Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453908 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9525 on: October 16, 2014, 02:47:37 pm »

There's loads of stuff near me. Maxwell's door is one, though I figure I'm probably not ready for that yet? Don't really know what it is. Also a lot of killer bee hives, but they're far enough away to avoid. And what's a walrus camp? I feel a lot has been added since the LPs I watch were recorded.

Maxwell's door is like a challenge mode, you get sent to different worlds which have an added challenge to them (an always winter world for example). The walrus camp has a walrus hunter during the winter months. He'll chase you with his hounds and try to kill you if he spots you.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9526 on: October 16, 2014, 02:51:01 pm »

There's loads of stuff near me. Maxwell's door is one, though I figure I'm probably not ready for that yet? Don't really know what it is. Also a lot of killer bee hives, but they're far enough away to avoid. And what's a walrus camp? I feel a lot has been added since the LPs I watch were recorded.

Maxwell's door is like a challenge mode, you get sent to different worlds which have an added challenge to them (an always winter world for example). The walrus camp has a walrus hunter during the winter months. He'll chase you with his hounds and try to kill you if he spots you.

Oh, dear. Maybe I shouldn't have set up camp so close to it... Hmmmmmm...... Well, we'll see if I even survive that long.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: October 16, 2014, 03:04:20 pm »

Are the DLC of Payday 2 worth to buy?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: October 16, 2014, 03:14:57 pm »

Depends. You can play the missions without them if you find someone hosting them online, which you most certainly will. If you're all about achievements, you should get them, and if you're super into collecting, get them. They give more selection for guns, but you can play just fine with the stock guns. The only really useful thing is grenades which is in one of the Gage weapon packs.

So in general, no, unless you want ALL THE GUNS.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9529 on: October 16, 2014, 03:22:23 pm »

Is the Don't Starve DLC worth getting?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: October 16, 2014, 03:26:35 pm »

shoot, i wonder if it would have stacked?  I missed the sale by about an hour.  Oh well, 80% is still pretty good.

Might pick up the other DLCs also, since they're cheap.

Does any one know if the Bureau is any good?

If the code was a GMG code, then no they would not have stacked. If it's a steam coupon then.... usually they don't stack but sometimes they do.

the bureau is..... a real mess. The game was remade several times before it was released and it shows. There's so many problems everywhere, lots of things don't make sense, balance issues all over, completely horrible mandatory teammates that you have to babysit constantly (or just let them die I guess), etc.

It's not completely terrible though. They an amazingly good job capturing 60's era US, and when your teammates are not being suicidal the gameplay is fun enough. The story is... kind of disjointed because the game was remade so much, but you can see what they were going for and you can see how it would have been quite good if the game didn't have so many problems in development.

Overall, It's a mediocre but not horrible 3rd person shooter with a ton of missed potential, about 15 hours of gameplay and basically no replay value. It's up to you if that's worth $4 or not.

It's nice to be able to host your own games on the new maps, and some of the new guns are fun, but overall you don't really miss anything major if you don't buy them.

If you're an achievement hunter, you need the DLCs to many of the achievements though.

Gage mod courier deserves a special mention, because the mods are all unique and can sometimes combine to make your guns a lot more powerful then they would be without it. It also helps mitigate the horrible card system. If you only get 1 DLC, that's probably the one you want.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: October 16, 2014, 03:33:46 pm »

Oh well, I'm a fan of having all the DLC of my games even though I barely play them. Thanks for the answers. Luckily, I still have a few days to decide, hehe. :S

Btw, anyone knows Runers? http://store.steampowered.com/app/306550/
I know it's not on sale but I can't recall if we had a general thread for this.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9532 on: October 16, 2014, 03:34:43 pm »

Is the Don't Starve DLC worth getting?
Only once you've played the crud out of the base game.
A good deal of Don't Starve is quite a bit harder with the two new seasons.
Summer, how I hate thee. Stop burning down my buildings randomly! Oh well.
But the difficulty aside, yes. It adds a good deal of complexity to the game, and that's not a bad thing once the basics are in place.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: October 16, 2014, 09:29:49 pm »

Oh, for the record... Don't Starve is okay on sale but I got seriously screwed with the challenge missions and late-game tends to just get tedious if you don't want to reroll a new world as soon as possible. If I want kinda-roguelikelike survival base building I just go for Cataclysm:DDA instead. Playing Don't Starve just reminded me of how much more stuff I could be doing in Cataclysm instead.

Plus I don't like the combat in Don't starve that much.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: October 16, 2014, 10:39:28 pm »

Personally my big beef with don't starve was the constant progression of the world into the unlivable state. I'm always a big fan of the turtle up + slow expansion way of survival, and that just doesn't really work in a world that keeps becoming more and more difficult to survive in every day. Guess that's why I'm such big fan of DF, minecraft, and Cata though. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: October 16, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »

Personally my big beef with don't starve was the constant progression of the world into the unlivable state. I'm always a big fan of the turtle up + slow expansion way of survival, and that just doesn't really work in a world that keeps becoming more and more difficult to survive in every day. Guess that's why I'm such big fan of DF, minecraft, and Cata though. :P

It's perfectly survivable, but only in certain particular ways. You can solve 90% of your problems by building next to a pig village and using them to kill any boss that spawns. The hounds die easily if you make a panic room behind a long pathway of tooth traps (from the early hounds, that pigs killed for you). After that, the rest is just grinding out massive amounts of food so you Don't Starve.

It's not really very fun to play that way, though. I always meant to go back and build bases in the spoiler areas, but by the time I got to that point I was full-time hiding in my panic room, resetting the panic room, and farming meat. I didn't have time for anything else.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: October 16, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: October 16, 2014, 11:05:44 pm »

Which reminds me, I signed up for that, but no email so far. I'm assuming I shouldn't panic, since it said they'd send them out in batches...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: October 16, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »

6 hours left to grab Aliens Versus Predator for free.

AVP Classic 2000 is my favourite Aliens game to date. While it's very much a product of its time it still holds up amazingly well, much better than the other games in the series.
Don't forget to pick up the redux mod if you're (understandably) strangling with the visuals.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: October 16, 2014, 11:14:05 pm »

Which reminds me, I signed up for that, but no email so far. I'm assuming I shouldn't panic, since it said they'd send them out in batches...
It took a while for my email to arrive.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1134