Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452415 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8685 on: June 22, 2014, 05:44:22 pm »

Is it likely for XCOM: Enemy Within to drop in price further? Currently it is 50% off and I wouldn't mind finally picking it up.

I think this was on sale along with Enemy Unknown on Day 1, can't find data to confirm that...  It could bubble up again on community or flash, and I'd put good odds on it making the cut for the finale medley.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: June 22, 2014, 05:58:32 pm »

I got it for 5 euros earlier on in the sale.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: June 22, 2014, 08:06:32 pm »

All Mount and Blade games on 80% off flash sale.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: June 22, 2014, 08:07:41 pm »

Jeez, if that 4x community vote goes through... Dominions 4 at 75% off? Nice. Pretty big if, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8689 on: June 22, 2014, 08:10:10 pm »

Jeez, if that 4x community vote goes through... Dominions 4 at 75% off? Nice. Pretty big if, though.
I know what I'm voting for o_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: June 22, 2014, 08:29:12 pm »

So can someone clarify this sale metagame for me? If I'm not buying games, and I'm not level 8, but I still put myself on a team, does that mean that I get my infinitesimal chance at free games?

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: June 22, 2014, 08:34:51 pm »

If you are getting at least one point (by crafting badges) then probably, if you are like me and completely ignoring the whole thing then no.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: June 22, 2014, 08:36:33 pm »

Could someone explain Mount and Blade to me? I've heard lots of things about it..

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: June 22, 2014, 08:41:27 pm »

If you are getting at least one point (by crafting badges) then probably, if you are like me and completely ignoring the whole thing then no.

I don't even know what badges are, let alone how to craft them. I guess I'm out on this one :P

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: June 22, 2014, 08:54:35 pm »

Could someone explain Mount and Blade to me? I've heard lots of things about it..
Its a medieval combat simulator. Run around on horseback, shoot things in the face with arrows, order troops around. It's quite fun. And there are a GREAT many mods for it. However, I've not played it in many years, so I'm not sure where its gotten. I picked it up way back before it was  steam for 30 bucks, and I felt it was worth it then. For 3 bucks, I would say its worth.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: June 22, 2014, 08:55:03 pm »

Ditto, Dominions 4 was a big maybe for me, albeit a positive one. If it goes on the 75% sale, it becomes a definite buy.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: June 22, 2014, 08:56:50 pm »

Imagine Total War where you're thrown into the battle instead of controlling the men from above. Your weapon attacks are linked to the movement of the mouse so you can slash, stab and block in many different ways making it the most satisfying and tactical combat I've ever played.

Outside of battles the game plays in an overworld where you march across the map visiting towns and villages to recruit new men or to wage war on other bands or armies. This aspect reminds me heavily of the old Sid Meier's Pirates game. Aside from battles there are also sieges, quests and raids on villages/bandit battles.

Warband is by far the best in the series being an expand-alone. The first Mount and Blade is sometimes still played since there's a couple of legacy mods that are quite popular. There's also With Fire and Sword which was made by an outside studio which is generally considered inferior, it's a real era and much more modern adding guns and such but is more focused on a narrative.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: June 22, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »

Me too. I should have bought it already though. I asked a bit in the Dominions 4 thread when it was on sale last time but silly me didn't purchase it. And now that it may get even cheaper I don't have enough money. Awful world, lol.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: June 22, 2014, 09:05:15 pm »

I love Napoleonic Wars! I recommend it. It's sooo fun attacking a castle with 100 peeps while 100 are defending it. So many bullets, so many comrades you'll see dieing next to you while charging.
Oh! And of course: the drummer/flute musicial class people who often do nothing but play music while dozens of people battle around them. <3

By the way, what the fuck is happening with the team score thing? Does anybody have some explanation for me?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:08:11 pm by rumpel »
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 1134