Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455240 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8835 on: June 25, 2014, 10:54:20 pm »

Amazing Steam. Unreal Tournament 3 and Quake III Arena from upcoming community choice isn't even buyable with a German IP. So it's basically only 2 games Steam shows.
I'm thinking you should blame Germany for that.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: June 25, 2014, 10:58:45 pm »

What are some good metroidvania games on steam? Or where can I get like a big pack of the castlevania games?

I've already got the 2 LoS's on steam, and I've played other castlevania's but  I NEED MORE!
I rather like Valdis Story, m'self. Guacamelee is also quite solid. Definitely a different sort of metroidvania than the castlevania games, though. If you're looking for something that's very different, but still pretty metroidvania-ish, you might check out Waking Mars.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: June 25, 2014, 11:00:35 pm »

What are some good metroidvania games on steam? Or where can I get like a big pack of the castlevania games?

I've already got the 2 LoS's on steam, and I've played other castlevania's but  I NEED MORE!
I rather like Valdis Story, m'self. Guacamelee is also quite solid. Definitely a different sort of metroidvania than the castlevania games, though. If you're looking for something that's very different, but still pretty metroidvania-ish, you might check out Waking Mars.
Cave Story is pretty Metroidvania as well.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: June 25, 2014, 11:05:11 pm »

Mm... true. I just don't think of CS as a commercial game :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:08 pm »

Mm... true. I just don't think of CS as a commercial game :P
CS+ then. Some extra content, upgraded graphics and music if you want.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: June 25, 2014, 11:48:52 pm »

other pretty good "metroidvanias" i would recommend are:
"aquaria" http://store.steampowered.com/app/24420/
"dust: an elysian tale" http://store.steampowered.com/app/236090/
dust has pretty cool combat and quick movement.

and a "different" metroidvania would be:
fortune summoners http://store.steampowered.com/app/203510/
but that one is more a jrpg.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: June 26, 2014, 03:18:41 am »

If you're a fan of roguelikes, you should give One Way heroics a chance. It is currently only $0.87 and once you sell its cards it's practically free.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: June 26, 2014, 03:27:25 am »

The Mass Effect community choice sale is weird. They're displaying the first game on the front page but the second is also on sale with the same discount. What's weirder is that the digital deluxe version of mass effect 2 costs the same as the regular edition...

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: June 26, 2014, 04:47:18 am »

Waking Mars is a metroidvania? I picked it up in an indie bundle once, but in the hour or so that I played it came across to me more as a as a point-and-click adventure than a metroidvania... (It's not quite parallel with actual P&C games, buts exploration and clicking.) Maybe I didn't get far enough?

Disclaimer: I feel combat is an intrinsic necessity for any "metroidvania" label.

I went browsing to see what games are tagged with metroidvania in steam, and I'm personally picking up one way heroics, a valley without wind (pack of 1 and 2; it looks a little iffy though) as well as looking at Steamworld Dig (might be short) and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:02:21 am by Niveras »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: June 26, 2014, 05:14:37 am »

The Banner Saga has been worth the money.
Recommended for everyone that likes SRPGs, choose your own adventure books and artsy games.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8845 on: June 26, 2014, 05:24:11 am »

Dammit, did I miss Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword going bellow 66% twice now in a row? How did this happen.  :-\

Dunno, calling Endless Space trash-tier does seem a bit unfair... personally, I like it. Granted, didn't put much hours in it, but I will say it does many things right and for a 5,99€? Why the hell not. Sleek UI, nice graphics, fun random events, all-in-all solid 4x elements... As for combat system - eh, some dislike it, but at least it tries something different. From my perspective at least, I might be biased. There are pricier and worse things you could be spending your money on.

E.Y.E. had massive discount a while back, but it's still 2,50€ until the end of the sale and I think it's well worth it.
Though in this case I KNOW I am biased.
I have 8 copies of this game just sitting in my inventory.
Because I like buying it every time it goes on sale.
Because I like this game.

Also, keep eyes on The Swapper everyone. It's currently 50% off. In doubt, as always, wait until the very final hours of the sale in case it goes even lower. But I'd say it's actually worth the full price.

Soooo...

... any of you played Gunhound EX? Random internet meanderings note that it's apparently similar to Cybernator(/Metal Warriors/Front Mission: Gun Hazard, etc.), just... newer. And well. I'm thinking about it. It and/or this one. Probably chill on it until the 30th on the unlikely chance a larger discount shows up, but...
I thank you for this. Knew about Gigantic Army before, but Gunhound is new. Control scheme sounds quite similar to B.A.D. I already have though, which does pose a bit of a challenge.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: June 26, 2014, 05:24:36 am »

Bought Mirror's Edge.

It runs quite badly, pretty much unplayable. I'm not sure why, since I can run Crysis 2 at the highest graphics settings with no problems whatsoever and this sure as hell doesn't even compare...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: June 26, 2014, 05:38:25 am »

Personally, I think Endless Space is a great game. I bought it at full price when it released and it was certainly worth it. Great sci-fi 4X. It has a few issues, but certainly nothing gamebreaking.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: June 26, 2014, 06:31:29 am »

If you're a fan of roguelikes, you should give One Way heroics a chance. It is currently only $0.87 and once you sell its cards it's practically free.

+1
It's a great little game. Fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: June 26, 2014, 07:06:26 am »

Blandness can be a feature. One of the reasons I couldn't really get into the Civ4 FFH mod was that everything was a bit too specific and weird. Sometimes you just want to play as elves or whatever, not puzzle out hyper-specific star-worshiping frost elves led by Landor III and therefore in possession of the artifact Dreadnacht wielded by the champion Ozzifrist.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 1134