Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455072 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8895 on: June 26, 2014, 08:17:13 pm »

Oh gosh, I really hope the next community choice is the Sci-Fi RTS. I'd really like to grab Creeper World 3 and perhaps Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion to play with someone. But it's competing with Skyrim at -75% so I guess there's not a lot of chance...

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: June 26, 2014, 08:25:21 pm »

Crusader Kings II on 80% flash sale.

No further discount on DLC.

Bugger.

Well, the EU4 converter is on 75% matching that game's daily deal (not listed under the EU4 DLC) but everything else is 50% or full price still. Had hoped that the two major updates I'm still missing would go on a better discount...

Funnily this means that the DLC collection is £19.99, while the same collection plus the core game is £13.99...

(Also the collection is only 21/43 of the released DLC, not including the three most recent major updates. Good deal, just not comprehensive. A good few hundred hours playtime in that regardless, even before you dig into mods.)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: June 26, 2014, 08:25:44 pm »

How is Company of Heroes 2 for someone who loved the first one?
It's pretty good, different but good.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: June 26, 2014, 08:27:20 pm »

Planetary Annihilation, even being early access, would be tempting if not for one thing: 1 faction.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8899 on: June 26, 2014, 10:36:51 pm »

Planetary Annihilation, even being early access, would be tempting if not for one thing: 1 faction.
I bought it before already when it was daily

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8900 on: June 26, 2014, 11:03:29 pm »

Oh gosh, I really hope the next community choice is the Sci-Fi RTS. I'd really like to grab Creeper World 3 and perhaps Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion to play with someone. But it's competing with Skyrim at -75% so I guess there's not a lot of chance...
This. ;-;

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #8901 on: June 26, 2014, 11:43:55 pm »

So what if I already own Civ 5 on Steam and I want to go ahead and buy the whole collection for the DLC, will I own a second copy of Civ 5 I can give away?
I got nothing

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: June 26, 2014, 11:47:52 pm »

I believe you won't. If you buy a pack from steam you will not get extra items if you already own them.

There are exceptions (like the Orange Box) but all of those will state that you get extra copies to give to friends on the store page.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: June 26, 2014, 11:59:35 pm »

Just bought RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe, and I'm having a bitch of a time getting it to work. Wolfeyez is having no such problems. Also, I bought Beat Hazard, and OMFGWAT is it shiny.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: June 27, 2014, 12:03:32 am »

Just bought RollerCoaster Tycoon Deluxe, and I'm having a bitch of a time getting it to work. Wolfeyez is having no such problems. Also, I bought Beat Hazard, and OMFGWAT is it shiny.

If you bought it on GOG they would help you or give you a refund. Steam will just stay silent. No refunds ever.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8905 on: June 27, 2014, 12:04:33 am »

If you bought it on GOG they would help you or give you a refund. Steam will just stay silent. No refunds ever.
Meh. I'll figure it out. I'm used to issues like this, as I normally wear an eyepatch when I procure games.

Edit: feels nice to buy games. Also, I got it working without doing anything overly funky.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:31:46 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: June 27, 2014, 01:29:57 am »

Thinking about grabbing CKII. Is the Collection, with the DLC, worth getting? It looks like it doesn't actually have all the DLCs in it. Does it have the most relevant ones?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8907 on: June 27, 2014, 01:41:23 am »

The Republic, The Old Gods, Rajas of India, Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam and Sons of Abraham are the "expansion" DLCs that add a decent amount of content. Everything else is cosmetic.
The better cosmetic DLCs (in my opinion) are the face packs, followed up by the sprites packs and trailed by the music packs.

The current sale isn't a very good one. It has been much cheaper in the past. I would personally wait until Amazon has one of those massive PDI sales and pick it up then.

EDIT: Made a mistake. I thought the collection was 50% off and not 80% off. It's a pretty decent pick at that price and you should get plenty of content out of it without The Olds Gods + Raja of India.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:45:27 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #8908 on: June 27, 2014, 01:43:12 am »

Thinking about grabbing CKII. Is the Collection, with the DLC, worth getting? It looks like it doesn't actually have all the DLCs in it. Does it have the most relevant ones?
If you're into strategies, you will get hours upon hours of play with that pack. It does not include the Old Gods content (play as pagans/Zoroastrians--focus is on Vikings) or the other mods mentioned previously, but it's seriously playable. For this price, it's a steal... from Steam. You can probably get it from other places for cheaper though, as lolcats said.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: June 27, 2014, 02:21:56 am »

Thinking about grabbing CKII...

Just noticed it on flash sale and it's several hours too late for me to even try scrounging up some cash to run out and get a Steam card...

WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME IN THESE WAYS GABEN!?
Pages: 1 ... 592 593 [594] 595 596 ... 1134