Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454934 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8925 on: June 27, 2014, 11:05:13 am »

Still waiting for Rajas of India to go on sale. I settled with 50% off Sons of Abraham, but $15 is quite a bit for a CKII expansion...
Went on sale awhile back. 66% off I believe.

According to the receipt I got, it was June 3rd.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: June 27, 2014, 11:10:53 am »

That's when I got it too, I think.  Might have been a mistake, since it was so early and I think it was a general 66% off everything.

I haven't actually used it though, yet.  My opinions of the DLC:

Legacy of Rome:  Retinues really streamline trivial wars, and adds some cool stuff like mending the christian schism or re-establishing the Roman Empire.

The Old Gods: Playing as a pagan is addicting, as raiding can produce a *lot* of dosh if you're a little careful.  Particularly once you hit critical mass and can sack holdings instead of just robbing the fields.  Scandinavia is just a fun arena, too, with the mobility of boats really helping.  Reforming the religions is neat but keeping a tenuous gavelkind alliance of free pagans is kinda exciting.  (Pagans can only use gavelkind unless they imitate the more centralized abrahamic religions).

The Republic:  Eh.  The opposing families are kinda cool, basically particularly dangerous vassals, but republics play slow and are a bit boring.  Nobody wants to marry you, so you just end up upgrading everything until your income grows exponentially, then do whatever you want with allllll the mercenaries.

Rajas of India:  India exists even if you don't have the DLC.  It's just across the world from where I like to play!

Sword of Islam:  Haven't tried it yet.  I want to make an islamic trade republic at some point just so I can hold churches, castles, AND cities without penalty.  Not sure where to start though.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 11:22:19 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: June 27, 2014, 12:41:32 pm »

If games like Tropico interest you at all and you don't already own it, Tropico 4 is $3 ($6 if you get the collector's bundle - who doesn't love quick-drying cement?).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:47 pm »

If games like Tropico interest you at all and you don't already own it, Tropico 4 is $3 ($6 if you get the collector's bundle - who doesn't love quick-drying cement?).

You can be more productive by turning off social media within the game. Whodathunkit?!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: June 27, 2014, 12:51:26 pm »

FEAR collection is up, and it's been one of those games on my radar for some time. Apparently the multiplayer which I care nothing at all for is no longer an option, which isn't an issue. Any overwhelmingly bad experiences that would be deal-breakers?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:35 pm »

Steam community deals, up for another 7 hours.
FEAR - Good and cheap, why not?
Knights of the Old Republic II - Never played this much, none at all if you consider mods. But I did like the first one and I've heard a lot of good things about the modding done with this game.

There's also Reus and Octodad on flash sale, both seem interesting in their own way but I already have them. Haven't gotten around to playing them just yet so can't really give a "go buy/don't buy" speech. But they seem interesting in the "fun little distraction" kind of way. You may or may not want to check them out.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8931 on: June 27, 2014, 01:14:22 pm »

Reus is a game obviously made with love. And it's wonderful. You CAN'T go wrong with this one, especially if it's 2,49€.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8932 on: June 27, 2014, 01:15:45 pm »

"F.E.A.R" is a fun game. It is an action/horror game but the horror elements are mostly jump scares, though it does ramp up the creepiness towards the end.

It still looks pretty impressive despite coming out... around 2005 I think? It is primarily a shooter with bullet time, and very dark environments.

Personally, I consider "Knights of the Old Republic II" to have a better story than the first one. It goes into questioning the morality of Jedi and Sith and how possibly being good doesn't mean being right. Similar elements were seen in "Planescape: Torment". That being said, the game is increasingly unfinished the closer you get towards the end, leaving characters without closure. I believe there's a mod created by a group called "Team Gizka" which restores several unfinished areas and plot points, though I haven't tried the mod myself.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: June 27, 2014, 01:23:40 pm »

The KotOR 1 and 2 prices have been lower, if you're pinching pennies. They have both been 75-80% off recently.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: June 27, 2014, 01:38:30 pm »

You can be more productive by turning off social media within the game. Whodathunkit?!
That also prevents the game from posting on your behalf to Facebook and Twitter. Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want autonomous posting, but I'm not your average netizen, I guess.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: June 27, 2014, 02:43:18 pm »

Personally, I consider "Knights of the Old Republic II" to have a better story than the first one. It goes into questioning the morality of Jedi and Sith and how possibly being good doesn't mean being right. Similar elements were seen in "Planescape: Torment". That being said, the game is increasingly unfinished the closer you get towards the end, leaving characters without closure. I believe there's a mod created by a group called "Team Gizka" which restores several unfinished areas and plot points, though I haven't tried the mod myself.
As far as I am aware, the team gizka mod was never finished. There is another called The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification which is complete and works wonderfuly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8936 on: June 27, 2014, 02:48:02 pm »

That also prevents the game from posting on your behalf to Facebook and Twitter. Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want autonomous posting, but I'm not your average netizen, I guess.

Isn't this what I just said?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: June 27, 2014, 03:06:27 pm »

Skyrim DLCs. They're not seriously on sale right now, but I figured I'd ask here instead of the Skyrim thread to avoid spoilers since I'm debating buying them once they are.

I've barely touched Skyrim, so I'm wondering if the DLCs are the sort that you'd want to have installed from the beginning of your first playthrough, or if it would make more sense to install it later on when you've started running out of things to do? Or save for a second playthrough? I'm mostly curious about Dawnguard and Dragonborn, since I know Hearthfire's just a custom house addon.

I guess I'm wondering how much they affect/change the main game and if they're well-integrated or if they're more like previous expansions in the series where all the new content is shoved off in an side area you can ignore until you want it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: June 27, 2014, 03:14:53 pm »

Dawnguard was pretty small, only bonus was crossbows and the extra Vampire/werewolf powers. Dragonborn gave us the island of Solstheim again which looked very pretty and added alot of quests plus the haphazard feature of dragon riding. as for Vanilla immersion Dawnguard adds in Vampire assassins with death dogs to kill you at night and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and Dragonborn throws cultists at you.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: June 27, 2014, 03:16:37 pm »

You forgot the most important DLC.

Hearthfire allows you to build a wonderful house for your children full of fire and poisonous plants, and then neglect them for the remainder of time.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 1134