Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455184 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9120 on: July 31, 2014, 02:31:11 pm »

Oh man... time to reinstall Guerrilla...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: August 01, 2014, 01:38:21 pm »

GOG has an Interplay sale. Some pretty solid titles that include Freespace games, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Sacrifice and a few others that I've heard praised but never tried myself. When I say solid I mean some of the best games I've ever played.

One note for all would be purchasers is that Jagged Alliance 2 being sold in that promo is not THE JA2, but is instead an expansion pack with some new content. It's supposedly shorter and harder than the base game and I don't know if the JA2 mods work for the expansion pack in question. That may or may not be something you want to look up if you're thinking of purchasing it.

There is a mod for freespace 2 that ports all freespace 1 content to FS2 and improves the graphics a fair bit. This mod is called Freespace Port and requires FS2 but not FS1, so you only need FS2 to play the whole series unless you really want to play FS1 in all its original 1998 glory.
For Freespace 2 there is an overhaul mod called Freespace Open which does all sorts of fancy things with the graphics. Again, highly recommended unless you want to play the game in all its 1999 glory.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9122 on: August 01, 2014, 03:12:20 pm »

Generally, JA2:UB does not work with things like 1.13 or Wildfire.
There are a few mods out there made just for UB however.
Here's a good thread I found: http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/211927/Ja2_UB_JA21_13_Mods_Download_I.html#Post211927

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: August 01, 2014, 08:43:41 pm »

MAX and MAX 2 both for $2.99!
     If I didn't already have MAX, I'd consider that worthwhile, I don't consider MAX 2 worth playing.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: August 04, 2014, 06:39:10 am »

GOG has an Interplay sale. Some pretty solid titles that include Freespace games, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Sacrifice and a few others that I've heard praised but never tried myself. When I say solid I mean some of the best games I've ever played.

If you can stand him, here's a video of Total Biscuit making a sales pitch for Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Just in case some are still on the fence about the title.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvxDF83apCQ

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9125 on: August 05, 2014, 10:00:05 am »

MAX and MAX 2 both for $2.99!
     If I didn't already have MAX, I'd consider that worthwhile, I don't consider MAX 2 worth playing.

Saw this mention, had to get it on GoG, and damn it, I started playing and am hooked. It's already crashed on me though,  then I stopped. Hopefully this isn't a recurring thing, since the alternative, MAX Reloaded, doesn't have AI...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: August 05, 2014, 10:42:36 am »

If you can stand him, here's a video of Total Biscuit making a sales pitch for Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Just in case some are still on the fence about the title.

After his rant on how arcadey (which he didn't like) Vlambeer's (self described arcade makers) Luftrausers (an arcade game) was, I really can't stand him. Buscuit couldn't sell me a gold bar for a dollar.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:04 pm »

"Sacrifice" is a fun game that I would recommend people try today. It's a third person strategy game where you control a spell caster who can summon buildings and units along with things like meteors and fireballs. The campaign allows for a fair amount of replay ability, also each mission starts with you choosing a god to follow which changes your spells and available units.

"Giants: Citizen Kabuto" was a graphical high point when it came out, like "Crisis". The skyboxes look fantastic and the large worlds were really impressive at the time. It has similar mechanics to "Sacrifice" and "MDK" with base building and third person shooting, though I think most of the enjoyment comes from the campaign, more for the writing than the storyline as the dialogue is quite humourous.

I think I would recommend getting "Sacrifice" over "Giants: Citizen Kabuto". Giants is a good game, but I don't think time has been very kind to it, and while the mechanics are varied amongst the 3 different playable characters the world is rather empty and samey when compared to more recent titles.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: August 05, 2014, 01:24:33 pm »

This week's deals on Steam look rather impressive. Still some mud but plenty of diamonds, including the original Dawn of War series, Geneforge, Space Empires, and Silent Storm. Some other games I've heard positive things about.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: August 05, 2014, 03:34:54 pm »

After his rant on how arcadey (which he didn't like) Vlambeer's (self described arcade makers) Luftrausers (an arcade game) was, I really can't stand him. Buscuit couldn't sell me a gold bar for a dollar.
I thought he liked that game?

Silent Storm and Dawn of War are both really good games.   Dawn of War is about sending space marines to stab xenos scum with giant chainswords while you flank their positions with giant tanks, while Silent Storm is a turn based WWII game where you command a team of commandos as they go around fighting evil conspiracies.  You can play as either the Axis or the Allies, and it features fully desctructible terrain and a great ballistics system.  You can, for example, simply use a block of TNT, or a giant sword or bat, instead of a lockpick.   Or simply forgo using doors all together, and use bazookas.   This can lead to problems, if you hvae to get something somewhere and you have blown apart the only path there, but this can usually be solved with more explosives.  The end game is... really boring, but there are mods to fix that, and the rest of the game makes up for it.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: August 05, 2014, 03:43:38 pm »

I'm tempted to get Soulstorm/rest of them simply for the mods I've read about. Will need to do some research on those before I commit. Soulstorm is still pretty pricy for what it is. Dark Crusade is definitely worth a few playthroughs. Fun little RTS romp.

edit:
Then there's of course Jagged Alliance 2 as well.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: August 05, 2014, 04:00:01 pm »

I thought he liked that game?

He ragged on every little design decision that made it Arcade with a capital A. He wanted it to have more 4320p options with infinity FPS.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: August 05, 2014, 04:24:16 pm »

Ugh I need a decent, cheap video card for my computer. $600 and a quad core intel chip but no video card?

Any reccomendations? I want to be able to play skyrim at even just low settings without staggering.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: August 05, 2014, 04:34:16 pm »

Wrong place, dude. This is for video game sales.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: August 05, 2014, 04:41:12 pm »

Wrong place, dude. This is for video game sales.
Well, the title is rather general now, so he's not entirely out of place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 1134