Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453821 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9660 on: October 27, 2014, 03:21:37 pm »

Am I the only person who thinks that the 'mixed reviews' symbol looks terribly turdlike?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: October 27, 2014, 04:54:33 pm »

Knights and Merchants is under a buck on Steam.  For you hardcore strategic-tactical-economic types. 

Never finished it myself, too hard.  I see the appeal though, for people who are better at these things than me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: October 27, 2014, 04:57:30 pm »

Am I the only person who thinks that the 'mixed reviews' symbol looks terribly turdlike?
It's a tilde~~~~~~~~~~~
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: October 27, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »

Turde~
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: October 28, 2014, 03:43:01 pm »

GOG has a sale for Lucasclassic games so my question is: Should I get Knights of the Old Republic or pass?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: October 28, 2014, 03:44:49 pm »

GOG has a sale for Lucasclassic games so my question is: Should I get Knights of the Old Republic or pass?

It's a pretty good game.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: October 28, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »

It is awesome.  I think I might pick it up just to play again.  This is partly why StarWars 1-3 were such huge letdowns for me:  If they had the people who made KotOR working on the prequels, they would have been so much better.

If you get KotOR2, be sure to get the fan patch that restores some missing content. 

The commercial release was rushed and they didn't support it afterwards, but there were a bunch of things that had art assets left in the game that they didnt have time to put in and test.  The fan patch fixes a bunch of bugs and brings in some missing quests.

Astfgl66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: October 28, 2014, 03:52:46 pm »

I deeply loved KOTOR when i played it, 8 years ago. I played the sequel last year and i definitely recommend both (the sequel has a recquired content restoring/bug fixing mod though).
However, $7 seems a bit much, if you can wait, why not wait for a steam sale? I think i got KOTOR2 for something like 2,5€.

So, definitely recommanding the game. It's an awesome RPG, open world, interesting story&characters (from what i remember). Just that the price is a bit high and you could probably get it at a much lower price if you wait until the christmas sales.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: October 28, 2014, 04:09:37 pm »

DRM free KOTOR is worth $7.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: October 28, 2014, 04:12:49 pm »

kotor 1 has pretty much nothing good going for it - most of the game is grinding through dull trash combat on your way to grabbing that fetch quest item at the end of a linear corridor, the story is standard youre-the-chosen-one-with-a-totally-unobvious-tweest bioware, the 'moral choices' in the game are mostly between being an annoying goody two-shoes and a guy that randomly murders people because lol the dark side is just wacky like that i guess, several of the companion characters are dumb stupid assholes that you'll want to strangle (thankfully you'll get a chance to do exactly that near the end... almost makes playing the game worth it)

i say pass

kotor 2 has more interesting story and characters but keeps the crap combat and corridor levels, if you ever feel the urge to play it just read a synopsis of kotor 1 first
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:17:04 pm by TripJack »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: October 28, 2014, 04:20:20 pm »

I agree with a lot of what TripjJack said (especially the moral choices. There should be a trope somewhere, like "Evil is Stupid Psychotic, Good is Poor" because every single choice was "Keep your money friend! [+150 XP] (Light) / Ok, thanks for the reward, I may need it in my quest to defeat the evil empire [+100 Credits] (Neutral) / Whargleblargle! *slash* (Dark)"), but still I found the game entertaining.

One thing that irked me was the excessive emphasis in hand-to-hand combat (cortosis, cortosis everywhere!) and lack of decent gun combat, which killed a bit of the Star Wars feel for me.

EDIT: Now I'm starting to doubt that I liked the game at all. Uh, I'm pretty sure I did, but I sure loved bitching about it a lot!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:24:14 pm by Sergius »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: October 28, 2014, 05:00:01 pm »

It's a very typical bioware RPG, is what people are trying to say. I for one liked it, but bioware RPGs can get rather samey if you play a few of them.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: October 28, 2014, 05:13:25 pm »

KotoR is Krap.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: October 28, 2014, 05:35:27 pm »

Think of KotOR as being a sort of proto Mass Effect. It lays out all the future tropes of Bioware RPG's, and was super fun when it came out because there wasn't much else like it. However, it hasn't aged well at all, and you can get a much better experience by just playing Mass Effect or even KotOR 2.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: October 28, 2014, 05:57:44 pm »

Hey guys, let's all go to Korriban and stare at rust colour for a few hours!
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 1134