Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454142 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9765 on: November 01, 2014, 01:46:00 pm »

and speaking of sales, anyone with XCOM EU on steam now has free access to the Evolve beta
It's 14 GB though, and you will lose access once the beta ends unless you shell out the $60 to buy it, so you might want to weigh that against playing if you are limited in bandwidth/hard drive space.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: November 01, 2014, 02:07:20 pm »

and if it works like every other temporary game on Steam, it won't delete itself from your hard drive, but will remove itself from your list of games, so you have to go find it and delete it yourself.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: November 01, 2014, 08:09:50 pm »

and if it works like every other temporary game on Steam, it won't delete itself from your hard drive, but will remove itself from your list of games, so you have to go find it and delete it yourself.
Awesome. Cool. Thanks Steam.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: November 01, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »

Has that changed? It used to have them show up in the games list with the 'play' button replaced with a 'purchase' button. Maybe that's just Source Engine games IDK.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: November 01, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

Picked up The Long Dark and Plague Inc Evolved. Still got about half of my sales budget left, including a few misc couple of dollar purchases earlier.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: November 01, 2014, 11:07:11 pm »

Has that changed? It used to have them show up in the games list with the 'play' button replaced with a 'purchase' button. Maybe that's just Source Engine games IDK.
I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm pretty sure it's changed to this model instead. For example, I have Skullgirls from a free weekend but I didn't go on to buy it. It shows up in my game list with a Purchase button instead of Play.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: November 01, 2014, 11:32:31 pm »

That does sound like an improvement, if you can use 'delete local content' on it.

(I haven't tried any of the free weekend games in ages)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: November 02, 2014, 11:41:02 pm »

fallout new vegas seems to be on sale for 116% off
That super sale just ended. Not sure if you could purchase anyway though.

Edit2: There seems to be no way to purchase it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 11:49:35 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: November 03, 2014, 12:07:33 am »

I think Valve set Steam up to disallow purchasing anything >= 100% off.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: November 03, 2014, 12:40:40 am »

I think Valve set Steam up to disallow purchasing anything >= 100% off.
Thats a standard for most companies. Mine does cancel orders once they fail the total value check. you could still probably get away though if it was one cent.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: November 03, 2014, 12:48:20 am »

Yeah. I've seen things (Just Cause 1, for instance) marked down so much they were something like 17 cents, and purchasable.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9776 on: November 03, 2014, 09:28:37 am »

Titanfall's going for $10 if you are OK with using Origin.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: November 03, 2014, 11:36:51 am »

The better SimCity is on sale at GOG.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:08 am »

i saw this posted the other day concerning titanfall: https://imgur.com/a/7qnZV/

*shrug* no idea if this was during peak hours or what but those player numbers aren't looking very good...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: November 03, 2014, 11:38:38 am »

Pfffft. Simcity 2000 4 lyfe.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1134