Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454366 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9840 on: November 12, 2014, 10:17:04 am »

I found the Creeper World games to be really good. I haven't tried 2, but most people seem to think it's the lesser of the series.

As far as the Humble Jumbo bundle, Insurgency is also a really kickass competitive FPS, if you're into that kind of thing. I really enjoyed it for a while, before getting hooked on Titanfall.

It seems I might have to reinstall SHV, although I am not a fan of german stuff. I like to play the good side of the war :P Reinstalled SHIV recently... need to restart a campaign.

Looking through other sales, it's worth pointing out Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm, if you're into fairly realistic WW2 shooters, and Unity of Command for a very accessible, sleek, turn-based wargame-like experience.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:19:27 am by Anvilfolk »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: November 12, 2014, 10:23:07 am »

The new Humble Jumbo Bundle 3 includes free keys to give away. I've made a thread to give my keys away here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145600.msg5801390#msg5801390

Post there if you want keys, or if you want to give away keys.

Anyway, Saints Row IV plus a bunch of other games was too good to pass (I already played a "full demo"... yet I still want to buy it. SUCK IT COPYRIGHT MAXIMALISTS)

Also, extra cheesy acting courtesy of our old pal Tex Murphy! Who can say no to that?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9842 on: November 12, 2014, 10:43:48 am »

The unlocks for Humble will probably be expansions.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: November 12, 2014, 10:51:01 am »

That would be nice.

Also if you get SR4, don't forget to check the Store Page, there's 2 DLC that are free.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9844 on: November 12, 2014, 11:10:12 am »

That would be nice.

Also if you get SR4, don't forget to check the Store Page, there's 2 DLC that are free.
Also, also if you get SR4 through this bundle, It may be worth picking up the sr4 upgrade pack on the humble store giving you all the DLC for far less than individually.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9845 on: November 12, 2014, 11:31:09 am »

Can anyone explain why you can't unlock the last game unless someone claims one of your shared copies of Insurgency? I don't understand what marketing tactic they're using here.

Also, will someone please take one of my extra copies of Insurgency so I can get my game? It won't let me claim my own gift copy. : /

Edit: Removed gift link from here, will use Sergius' thread instead.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: November 12, 2014, 11:52:12 am »

Can anyone explain why you can't unlock the last game unless someone claims one of your shared copies of Insurgency? I don't understand what marketing tactic they're using here.
My guess is they're trying to boost server populations as high as possible by giving away (almost) freebies. For online games a robust and active player base is what makes the game.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9847 on: November 12, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »

I guess what I don't understand is, why is Full Mojo Rampage only unlocked by giving away Insurgence? Are they made by the same company? I feel I am missing the logic here. I do get why they're incentivizing giving away free copies, I just don't really understand why this particular game is the incentive.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:19 pm »

Mysterious are the ways of the Bundle.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9849 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:27 pm »

Full mojo rampage looks fun. I might have to get the bundle and gift, just for that.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: November 12, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

That would be nice.

Also, also if you get SR4 through this bundle, It may be worth picking up the sr4 upgrade pack on the humble store giving you all the DLC for far less than individually.

Oh darn... what if... the bundle includes the upgrade pack later? I should wait exactly 12 hours days to find out... but what if it's not unlocked yet by then? Or if I miss it? Damn!

Hm, just having this limited time offer tells me that unlocking the DLC for free in the bundle would be very dickish of them... that points towards them NOT including the DLC in the Bundle, right?

EDIT: Also, the hidden games are tier 2 and SR4 is tier 3, so it wouldn't make sense to include SR4 DLC...
EDIT2: Hm, bundle timer is the exact as the upgrade timer, so yeah I doubt they'll give that away. BUYING NOW
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:56:37 pm by Sergius »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:28 pm »

Unlocks happen at the halfway point, ie 7 days in. You had time.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: November 12, 2014, 01:48:34 pm »

Unlocks happen at the halfway point, ie 7 days in. You had time.

I know, I just decided it was illogical for them to give away DLC and sell it during the same period, and slightly unlikely to give it away in a lower tier to people that are paying less than what's required to get the base game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9853 on: November 12, 2014, 02:39:45 pm »

I'm more patient than you are. I won't even touch the current bundle until the unlocks. I have a backlog of games as is.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9854 on: November 12, 2014, 06:13:43 pm »

Mount and Blade (The original, not Warband) is free on GoG.  If you go to the site every day of their sale and click the buttons, you get Witcher 2 for free also, along with some movie.  Lots of other games currently on sale there too. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 1134