Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454652 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9285 on: September 18, 2014, 12:19:25 pm »

Age of Wonders III is 50% off this weekend on Steam. Any recommendations?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: September 18, 2014, 12:55:53 pm »

Age of Wonders III is 50% off this weekend on Steam. Any recommendations?

Personally I considered it worth it when I bought it for full price though others didn't agree quite so much.  I'd definitely recommend it at 50% off if you're a fan of the genre.

The main concerns I remember others raising were primarily the AI being a bit weak (and yeah, it is prone to being too passive, and likes to raze its own cities in a retreat if you press on it too hard, along with bad at unit placement when defending cities in tactical combat), and that racial diversity is lacking compared with previous games in the series (fewer races, less differences between the races' units).  The latter was partly offset by the introduction of classes, though it's a matter of opinion whether that offset it enough.

Some also criticised the empire building as being a too shallow, but that was never really this series' focus, it's more about the combat (which obviously matters if you prefer empire building gameplay).

They've released a few fairly substantial patches aimed at addressing the concerns - adjusting racial units stats and abilities to make them more distinct, and a large patch went live today that included a lot of AI improvements (though I don't know how successful those were).  The first dlc/mini-expansion also launched today, which I imagine is why it's 50% off.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: September 18, 2014, 05:17:51 pm »

Steam just dumped its load all over my inventory. 50% off Cloud Chamber, 75% off Memoria x2, 75% off The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief x3.

Already own The Raven, unsure if I care for the other two.

Also, it's the WB publisher weekend on Steam. The brand new Gauntlet and Shadow of Mordor games are on the discount list for a grand total of -0%.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:19:37 pm by Mephisto »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: September 18, 2014, 07:47:04 pm »

was hoping Shadow of Mordor would go on sale before launch...but I was hoping for more than that >.>

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: September 19, 2014, 02:55:48 am »

So Steam gave me a coupon for some game called Heavy Bullets. 25% off! I checked the game and it's apparently on sale. For 15% off. They don't stack, but the coupon is valid longer... I guess. If anyone wants it I'll toss you the coupon I got from the promotional sale that makes the game cheaper than the promotional sale.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: September 19, 2014, 03:20:37 am »

Steam just dumped its load all over my inventory. 50% off Cloud Chamber, 75% off Memoria x2, 75% off The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief x3.

Already own The Raven, unsure if I care for the other two.

Also, it's the WB publisher weekend on Steam. The brand new Gauntlet and Shadow of Mordor games are on the discount list for a grand total of -0%.

What's your opinion on The Raven? I got a coupon for it and I'm considering buying it.
Also often called Boowells.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: September 19, 2014, 08:13:51 am »

What's your opinion on The Raven? I got a coupon for it and I'm considering buying it.

Further info not available here.

Sorry, it came with a bundle a while back. I haven't installed it yet.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: September 19, 2014, 10:22:25 am »

Got a 50% off coupon for Cloud Chamber.  Not sure if everyone has them, or if it is a random promo.

Anyway, I'll give the coupon to anyone who wants it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: September 19, 2014, 12:07:00 pm »

Seems Steam is celebrating "Talk like a Pirate Day" and most pirate/naval based games are on cheap. 

Not sure which ones are good though.  :)

Anybody have any opinions on these three one games? 

Port Royale 3
Rise of Venice
Patrician IV

Edit:  Nevermind, it sounds like they all require a kalypso account to play.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:13:32 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: September 19, 2014, 01:13:18 pm »

The Port Royale 3 and Patrician IV double pack is doing that hilarious "pack costs more than the individual games" thing again.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: September 19, 2014, 01:56:17 pm »

The Port Royale 3 and Patrician IV double pack is doing that hilarious "pack costs more than the individual games" thing again.

They just fixed it, it's now 85% off too... so $4.50 which is an excellent deal if you like that type of game. Gamersgate also has the same pack for the same price if you prefer to buy from them.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #9299 on: September 20, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »

Seems Steam is celebrating "Talk like a Pirate Day" and most pirate/naval based games are on cheap. 

Not sure which ones are good though.  :)

Anybody have any opinions on these three one games? 

Port Royale 3
Rise of Venice
Patrician IV

Edit:  Nevermind, it sounds like they all require a kalypso account to play.

Kalypso has its own launcher, but they're much more similar to the game launchers for Paradox titles, except for it being run through a single program. Just kind of a News + Updates sort of deal. Very non-intrusive from my experience.

PR3 and P4 are very close to the same game, both remakes. PR3 is the newer title and it shows. IMO, the base game isn't really worth much because it can get boring pretty quickly and the "campaigns" are glorified tutorials. With the dlc, though, there's some more interesting things that happen. I'm rather sad about it, because PR2 was a really fun game, and despite PR3 being "more of the same" with lots of improvements in graphics and whatnot, it just feels... less deep. The soul is missing. I would definitely be interested in a PR4, though. The formula is there, it just needs that special something. P4 is pretty much in the same boat from what I can tell, but I never played P3 and I haven't played P4 much given the noticeable improvements in PR3 engine-wise.

From all that I hear about Rise of Venice, it was an attempt at making a new IP along the lines of the PR and P franchise, but fell really short.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1134