Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454884 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8955 on: June 28, 2014, 12:37:58 pm »

I recently wanted to get back into the Baldur's Gate series and almost bought them right before the sale. I'm pretty stoked that I got them for a good deal.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8956 on: June 28, 2014, 12:43:35 pm »

I'm getting Edge of Space because reasons. My only regret is that the 2-pack isn't discounted like the single is.

I haven't paid much attention to Mercenary Kings, but it does kind of interest me. Anyone played it?
I have. It looks and plays vaguely similar to the Metal Slug series, except you collect things to craft new weapon parts and upgrades with. Haven't gotten very far.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8957 on: June 28, 2014, 12:50:39 pm »

I recently wanted to get back into the Baldur's Gate series and almost bought them right before the sale. I'm pretty stoked that I got them for a good deal.

Physical copies are still around $10. Why not just buy it as if you actually owned it?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8958 on: June 28, 2014, 12:58:34 pm »

Physical copies for PC games? What ancient sorcery is this!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8959 on: June 28, 2014, 01:01:26 pm »

Physical copies for PC games? What ancient sorcery is this!

CLOTH MAP! REAL MANUALS YOU HAVE TO READ!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: June 28, 2014, 01:16:24 pm »

Physical copies are still around $10. Why not just buy it as if you actually owned it?

Some modders bought the IP of the series from the now defunct game company and Enhanced the original, thus the name. It was a mod with a lot of bugfixes originally and now it's BG Enhanced series. It has many bugfixes and some new characters with voice acting and updated BG 1 with classes from the later games, including BG 2 and possibly Icewind Dale 2.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8961 on: June 28, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »

I'm getting Edge of Space because reasons. My only regret is that the 2-pack isn't discounted like the single is.

I haven't paid much attention to Mercenary Kings, but it does kind of interest me. Anyone played it?
Dammit, EoS is tempting! Must resist!  >:(

And Mercenary Kings sounds like something that could be really fun, luckily it's still too pricey for me even with the discount.

Also: next community's choice is really tricky... Divinity seems like a real from-gamers-for-gamers type of game and Geneforge is fun I think, also Conquistador might be cool, don't know much about Blackguard though... but you have Swapper and The Last Federation on the other side and I just can't but not vote for those two. Because the former is fantastic and later because Arcen Games.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:56:13 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #8962 on: June 28, 2014, 01:52:08 pm »

In other words, there is no physical release of the Enhanced editions of BG 1 or 2.

In other news, known troll is trolling.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: June 28, 2014, 02:05:19 pm »

Why would I need a physical release? I have steam
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8964 on: June 28, 2014, 02:10:17 pm »

Regarding Edge of Space, I found this article very interesting and helpful. Check it out, yo.

edit:
Any reasonable arguments against the game or company?
There's only one thing - it features "official Terraria content". I imagine there are people out there who got so riled up by some incident(s) regarding Terraria the sole inclusion of some related content might make them go on a rampage. But other than that, I'm not aware of anything serious.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:21:17 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: June 28, 2014, 02:11:36 pm »

Portal and Portal 2 are 75% off. About 2,50 and 5 respectively. Lasts about 46 hours.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: June 28, 2014, 02:11:59 pm »

wrong button. ignore
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:14:17 pm by BigD145 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: June 28, 2014, 02:13:54 pm »

Some modders bought the IP of the series from the now defunct game company and Enhanced the original, thus the name. It was a mod with a lot of bugfixes originally and now it's BG Enhanced series. It has many bugfixes and some new characters with voice acting and updated BG 1 with classes from the later games, including BG 2 and possibly Icewind Dale 2.

Yes, fan-made mods and bugfixes exist. They are free. I get that the Enhanced version is different.

Why would I need a physical release? I have steam

Sierra used to be a company.....

I am very happy I still have physical copies of Sierra Entertainment games. When given an option I buy physical and I tend to not buy things tied to online servers.

-----
Portal is periodically given away for free. About once I year, I think.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:17:40 pm by BigD145 »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: June 28, 2014, 03:05:46 pm »

Regarding Edge of Space, I found this article very interesting and helpful. Check it out, yo.

edit:
Any reasonable arguments against the game or company?
There's only one thing - it features "official Terraria content". I imagine there are people out there who got so riled up by some incident(s) regarding Terraria the sole inclusion of some related content might make them go on a rampage. But other than that, I'm not aware of anything serious.
The usual warnings always apply. Early access game = you pay for what you get right now. The developers may or may not complete it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8969 on: June 28, 2014, 03:57:25 pm »

So I bought Kingdoms of Alamur: The Reckoning and all its DLC for $10. MISTAKES WERE MADE.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 [598] 599 600 ... 1134