Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455131 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9150 on: August 09, 2014, 02:41:36 pm »

I got both sometime ago, got bloody irritated with SE5 flickering regularly, found out it was a DX problem and went to try SE4 instead. It looks less pretty but does work better for the most part.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: August 11, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »

The eXceed series is -66% off for the next week ($3.39 for all 3), which means it's cheap enough now that you can actually make a profit by buying it and selling the various trading cards you get by playing it. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: August 11, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »

Spoiler: PFFFFFFT (click to show/hide)

Haven't actually played the games, but really, that title art.

But uh, a lot of them are on sale, so this post is relevant.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: August 12, 2014, 04:48:22 am »

Do Steam Early Access games go on sale? Google hasn't provided me with a good answer and I want to know whether or not I'm wasting my time waiting for Crypt of the Necrodancer to go on sale.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:24 am »

Early access games do go on sale but they're generally games that have been in early access for a while. The discount on early access aren't nearly as deep either and usually top out at around 25% (some exceptions exist).

Crypt of the Necrodancer likely won't go on sale for a while since it's still a fairly new (and popular) game. Everything is up in the air during the christmas sales though so that would be the best chance for a sale unless you really need the game now.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: August 12, 2014, 01:29:16 pm »

Incidentally I've been playing King's Bounty The Legend lately and so far I've liked it. The difficulty is a bit here and there but it's fun RPG-lite with tactical turn-based battles. I definitely urge anyone interested in that kind of fare to look up a few better reviews out there and make up their mind about it.
(in my case it was RPS that sold the game to me a few sales back)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: August 14, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »

Do Steam's daily deals (or whatever they're called) count as sales?
They probably do.

Because Awesomenauts is 80 whopping % off right now (2€ in here at least), as are all of its DLCs (with the exception of the Starstorm expansion which is 30% off).
Granted, the game goes on sale all the freaking time (once every two months or so, usually right before a big patch drops another 3 pieces of DLC :P) but it's still worth every penny IMO. (but I'm biased, what do you expect? :P)

So yeah, just throwing this PSA out there.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: August 14, 2014, 02:29:54 pm »

Buy Awesomenauts. Do it. DO EEEET.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: August 14, 2014, 04:29:53 pm »

Incidentally I've been playing King's Bounty The Legend lately and so far I've liked it. The difficulty is a bit here and there but it's fun RPG-lite with tactical turn-based battles. I definitely urge anyone interested in that kind of fare to look up a few better reviews out there and make up their mind about it.
(in my case it was RPS that sold the game to me a few sales back)

So it isn't an Elona rehash? Remarkable.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9159 on: August 14, 2014, 04:37:26 pm »

Buy Awesomenauts. Do it. DO EEEET.

Yyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssss!

Steam was an idiot though. It sent me an e-mail saying that my wishlisted Starstorm expansion was 80% off, for $3.... I was so sad when it wasn't!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: August 15, 2014, 04:54:15 am »

So it isn't an Elona rehash? Remarkable.

King's Bounty is more like Heroes of Might and Magic (or the reverse, I forget if the original KB came out before the first HoMM). I'm sure there are a few other games in the same genre that I've played but I forget them. I guess Age of Wonders (and Eador) are also similar, though while in these games individual units are individuals, in KB and HoMM they're comprised of stacks of the same unit.

Elona is its own beast and mostly defies definition, but is best described as a roguelike. It is completely different from KB.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: August 15, 2014, 01:49:58 pm »

First was King's Bounty, then HoMM. So for youngsters like myself, King's Bounty The Legend plays a lot like HoMM. I suppose that Eador and the first AoW are apt comparisons keeping in mind the myriad differences. At least The Legend isn't as masochistically difficult as Eador.
I would still like to voice out my hearty recommendation to look into King's Bounty The Legend if any of the above mentioned games have brought you fun and laughs in the past.

So. PSYCHONAUTS! And a few dozen other platformers on a GOG sale.
Also Witchers 1 & 2 80% off.

Edit:
Sorry I got a bit hasty with posting.
Warhammer 40K stuff on Gamersgate. Dawn of Wars, Space Marine, all the good ones.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:58:06 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: August 15, 2014, 02:03:30 pm »

The original Kings bounty was first but Might and Magic was more or less released in the same time (note Might and Magic not Heroes of Might and Magic) much later on HoMM was released and it borrowed quite a few elements from Warlords and Kings Bounty.

Now KB:TL takes elements of the classic KB but implements real time into the overworld instead of turns.

Also i'm kinda... meh with hte witcher. I played the first game for several hours and got through the first act (i'm in Wyzima now) but i'm kinda... meeh about carrying on. I guess the game really depends on its story to carry it or something.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: August 15, 2014, 03:10:13 pm »

Sanctum 2 is -85% off through Monday, so it costs $2.24 ($3.74 with the DLC). It's a very fun game that I have already spent many hours on, playing as a combination of a tower defense and a first person shooter. It's also got constant online server games, meaning that if you have it you can just load up a game online and play with others immediately, which is a big improvement over the first one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: August 16, 2014, 01:23:00 am »

Kalypso has a few things on sale, notably Tropico 5 and The Big Cheese DLC for said Tropico 5. Be El Presidente for 33% off!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1134