Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454563 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9315 on: September 26, 2014, 04:38:03 pm »

Fall Favorites from Atari and Kalypso on GOG.

Striking my eye as either "is good" or "am interested in" are Chronicles of Riddick compilation, Master of Magic and the Independence War games.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: September 26, 2014, 04:52:24 pm »

Striking my eye as either "is good" or "am interested in" are Chronicles of Riddick compilation, Master of Magic and the Independence War games.

I know my roommate liked at least one of the Chronicles of Riddick games, although I'm not sure which one.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: September 26, 2014, 10:12:05 pm »

I've got a couple of Pixel Piracy coupons, if anyone is interested. I had completely forgotten that I had them!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: September 26, 2014, 10:13:32 pm »

I've got a couple of Pixel Piracy coupons, if anyone is interested. I had completely forgotten that I had them!
Yeah same here, as well as a few other random coupons from leveling up I don't need. I'll post the whole list here in a few hours when I get to my computer.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: September 26, 2014, 10:40:42 pm »

I know my roommate liked at least one of the Chronicles of Riddick games, although I'm not sure which one.

if memory serves, escape from butcher bay was supposed to be damn near amazing, but I can't say I've played it personally.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: September 27, 2014, 12:17:53 am »

Fight the Dragon 40% off for another 11.75 hours, $9 USD ($14 normally). Early access.

Bills itself as Little Big Planet + Diablo. Right now combat seems not only very simple to me, but even considering non-implemented features, I don't see that it could match a real ARPG. Well, maybe if you think of it as Diablo 1 and not Diablo 2 or 3. I'd compare it much more closely with Spiral Knights than any ARPG. The LBP influence is in the ability to craft dungeons of varying complexity and difficulty, which other players can beat. There's some loot whoring and minimal stats involved too.

Despite being early access the game looks very nice. The interface and game world is very polished and smooth, albeit limited to blocks. Camera is a little wonky to work with keyboard-wise and there is a distinct lack of ability to rebind keys, at least that I could find. Appears to have innate local co-op as well as online multiplayer.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: September 27, 2014, 01:30:07 am »

Ok, total list of coupons I have if anyone wants them is:
-50% off Cloud Chamber (9/30/14)
-25% off Iron Fisticle (10/1/14)
-50% off The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2 Complete Pack (10/1/14)
2x -25% off Pixel Piracy (4/15/2015)

If you see anything you want just send me a PM (and maybe post here so that other people know it has been taken). I'm not gonna use them, so I'd be happy to pass them along if someone else will.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: September 27, 2014, 07:00:57 am »

if memory serves, escape from butcher bay was supposed to be damn near amazing, but I can't say I've played it personally.

Butcher Bay is a great sneaky murder-game. I haven't played the sequel yet, but I remember reading that it has more shooty bits and less stabby bits, which arguably would be missing the point of the first game. I still hear it's a decent game though.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: September 30, 2014, 12:58:19 am »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: September 30, 2014, 01:06:06 am »

Wow a whole 0%

In other news,

Steam is selling the Valve pack for 75% off, making it a $100 pack for $25. I have it and you should too.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: October 01, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »

Yeah, picked up dragon Age Origins for 75% off as well, and contrast to what they tell you, you don't need an origin account to play game or the dlc.

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: October 01, 2014, 07:29:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's actually 75% off, so $5.

TL2 is a horribly balanced lower budget diablo 2 clone, basically.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For $5 it's pretty good and worth the price, just don't expect amazing quality that matches up to the extremely good reviews it got (it was released as a $20 title right about the time the diablo 3 disaster hit, and the reviews reflect people's dissatisfaction that diablo 3 was not diablo 2.5 imo).

The map room "endgame" was a pretty interesting idea though, I'll give them that. You buy "maps" that teleport you to randomly generated dungeons. I never really experimented much with it, but it's a lot less silly then farming the same old boss over and over again.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: October 01, 2014, 07:50:19 pm »

Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2: GOTY are 75% off on Steam ($5 for the one, $10 for the other).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Apokaladle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: October 01, 2014, 07:56:29 pm »

Evil Genius is 75% off for a week on Steam, so $2.49 in the US. I've heard it's good, so I've just picked it up.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: October 01, 2014, 08:31:27 pm »

Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 2: GOTY are 75% off on Steam ($5 for the one, $10 for the other).

I can highly recommend Borderlands 2, and its DLCs are nice.  I don't have the new heroes, but I got most of the other DLC packs (not sure how...)  Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (if that's the name... ah, it is) is excellent, if you like Torgue's meme-tastic EXPLOSIVE COMEDY STYLE.  My group did.  Tiny Tina's DLC is...  Funny, mainly a bunch of well-executed DND jokes.  It's also tinged with feels, though.  We haven't finished it because we made the mistake of launching in Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, where everything has obnoxiously large health pools.  That's a complaint about end-game content though (as in 192-hours-in content) and nothing at all to do with the DLC itself which is great.

Hammerlock's Big Game DLC was fun.  There are lots of giant relatively-harmless creatures to hunt, and a lot of tribal bandits with masks.  Very african-safari-esque.  Boats too, not a big deal though.

Edit: We're very eagerly awaiting the pre-sequel.  I personally thought Borderlands 1 was great and couldn't be improved by a sequel, but I was so very wrong.  I can't stand to play Borderlands 1 anymore...  #2 added so much characterization and feels.  Also better graphics and game mechanics.  I would certainly recommend Borderlands 2 to people who haven't played either.  It's unusual to see a sequel be so worthwhile.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:36:03 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1134