Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454957 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8940 on: June 27, 2014, 03:19:40 pm »

hey now i enjoyed Hearthfire, its the closest i got for bringing back the strongholds from Morrowind :P

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8941 on: June 27, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »

I left out the sarcasm mark. I enjoyed it as well, just felt like being contrary.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: June 27, 2014, 03:29:57 pm »

I was planning on trying lycanthropy out in my first playthrough.

Without going into too much detail (please), does Dawnguard seriously change/improve how werewolves are played?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: June 27, 2014, 03:40:14 pm »

Without going into too much detail (please), does Dawnguard seriously change/improve how werewolves are played?
With Dawnguard it added skill trees to the Werewolves and Vampires increasing their power the more you feed.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: June 27, 2014, 04:27:53 pm »

Dawnguard also adds a chain spanning the big dwemer ruins as well as expanding a few types of monsters, look into spoiler if you want specifics.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: June 28, 2014, 01:32:10 am »

Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, L.A. Noire, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are currently on sale. They're part of the "Open World - Great Story" category. L.A. Noire is $6 and the other three are $10 each.

LA Noir is a great lying simulator. Everyone looks like they are lying but few actually are. The game lies to you so much so you lose.

I think I may end up not buying anything this entire sale. I don't have much to spend and a lot of games in the past few years are just shit.

The real problem is not being able to tell if people are untruthful - everyone overacts so much it's trivial (not the actors fault, I'm sure they were instructed to because they spent so much on the facial technology), but deciding if you're supposed to press "lie" or "doubt" button... it just seems very arbitrary.

I'd say it's worth $5, it's decent even if it did feel vaguely unsatisfying sometimes.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: June 28, 2014, 01:49:55 am »

Nevermind. Succumbed to Gabe's will and ended up buying it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:58:37 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8947 on: June 28, 2014, 01:59:25 am »

What the... I'm trying to sell off some of my trading cards on the market, through the Steam application. When I click the confirm button I get an error message that "cookies may not be enabled in your browser." It's the STEAM browser. What the hell?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8948 on: June 28, 2014, 02:03:58 am »

Could just be Steam having issues. I've had all sorts of trouble with the trading system since the summer sale started. At one point I got 5 identical trade requests from an IRL friend, who swore that he only sent it once.

ETA: I know it's not on a Daily, Flash, or Community sale at the moment, but is ARMA II still worth getting? I'm thinking about grabbing it, but if everyone's moved on to the sequel then I will have to hold off.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:36:43 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: June 28, 2014, 03:41:30 am »

I've had some "you must be logged in to vote" messages while trying to click on the Community Vote button in the Steam client as well. Steam is known for doing funky things under heavy load.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: June 28, 2014, 08:00:32 am »

I'm desperately trying not to buy anything, but what is the general opinion on Injustice?  I haven't played a fighting game for years so really want one and I like the cut of the developers jib on that game.  Is it a decent entry in the genre?  I grew up on SF2 and Tekken 2, and soul caliber was probably the last game I played, so I really have no idea what fighting games are good nowadays.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8951 on: June 28, 2014, 10:13:51 am »

Injustice is a very good fighting game in terms of controls, story and production value. Everything else in it is up to personal taste. I say it's a STEAL at $7.50

ALERT: Developer wannabe's and students......ClickTeam Fusion 2.5 is on sale for $25 for the next 1.75 hrs. If you don't know, it's a game development suite that uses only drag and drop or clicking to create games. It's decently powerful but less so than the more complicated GameMaker Studio. Still a very solid option for non-programmers, new students and people who want to build prototypes. I use it to test game mechanics or a general game concept before passing my notes to my programmers. The $25 version is the entry level($100) version and doesn't include the ability to compile packaged executeables like .Exe files, and you have the company logo watermark on your screens, but it's a great value. Pay $200-299 for the developer version that is much more powerful.

GameMaker Studio takes 6 months to a year in order to become competent and well versed in the capabilities of the system and how to look up and apply the different solutions others have created. Fusion 2.5 takes 1-3 months typically. http://store.steampowered.com/app/248170/
Only a simple mind can be certain.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: June 28, 2014, 10:36:36 am »

Cool, thanks... but I have a feeling my self control might win this battle... way too many unfinished games to be spending monies.  Going on the wishlist.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8953 on: June 28, 2014, 12:17:44 pm »

I'm getting Edge of Space because reasons. My only regret is that the 2-pack isn't discounted like the single is.

I haven't paid much attention to Mercenary Kings, but it does kind of interest me. Anyone played it?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: June 28, 2014, 12:22:47 pm »

Hehe, the new Summer Adventure click on thingy is the Winning team's symbol-person flipping the game board over in rage.

Might buy for the first time during the sale and get Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition at $6.25 to match my copy of BG1 Enhanced.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 12:27:20 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 1134