Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454875 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8970 on: June 28, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »

You're right. I should have said 'Why would I need a physical release of Baldur's Gate 2?'
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #8971 on: June 28, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »

this space run game looks interesting. like that old citadels game, with hexagonal ship to build and fight. anyone has it can comment?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: June 28, 2014, 04:51:22 pm »

this space run game looks interesting. like that old citadels game, with hexagonal ship to build and fight. anyone has it can comment?
Well, i know Scott Manley made a video of it, thats about it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8973 on: June 28, 2014, 05:17:16 pm »

The problem with the game is that you have to manually micromanage the turrets and you will fail a lot of levels because you don't know where the enemies will be the first time through. Then you play a second time and know when and where to place the turrets. It's a cool concept but a very flawed design.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: June 28, 2014, 05:24:02 pm »

It is fun. The game is some sort of mixup from Tower Defense/Offense game (you are running spaceship which is attacked by various enemies ranging from asteroids to small fighter crafts to the ships like yours from all directions) with puzzle elements (you have a lot of modules and positioning them optimally is quite a task).

Pros: it is a fresh mix of genres, has some humor, the levels are short enough not to get bored and long enough to make breaks (for rebuilding and repairing) between intense fights (beware, some levels do not have breaks!). There are many different modules and building an effective ship is a game for the brain, while making it through the level is doing the same for your reflexes.

Cons: There is no active pause (you cannot do anything while paused) thus the game can turn into clickfest (is that a con or not is debatable, but this is my opinion). It has levels with fixed layout of enemies and restarting several times (or watching youtube walkthrough) can make your ship layout superoptimal and boring because of that.

Anyway, I bought the game well before the sales and never regret about it. If you are even slightest into TD/O games, go for it, otherwise watch some youtube levels and see for yourself.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: June 28, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »

It is fun. The game is some sort of mixup from Tower Defense/Offense game (you are running spaceship which is attacked by various enemies ranging from asteroids to small fighter crafts to the ships like yours from all directions) with puzzle elements (you have a lot of modules and positioning them optimally is quite a task).

Pros: it is a fresh mix of genres, has some humor, the levels are short enough not to get bored and long enough to make breaks (for rebuilding and repairing) between intense fights (beware, some levels do not have breaks!). There are many different modules and building an effective ship is a game for the brain, while making it through the level is doing the same for your reflexes.

Cons: There is no active pause (you cannot do anything while paused) thus the game can turn into clickfest (is that a con or not is debatable, but this is my opinion). It has levels with fixed layout of enemies and restarting several times (or watching youtube walkthrough) can make your ship layout superoptimal and boring because of that.

Anyway, I bought the game well before the sales and never regret about it. If you are even slightest into TD/O games, go for it, otherwise watch some youtube levels and see for yourself.

This is a much better explanation than mine although I feel that it's a bit biased and glazes over some of the design flaws. A game can be fun though without perfect design(Banished) just like a perfectly designed game can be less than enjoyable. I worry my own game will fall into one of those two categories.

This game is perfect for $7.50 or less. Anything more means having to defend your decision to others.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: June 28, 2014, 06:09:51 pm »

I know it's not on a Daily, Flash, or Community sale at the moment, but is ARMA II still worth getting? I'm thinking about grabbing it, but if everyone's moved on to the sequel then I will have to hold off.
*polite cough*
It IS 50% right now, so it fits here in the sale thread :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: June 28, 2014, 06:15:36 pm »

I know it's not on a Daily, Flash, or Community sale at the moment, but is ARMA II still worth getting? I'm thinking about grabbing it, but if everyone's moved on to the sequel then I will have to hold off.
*polite cough*
ArmA 2 with mods is still better than ArmA 3 with the mods it has. Well, depending on what you want it for. For the whole multiplayer battle simulator thing.
3 is far prettier, naturally.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: June 28, 2014, 06:31:09 pm »

The prettyness isn't so important :P
Mostly I just want to know if it is still active and will remain so for some time. I don't want to pick up a game that is primarily multiplayer if the community is going to ditch it next week.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: June 28, 2014, 06:34:55 pm »

The prettyness isn't so important :P
Mostly I just want to know if it is still active and will remain so for some time. I don't want to pick up a game that is primarily multiplayer if the community is going to ditch it next week.
These guys are kind of huge in the ArmA scene, and still play ArmA II missions. Because of the mods still being there largely. So yeah it isn't dead.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8980 on: June 28, 2014, 07:53:53 pm »

*polite cough*
ArmA 2 with mods is still better than ArmA 3 with the mods it has. Well, depending on what you want it for. For the whole multiplayer battle simulator thing.
3 is far prettier, naturally.

I'm not huge on enemies having perfect vision+1000 at 3 miles away as if you had no cover. Was that ever fixed in 2?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #8981 on: June 28, 2014, 08:29:18 pm »

I'm not huge on enemies having perfect vision+1000 at 3 miles away as if you had no cover. Was that ever fixed in 2?

Yeah, getting sniped with a scopeless AK-47 from 3 miles is great fun. It wasn't really fixed, though it got better with some AI mods.

Also, ShackTac is a very exclusive community and the chances of you joining them are nil. The other big group I know of, called FolkARPS, have switched to A3 as far as I know. Sometimes they have A2 sessions, though?

Interestingly, A3 works like a charm in single-player, great FPS, then grinds to a half in MP, with sub-15 fps for me (on a laptop).

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8982 on: June 29, 2014, 05:01:07 am »

The Swapper was in last community's choice sale.

If you haven't buy it due to any other reason(s) but lack of funds, I'm gonna hunt you down and stuff your mouth with physical, pirated copies of mediocre, overpriced, overrated games.
You have been warned.

Also, Grim Dawg Dawn is on sale. It's early access and I haven't played it myself, but it's been in steady development for quite some time and there a lot of people who previously worked on Titan Quest involved in it. So it's bound to be at least "good".

Anyone played Kingdoms Rise? Been eying it for a while. A quick glance at Steam reviews tells me it's a mixed bag, but seems to be somewhere in the "when finished, this could be really great" territory. Thoughts?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8983 on: June 29, 2014, 05:18:55 am »

I need to find me a good game that I actually want for under 2.21 (which is how much I have from selling some of those cards, you know) but it's a slog trying to dig through all these games. I just can't spend any actual money.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8984 on: June 29, 2014, 05:34:34 am »

I didn't get XCOM when it was super cheap.
I thought it would become cheaper if I waited and now it reverted back to less cheap pricing.
* Ultimuh sighs.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:37:50 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 [599] 600 601 ... 1134