Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453966 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9510 on: October 16, 2014, 10:32:49 am »

Tomb Raider is $3.99 (Mid-week Madness sale on Steam).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #9511 on: October 16, 2014, 10:39:37 am »

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: October 16, 2014, 10:43:05 am »

Darksiders franchise on sale till the end of the week on GamersGate, 80% off.

I've heard both titles are good in their own way.

For those who haven't seen those games before, a quick and overly simple description:

The first is God of War. The second is Legend of Zelda. The remaining two horsemen will probably never be seen.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: October 16, 2014, 10:43:27 am »

Darksiders II is the current free game on the XBox 360 Games With Gold program, so if you have an XBox Live Gold subscription and a 360, you don't even need to buy it (as long as you download it before the end of the month).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: October 16, 2014, 10:57:56 am »

I also got the required achievement, but haven't gotten a coupon yet.

Okay, I finally got this.  Here is what you have to do:

Playfire cant fully spy on your steam activity until you change your steam privacy settings.  So you need to set your profile and possibly your game inventory to 'public'

Playfire will then take a few hours to get around to scanning it and populating your inventory, which will show up on your profile on the playfire website

a few hours after that, they will issue you the discount voucher.  This will probalby go into a spam-trap, so check your email's spam folder -- or check the 'my rewards' section on your playfire account.

You will have to redeem this voucher on Green Man Gaming, not directly on Steam.  So go there, add the game to your cart, input the voucher at checkout.

They will then email you an order receipt that contains the steam code that you can redeem on steam for the DLC.

what a PITA!  But hey, free stuff.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: October 16, 2014, 11:05:27 am »

<snip>

Also, each person actually gets TWO discount codes, one for playing over an hour and another for doing the tutorial.  So this means that I have a spare if anyone missed the promotion.  PM me if you want it.

Also, I hear that some folks are still getting the promotion depending on where they are coming from (promo inventory seems to be based on country or region) so you can still get in if you proxy your browser through some other place.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: October 16, 2014, 11:20:09 am »

Arms Dealer is currently on sale for $13.37 on Steam!

This is a shameless plug.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: October 16, 2014, 11:55:03 am »

Playfire cant fully spy on your steam activity until you change your steam privacy settings.  So you need to set your profile and possibly your game inventory to 'public'

Playfire will then take a few hours to get around to scanning it and populating your inventory, which will show up on your profile on the playfire website

a few hours after that, they will issue you the discount voucher.  This will probalby go into a spam-trap, so check your email's spam folder -- or check the 'my rewards' section on your playfire account.

You will have to redeem this voucher on Green Man Gaming, not directly on Steam.  So go there, add the game to your cart, input the voucher at checkout.

They will then email you an order receipt that contains the steam code that you can redeem on steam for the DLC.

Or you could wait till this weekend, which is going to be a free weekend for x-com (not free to keep, just free to play for the weekend) and as part of that, the game + dlc will probably be on sale for 75% off or so.

Better then letting playfire spy on you for a month or whatever is required, imo.

Edit: and by wait till the weekend I mean it started right now because steam's weekend starts on thursday

Edit2: though it looks like it's only 67% off so the 80% coupon would be quite a bit better.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:18:00 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: October 16, 2014, 01:19:20 pm »

shoot, i wonder if it would have stacked?  I missed the sale by about an hour.  Oh well, 80% is still pretty good.

Might pick up the other DLCs also, since they're cheap.

Does any one know if the Bureau is any good?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: October 16, 2014, 01:29:27 pm »

Don't Starve is, supposedly, free for the weekend on Steam. I've been meaning to see what all the fuss is about, but it's not in my library and attempting to play the game through the store pages just gives me a "Checking for updates" pop-up that disappears a second later.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9520 on: October 16, 2014, 01:31:31 pm »

It just popped into my library when I restarted the client. I suppose I'll have to give it a try as well. I've watched so many let's plays of it, I figure I have to be fairly good at it by now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: October 16, 2014, 01:37:25 pm »

Argh. Should have tried restarting the client before complaining...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: October 16, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »

Don't Starve is great.

Protip: use the space bar. The game never tells you about this for some absurd reason.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: October 16, 2014, 01:45:05 pm »

...wow, you can broadcast directly to twitch from in-game? Interesting.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9524 on: October 16, 2014, 02:42:17 pm »

Well I just played my first few days of Don't Starve. I've already got an alchemy machine and two improved farms. Pig village around the corner with plenty of spiders nearby, and I'm at the junction of four biomes. Now I just need to get some weapons and armor...

There's loads of stuff near me. Maxwell's door is one, though I figure I'm probably not ready for that yet? Don't really know what it is. Also a lot of killer bee hives, but they're far enough away to avoid. And what's a walrus camp? I feel a lot has been added since the LPs I watch were recorded.

I may actually buy this game. Well played, free weekend. Very well played.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1134