Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454836 times)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #9015 on: June 29, 2014, 01:58:40 pm »

I would've liked Creeper World 3 to have dived to $3.00 ;-;

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: June 29, 2014, 02:33:01 pm »

If anyone's been following it more closely than I...

Is Don't Starve's Reign of Giants DLC worth the measely 10% discount for $4.50?

It sounds like there's a decent chunk of new content, and I know it's recent, but I'm a cheap motherfucker who's cheap, and hesitate to buy "expansions" for the same money I bought the base game for.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: June 29, 2014, 04:39:57 pm »

If anyone's been following it more closely than I...

Is Don't Starve's Reign of Giants DLC worth the measely 10% discount for $4.50?

It sounds like there's a decent chunk of new content, and I know it's recent, but I'm a cheap motherfucker who's cheap, and hesitate to buy "expansions" for the same money I bought the base game for.
Eh. If you haven't played Don't Starve to death already it might be worth it. From what I've seen it doesn't add much new gameplay, just more content and crafting and critters and difficulty. The core gameplay is still "Gather resources, build stuff, gather more resources, keep going until you gain self sustainability, get bored, die, repeat."

Like, I accumulated 94 hours of Don't Starve before getting bored and uninstalling it. Then I got the DLC during the Summer Sale when it was cheaper. Reinstalled, played for about half an hour, got bored again, remembered why I lost interest in the game before, stopped playing. Personally I just played the game to death.

That being said, if you still like the game and have the money, and want some new content, go for it, I guess. Could wait until another sale or deal or something if you want to save more money.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: June 29, 2014, 10:21:16 pm »

I only bought two things this summer sale: D&D Master set from GoG, and Transistor from Steam.

I got most of the D&D on CDs, but since it's so cheap it doesn't hurt to get a backup copy. I'm playing Temple of Elemental Evil with Circle of Eight's mod right now... it's the only one I didn't have, because I lend the disc to a classmate many years ago, and he never returned it.

Transistor is pretty amazing. Heard it's short, but it is absolutely gorgeous, the sound tracks amazing, the function() system interesting. Plus it has a NG+ and various disadvantages you can activate as a challenge. I think it's worth the money, and now I'm interested in Bastion as well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 10:28:49 pm by kcwong »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: June 30, 2014, 01:57:40 am »

I bought Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends. Awesome game. Bought it after playing the pirated version for days.

Bought some DLC for Rome 2: Total War. Pretty fun. The smaller maps and generals that don't die of old age after a handful of turns make it a lot more intense and engaging. Blood DLC is always awesome.

----

I don't really go into these sales expecting to buy anything. It's almost always DLC that I pick up.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: June 30, 2014, 01:58:28 am »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9021 on: June 30, 2014, 05:52:57 am »

Only picked up a few things during this sale. Borderlands 2 + all non-cosmetic dlc, Long Live The Queen, Shadow Op DLC for Beat Hazard, Battleblocks Theater and Castle Crashers.

Aside from Borderlands 2, which I have been waiting a while to get a decent price on, everything fit well under the £10 I stuck in the wallet before the sale started.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: June 30, 2014, 10:20:08 am »

Hmm, I ended up with Don't Starve, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, One-way Heroics, Risk of Rain, The FEAR collection, and Space Rangers HD. At about $25 spent, that's a little more than 3 dollars per game after card sales, which is a steal so far. The only ones I haven't at least tried yet are the FEAR games, but the rest are real gems.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9023 on: June 30, 2014, 10:21:03 am »

Well, once you have most of the games you actually want, the sales start losing their shine.

As for me, I got some games I'd been eyeing but didn't want to pay full price for, as well as a couple that snuck up and caught my eye. I'm pretty happy.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9024 on: June 30, 2014, 10:29:51 am »

Yeah, people just have most of the games they want in bundles, so there's really not that much to be looking forward too. I thought the sale was just fine. I was looking at Wargame: Red Dragon which never went below 40%, but is relatively recent. Airland Battles, the previous one, went down to $6.50 or something, so that's fine. There were fair amounts of 75-90% discounts throughout...

Yeah, I was so sad that community choice failed. Still got it for $6 though! Couldn't pass it up.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:32 am »

Nothing caught my fancy. I had it, I didn't care, or I wasn't willing to buy alpha's that will likely go nowhere.

Mailo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: June 30, 2014, 12:47:25 pm »

Creeper World 3 is a part of the current Indie Gala Weekly Bundle for $1.49 plus five other games and some music I've never heard of.
The price is valid for the next 20 hours, then it will go up.

This was actually the first Steam sale where I didn't buy anything ... most of the stuff on my wishlist was either not discounted heavily enough, or Early Access.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:51:47 pm by Mailo »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: June 30, 2014, 12:58:58 pm »

I ended up picking up Transistor when it went on sale (And Dust: An Elysian Tale, with the money from selling the foil summer trading card I got).

And I highly suggest picking up Creeper World 3 for that low of a price, it's definitely a fun game that I've already sunk over 18 hours into.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #9028 on: June 30, 2014, 02:18:21 pm »

Creeper World 3 is a part of the current Indie Gala Weekly Bundle for $1.49 plus five other games and some music I've never heard of.

This was actually the first Steam sale where I didn't buy anything ... most of the stuff on my wishlist was either not discounted heavily enough, or Early Access.

Yeah, I just got the e-mail. That's annoying. I'd have paid less and have had games to give away! Oh well :)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #9029 on: June 30, 2014, 03:48:47 pm »

Yeah, I just got the e-mail. That's annoying. I'd have paid less and have had games to give away! Oh well :)
... Buying immediately. Thank you for this information. c:
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1134