Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454058 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9480 on: October 14, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »

The "Enemy Within" expansion is quite expansive, it adds gene-mods and MEC troopers (and an evil guerrilla faction, EXALT).  Genemods add interesting new powers to a soldier, while MEC "training" basically replaces the soldier with a mobile suit.  Good if you get unlucky with skill-roulette, though their previous class does modify exactly how they kick ass.  I always make mine punchy (:<
And absolutely no one can blame you; few things are more devastating, hit for hit, than the RAWKET PAWNCH!, and few things more fun than its special takedown scenes.  Though, that said, there is a certain satisfaction in picking the flamethrower, turning it on a clustered group of very particular biological enemies, and seeing those three beautiful words, "Chryssalid has panicked."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: October 15, 2014, 05:50:30 am »

Not really a sale but Aliens Versus Predator is free from GOG if you sign up for their Galaxy beta.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: October 15, 2014, 08:50:13 am »

In regards to the minor nuCOM DLC: The one that lets your people wear berets and sunglasses is better than the one that adds shitty missions that you're not going to play once you start using LW anyways.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: October 15, 2014, 10:59:47 am »

Anyone know when Payday2 is going to go on sale again? I want it sooooooooo badly but am too cheap to buy it at full price.

Also, if anyone has it I've got some stuff in my steam inventory to trade for it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: October 15, 2014, 11:03:47 am »

In regards to the minor nuCOM DLC: The one that lets your people wear berets and sunglasses is better than the one that adds shitty missions that you're not going to play once you start using LW anyways.
Ah, and my opinion is the exact opposite, though I can definitely understand that.  I personally don't care about the aesthetic stuff in the Elite Soldier pack very much, but I liked the Slingshot missions, especially with the tweaks Long War made to them.  Definitely made things much nastier (Thin Mints: plasmically refreshing), and it didn't seem quite as imbalanced in the rewards, though I haven't hit the third mission yet. 

I'd definitely only pick them up on sale, though; whether it's a three mission pack or a broader collection of aesthetic skins, I wouldn't buy them at base price. 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: October 15, 2014, 11:27:32 am »

Agreed on that; I find them all pretty much equally pointless, but if they're collectively on sale for $5 or something you might as well.

3. Run Resize Enable

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: October 15, 2014, 11:35:13 am »

For $5 you could buy a different game from a different studio.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: October 15, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

Or a sandwich. Or a day pass for the bus. Or... you take my point.

3. Run Resize Enable

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: October 15, 2014, 07:18:06 pm »

Anyone know when Payday2 is going to go on sale again? I want it sooooooooo badly but am too cheap to buy it at full price.

Also, if anyone has it I've got some stuff in my steam inventory to trade for it.

Payday 1 is going to be FREE tommorow, and this weekend is a free weekend for payday2 which means it will almost certainly be on sale for 75% off or so.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: October 15, 2014, 07:20:13 pm »

Free from who?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: October 15, 2014, 07:23:29 pm »

From overkill software (the creators). You might have to join the payday 2 group, I'm not sure exactly how it's going to work.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/24240/discussions/0/613937942856735393/

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9491 on: October 15, 2014, 08:32:09 pm »

Instead of a linkhole, here's the link you're actually looking for: http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: October 15, 2014, 10:38:05 pm »

Another Humble Bundle, this time partnered with Mozilla. Go to the Firefox home page for more info.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can redeem them on Steam if you donate above 1$, though.

The entire pitch is "play in a browser without installing " (except that whole browser you have to install and wait on downloads)

It's a cheap way to get games already sold on Humble in 1 or more bundles.
Criticism away, by showing support via browser we opened alot more avenues to play games on. I can actually play FTL off my tablet very well in chrome. Now instead of building on separate platforms you can just build off of web.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: October 15, 2014, 11:00:09 pm »

No-install "Web" apps on mobile devices were working perfectly via Flash before Google decided to shamefully mimic Apple and cut Flash support on Android devices.  Power users can work around it, but it's not even on the Play store.

Pure politics, and users got the shaft.  Though the real shame is that most "Web" apps are Flash instead of Java...  But pretending otherwise and arbitrarily denying them to mobile users is sad.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: October 15, 2014, 11:26:37 pm »

Not really? You're trying to save the Federation by carrying the plans for the Rebel Flagship to Federation Command. And yes, you do travel faster than light. Doesn't sound like an opposite to me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 1134