Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452416 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8700 on: June 22, 2014, 09:14:30 pm »

I forgot about NW. It was so much fun as rumpel already stated. While organised line battles were fun I found the chaos of the public servers even better.
Men trying to line up shots with their crappy muskets only to get a bottle to the face and then a farming fork in the chest from some drunk Russian partisan. Engineers trying to construct shelter while British rockets fly down on them. Sappers putting their axe through some poor bastards skull. Highlanders playing Auld Lang Syne as they bayonet charge into a fortified building.

Damn those were the days. Shame the servers died out this way when Chivalry came out.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8701 on: June 22, 2014, 09:52:06 pm »

-snip-

Damn those were the days. Shame the servers died out this way when Chivalry came out.

Indeed very sad. The weekly line battle was something I was always waiting eagerly for. In my opinion, M&B is much more fun than Chivalry. I have hundreds of hours of M&B compared to ~7 hours of Chivalry. I just can't get into it.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8702 on: June 22, 2014, 10:09:28 pm »

https://www.humblebundle.com/sgdq

There are some great games in this one and ALL the money goes to a worthy charity.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: June 23, 2014, 04:47:09 am »

So can someone clarify this sale metagame for me? If I'm not buying games, and I'm not level 8, but I still put myself on a team, does that mean that I get my infinitesimal chance at free games?

I think as long as you belong to a team you might be one of the 30. I haven't crafted any badges myself yet I'm on a team, I think I joined while I was looking at the adventure page and clicked "get started". (I don't recall the actual name of the button but I think it was, after clicking on the map, the button just below the daily scoreboard that shows "my overview" and "friend overview.")

I'm also only level 6 and while I don't get cards for community voting, I do still get cards for every $10 I spend.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: June 23, 2014, 04:51:18 am »

I said nothing showing my ignorance here.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:07:43 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8705 on: June 23, 2014, 05:12:10 am »

No, no TF2 items. For most games that feature them you have to own the game at the point that the items are handed out/preorder and getting the game later doesn't give you them.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8706 on: June 23, 2014, 07:41:03 am »

So can someone clarify this sale metagame for me? If I'm not buying games, and I'm not level 8, but I still put myself on a team, does that mean that I get my infinitesimal chance at free games?

I think as long as you belong to a team you might be one of the 30. I haven't crafted any badges myself yet I'm on a team, I think I joined while I was looking at the adventure page and clicked "get started". (I don't recall the actual name of the button but I think it was, after clicking on the map, the button just below the daily scoreboard that shows "my overview" and "friend overview.")

I'm also only level 6 and while I don't get cards for community voting, I do still get cards for every $10 I spend.

Quote from: FAQ
Each day the team with the most points wins. 30 members of that team who contributed points that day will win the top 3 games off their Wishlist. Make sure to update your Wishlist.

Quote from: FAQ
Summer Adventure Badge - 10 points
Summer Adventure Foil Badge - 100 points
any other game badge - 1 point
any foil game badge - 10 points

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: June 23, 2014, 11:42:33 am »

Battleblock Theatre is on sale as a daily deal, 75% off, $3.75. Opinions? Is there online multiplayer matchmaking or dedicated servers or anything? It seems like multiplayer is an emphasis for the game, if all it has is multiplayer with Steam friends or local then I don't think I'd get much out of the experience.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: June 23, 2014, 11:56:11 am »

Bought New Vegas Ultimate edition. Already have it on xbox, but that's not too helpful when I don't bring it to uni, and besides, I want mods.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: June 23, 2014, 11:59:03 am »

Uh is anyone getting sent to origin if they go to the vote page and click on Battle Forge? This is weird
It's FEF, not FEOF

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: June 23, 2014, 12:07:11 pm »

Uh is anyone getting sent to origin if they go to the vote page and click on Battle Forge? This is weird

I think if you click on the game within the vote page, rather than the vote button, it takes you to that game's page. That's what happened to me.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: June 23, 2014, 12:09:15 pm »

Risk of Rain is on community, but showing the basic sale price.  EDIT: They fixed it kinda fast.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:11:56 pm by aristabulus »
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8712 on: June 23, 2014, 12:16:03 pm »

According to the SGDQ irc chat, its a bunch of subreddits rigging the teams.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: June 23, 2014, 12:20:33 pm »

*sigh* of course
It's FEF, not FEOF

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: June 23, 2014, 12:21:19 pm »

Well, I do hope they rig it in my direction sometime soon.
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 1134