Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455075 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8910 on: June 27, 2014, 02:26:17 am »

Still waiting for Rajas of India to go on sale. I settled with 50% off Sons of Abraham, but $15 is quite a bit for a CKII expansion...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8911 on: June 27, 2014, 02:40:21 am »

What happened to "every team will win twice"? It seems to have changed into "red always wins and screw everyone else."

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: June 27, 2014, 02:41:52 am »

That was probably because Valve changed the rules of the game and Team Red seems to have gone all "GLORY TO REDSTOTZKA" and screw everyone else...
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: June 27, 2014, 02:43:33 am »

Indeed, valve changed the rules, introducing competition for second and third place, and then the entire truce collapsed.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #8914 on: June 27, 2014, 03:11:12 am »

Indeed, valve changed the rules, introducing competition for second and third place, and then the entire truce collapsed.
From what I understand, they introduced new rules in order to combat the truce to begin with... Anything to make an extra buck, right? Although there are (allegedly) more free games going out with these rules, so that's good for people. Valve is still a corporate whore though.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: June 27, 2014, 03:16:25 am »

Valve is still a corporate whore though.
Oh come on, you talk like they're a band selling out. It's shallow scheme to get you to spend money for a place in a sweepstakes, sure, but I still think Valve is a corporate slut at worst.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #8916 on: June 27, 2014, 03:22:11 am »

Valve is still a corporate whore though.
Oh come on, you talk like they're a band selling out. It's shallow scheme to get you to spend money for a place in a sweepstakes, sure, but I still think Valve is a corporate slut at worst.
But they make money off of it, so wouldn't "whore" be more apt? :P

SHAKE IT, SHAKE THAT MONEYMAKER

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: June 27, 2014, 03:58:12 am »

Anyone actually buying steam cards, steam sale or not, should consider a lobotomy. The fact there is an economy over those cards and some shitty hats (that completely ruined the once great art style) disgusts me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: June 27, 2014, 04:03:12 am »

Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, L.A. Noire, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are currently on sale. They're part of the "Open World - Great Story" category. L.A. Noire is $6 and the other three are $10 each.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 04:06:04 am by Jacob/Lee »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: June 27, 2014, 04:19:37 am »

Anyone actually buying steam cards, steam sale or not, should consider a lobotomy. The fact there is an economy over those cards and some shitty hats (that completely ruined the once great art style) disgusts me.

Well i bought them to have a background for my profile i keep private anyway and participate in the summer/wintar events where i can grind some extra cents by selling cards.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: June 27, 2014, 04:31:06 am »

I can recommend "Sleeping Dogs" if you like games like GTA. I felt it had a stronger storyline than GTA IV, more interesting characters as well. It's very similar to kung fu movies; undercover cop is torn between his loyalties with the law and the triad. The melee system isn't as good as, say, "Batman: Arkham Asylum" but it's still quite fun to mess around with. There's more of a focus on melee than guns and I recommend trying to play through with minimal use of guns.

I can't say anything about any of the DLC, but I believe one of them adds supernatural elements, jiangshi, which aren't present in the base game.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: June 27, 2014, 05:10:06 am »

Again a weird pricing strategy on steam: L.A. Noire is on sale at €7.49. If you want to pay less you can also buy L.A. Noire the Complete Edition which is only €6.79...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: June 27, 2014, 08:45:34 am »

Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, L.A. Noire, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are currently on sale. They're part of the "Open World - Great Story" category. L.A. Noire is $6 and the other three are $10 each.

LA Noir is a great lying simulator. Everyone looks like they are lying but few actually are. The game lies to you so much so you lose.

I think I may end up not buying anything this entire sale. I don't have much to spend and a lot of games in the past few years are just shit.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:28:40 am by BigD145 »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: June 27, 2014, 09:37:31 am »

Amalur is fun.  It's pretty much a single player MMORPG.  Also a high level mage will WTFPWN everything and make you go power mad. 

Also R. A. Salvatore did the world creation and lore, and Todd McFarlane worked on the art for the game. 

It has Irish accents everywhere also. 
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 1134