Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454984 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9210 on: August 26, 2014, 09:12:53 am »

Does anyone have experience with The Journey Down: Chapter One? It looks interesting.

Yeah, I've played it. I enjoyed it, but it's quite short and mostly quite easy. It's definitely a "part one" rather than a full game. If they do eventually get the next part made, though, I think it's worth it. At 90% off, I'd say it's worth a couple of fun hours.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: August 26, 2014, 09:42:44 am »

The older Commandos games don't seem to work well on Steam, fair warning. I bought them a while ago, and I doubt they've fixed the issues.

GOG has them also.  Not on sale right now, of course... but between GOG being better at older games, and the possibility of a refund if it really really doesn't work, probably worth it even off-sale.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: August 26, 2014, 09:44:16 am »

Does anyone have experience with The Journey Down: Chapter One? It looks interesting.

Yeah, I've played it. I enjoyed it, but it's quite short and mostly quite easy. It's definitely a "part one" rather than a full game. If they do eventually get the next part made, though, I think it's worth it. At 90% off, I'd say it's worth a couple of fun hours.

Along with what Sappho said, I'd like to add that some of the puzzles are obtuse. For an early example, try getting the fishing pole.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: August 26, 2014, 01:49:00 pm »

Is there a way to get notifications for Steam sales on games I already own? There are a few I feel loyal to and I would like to fund them and give them to people so more people play them, but not at full price.

Some third party websites can send you e-mails when a title you want is on sale. http://isthereanydeal.com/waitlist/ is an example of one such website.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: August 27, 2014, 01:48:15 am »

Is there a way to get notifications for Steam sales on games I already own? There are a few I feel loyal to and I would like to fund them and give them to people so more people play them, but not at full price.

I didn't realize Steam doesn't support that.

You could make a second account used just to watch those games.  You'll probably need an alternate email address to do that.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: August 27, 2014, 11:15:19 am »

I don't know if Steam has any kind of "suggestions" email, but it might be something to throw at them. It doesn't sound like it would be hard to implement, although it also sounds like it wouldn't be a highly requested feature, so using a workaround (e.g. a second spam account) might end up being the best way to do it anyway - especially if you use a browser so you're not having to change logins on the steam app all the time.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: August 27, 2014, 11:16:54 am »

Am I the only one who occasionally gets email when a wishlist item is on sale? Directly from Steam, not some third party. ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: August 27, 2014, 11:23:12 am »

I do too, but you can't put games you own on your wishlist, so that wouldn't help in this case.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9218 on: August 27, 2014, 11:25:14 am »

Am I the only one who occasionally gets email when a wishlist item is on sale? Directly from Steam, not some third party. ???

I think that's always supposed to happen. There's an option for it somewhere in your settings. I usually don't get them, though, even though I want them. I think it's semi-broken.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: August 27, 2014, 12:08:34 pm »

I have portal2 on my wishlist despite owning it... Probably a bug related to preordering or the massive server load they had at the time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: August 27, 2014, 12:29:28 pm »

I have portal2 on my wishlist despite owning it... Probably a bug related to preordering or the massive server load they had at the time.

Mine does that whenever I buy a game from a non-steam source, such as Greenman Gaming.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9221 on: August 27, 2014, 12:35:47 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't remove a game from your wishlist unless you buy it directly from Steam. Keys don't remove them.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: August 27, 2014, 01:25:26 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't remove a game from your wishlist unless you buy it directly from Steam. Keys don't remove them.
Odd.  I literally bought a game key yesterday off Gamersgate after comparing it to my Steam wishlist to check the pricing, entered it into Steam, and the game had already vanished from my Steam wishlist when I entered the wishlist to remove it manually.  Are you certain that's the case? 

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9223 on: August 27, 2014, 01:35:59 pm »

I've discovered many games I own still sitting in my wishlist because I unlocked them with keys from bundles rather than buying directly from Steam. I've never had it disappear automatically. Maybe they changed it recently. I just got my first alert that a game on my wishlist is on sale, so maybe they've fixed them.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: August 27, 2014, 03:11:43 pm »

Huh.  Went to look at sales on GOG and...they're selling DRM-free movies now.  That's a surprise.  Gaming-related ones only at the moment, presumably to show good faith and demonstrate that it's a model that works, but an interesting move if is pays off.  So, yes, movies on sale.

Kind of wanted to make a specific 'huh' thread about this, but not sure it actually fits in Other Games, despite what the second G in GOG stands for!  :P
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 1134