Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455077 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8880 on: June 26, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »

Steamworld Dig in on flash sale. Reviews seem to imply it's either so short it's completely boring, or replayable enough to be entertaining. Anyone played it and have thoughts to share?

I got this when it was on sale @ GOG sometime over the spring...  It plays like a dumbed down Motherload, with the shadow of a hackneyed plot stretched over it.  Absolutely zero replay value.  Took me about 6 hours accrued to beat, and I kinda regret spending money on it.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: June 26, 2014, 03:43:16 pm »

Wasn't there a site that lets you see the cheapest any particular game on steam has gone for?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: June 26, 2014, 03:57:50 pm »

Wasn't there a site that lets you see the cheapest any particular game on steam has gone for?
http://www.steamgamesales.com/

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: June 26, 2014, 04:19:04 pm »

Hmm, that only appears how much a title is right now (though on other sites too), not necessarily how cheap it's been in the past.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: June 26, 2014, 04:50:30 pm »

There's a history button next to games that the site has seen on sale before.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8885 on: June 26, 2014, 05:21:46 pm »

A shame that Ikaruga wasn't on this lap's flash sale lineup. Oh well, I can maybe spare the extra couple bucks. I've been wanting to play that game for so long.

Some of the more obscure games in my collection are on sale, if you want. Like Kairo and Retro/Grade for a buck, and such. Retro/Grade is more fun than it looks. Bit of a rhythm game, but it's pretty, and it's fun, and the music's not half-bad. Speaking of which, beef up your copy of Beat Hazard while it's cheap.

EDIT:
I've come to realize based on bundles and Steam Sales, just how much of a cheap bastard I can really become. But hey, at least I'm paying.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:31:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: June 26, 2014, 05:24:55 pm »

There's a history button next to games that the site has seen on sale before.

Ah, View History. Thank you.

Looks like I'll be clearing out half my wish list on the last day of the sale, since most of them are at the lowest point now without being on any additional special, like the daily or flash.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:35:40 pm by Niveras »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: June 26, 2014, 05:45:35 pm »

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:40:32 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: June 26, 2014, 06:04:34 pm »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: June 26, 2014, 06:56:48 pm »

So is Banished worth $10, or should I just keep playing Dwarf Fortress?

Is Dishonered woth $5 (or $10 for the GOTY)? 

I hear credible reports that it is pretty fun and all the bad reviews came from people who had super high expectations of it being all the best parts of Wolfenstien, Thief, and Assassin's Creed and all the flaws stripped away in some kind of mythological rapture of the best of all possible steampunk fantasy first person sneaker action RPG's.

I hear equally credible reports that games shouldn't try to be all things, and you shouldn't go about making excuses for things that suck.

I'm tempted to pay $10 just to find out what the controversy is about.  I've spent more on movies that I didn't like, so I don't feel like its a huge risk.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: June 26, 2014, 07:10:53 pm »

free adventures of shuggy: http://www.smudgedcat.com/shuggy_giveaway/
I don't even know what it is, but I can't turn down free. Thank you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: June 26, 2014, 07:12:15 pm »

Is Dishonered woth $5 (or $10 for the GOTY)? 

I hear credible reports that it is pretty fun and all the bad reviews came from people who had super high expectations of it being all the best parts of Wolfenstien, Thief, and Assassin's Creed and all the flaws stripped away in some kind of mythological rapture of the best of all possible steampunk fantasy first person sneaker action RPG's.

I hear equally credible reports that games shouldn't try to be all things, and you shouldn't go about making excuses for things that suck.

I'm tempted to pay $10 just to find out what the controversy is about.  I've spent more on movies that I didn't like, so I don't feel like its a huge risk.

Dishonored is not Thief, it's more similar to Deus Ex in the sense that you have the option of deciding how you want to clear a mission and some level of consequences. But even so, it's a better Thief game than the new travesty that got spit out.

Personally, I haven't really heard anyone say that it sucks; It was a new IP and it did pretty well for a first try. It's not "open", in any sense, "flexible" would be a better term. Anyone who expected perfection needs to learn to control their hype and not insert their own dreams into things.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: June 26, 2014, 07:25:05 pm »

In Dishonored you are a wanted criminal wearing a mask in a society where nobody wears masks. NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: June 26, 2014, 07:32:27 pm »

In Dishonored you are a wanted criminal wearing a mask in a society where nobody wears masks. NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW

Except for the masquerade party?

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: June 26, 2014, 07:59:24 pm »

How is Company of Heroes 2 for someone who loved the first one?
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1134