission with the original's retro-icon simulation style, then watch the replay in this new realistic 3D.

I guess that and the "new tactical options" are probably worth $3.50, which is the price per copy with the coupon I think.
$24.99 base price but you get two gift copies
$21.24 because sale until Nov 21
$10.62 with 50% off coupon for owning the original
so $3.54 per copy

Oddly I don't see any option to buy a single copy.  That vaguely worries me.  Not sure if the "two extra copies" is part of the current promotion or what.  I'm going to wait until the 20th or so to see what people are saying about the new options.

That said, Frozen Synapse is a good tactics game with unique mechanics.  The only problem for me was that it got too difficult after a point, and that point was apparently 31 hours in.  So I'm almost certainly going to buy this.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: November 14, 2014, 01:39:31 pm »

It's an overhaul / remake rather than a proper sequel, yeah.  There's an overview of what they've added/changed here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/328600/discussions/0/620695877216445155/

Although they kinda messed up with the coupon - it can't be used because there's a 15% discount at launch, and they both expire at the same time.  I imagine they'll do something about that, but for now nope.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: November 14, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »

So, who wants copies or Worms: Clan Wars?

I bought the Team17 Humble Bundle because <3 Team17. So now I have 3 Steam copies to give away.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: November 14, 2014, 02:59:18 pm »

So, who wants copies or Worms: Clan Wars?

I bought the Team17 Humble Bundle because <3 Team17. So now I have 3 Steam copies to give away.
I'll take one!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: November 14, 2014, 03:11:53 pm »

If no one else does, sure.  But if anyone else says they do, give it to them first.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: November 14, 2014, 03:17:11 pm »

I'd be willing to take one. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: November 14, 2014, 03:42:05 pm »

I'll take one if there are still any left~

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: November 14, 2014, 08:51:45 pm »

And that's three.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: November 14, 2014, 08:54:35 pm »

Just saw this glorious classic on sale at GOG:

F-117A Nighthawk

Make no mistake, this game is so old that it can buy beer, but I remember having an absolute blast playing this with my dad all those years ago.  Sure, it has 1991 graphics (not that anyone on this forum should care) but it's still an awesome game.  For three bucks you can't miss.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: November 15, 2014, 02:10:37 am »

Here's some free copies of Insurgency: Get 'em while they're hot.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:04:42 am by NobodyPro »
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1134