Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452395 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8670 on: June 22, 2014, 01:31:24 pm »

I didn't mean "short" as negatively. Short is very subjective and what matters the most is how good the game is and not the length of it. For me Sleeping Dogs was not short, but I have heard from some people that it was for them.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8671 on: June 22, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »

Borderlands 2 is up at 75% off, with the DLC at 67% off. From reading the steam forums, if you pick up the GOTY edition, you will also want to pick up the Vault hunter pack 2 and the 5 Headhunter packs to get a complete set of content. Comes to £13.30 which seems like a reasonable price.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: June 22, 2014, 02:24:17 pm »

Borderlands 2 is up at 75% off, with the DLC at 67% off. From reading the steam forums, if you pick up the GOTY edition, you will also want to pick up the Vault hunter pack 2 and the 5 Headhunter packs to get a complete set of content. Comes to £13.30 which seems like a reasonable price.

I just checked it and wanted to point out one thing: The entry on the page ABOVE the BL2 GOTY is BL2 *base* and BL1 GOTY for the same money... without any extra BL2 content. Be careful which one you click on to buy.

I'm still waiting for them to fold ALL the content into one pack for $10 or so. Something about the colossal amount of filler DLC they did and still cutting content from the "super ultimate combo pack" irritates me just enough to not want to bother yet.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: June 22, 2014, 02:49:58 pm »

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning as Steam Daily Deal.
5 Monies for the game, 5 more for the DLC which seems to actually have CONTENT (but enough of it?).

Any praises or words of warning?

edit:
Tomb Raider (ze reboot) as Steam Daily Deal as well.
5 monies too. But I've pretty much decided to buy that one. Just linking to let you guys know.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 02:52:49 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: June 22, 2014, 02:52:18 pm »

Battle block theater? You know the drill.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: June 22, 2014, 02:55:08 pm »

5 Monies for the game, 5 more for the DLC which seems to actually have CONTENT (but enough of it?).

edit:
Tomb Raider (ze reboot) as Steam Daily Deal as well.
5 monies too. But I've pretty much decided to buy that one. Just linking to let you guys know.

Something that's a mix of Skyrim and WoW. No mods. Decent combat with exotic weapons and somewhat original storyline.
I was planning to buy it actually and will most likely do it later when i get some funds transferred onto my paypal account
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: June 22, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »

If memory serves, Amalur was supposed to have been an MMO, but got turned into a single player game instead. It still has some elements of that, such as groups of respawning monsters wandering small areas, fetch quests, the usual. If you like that sort of stuff, go ahead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: June 22, 2014, 03:06:49 pm »

Bought Dragon Age: Origins at the recommendation of basically everybody, State of Decay: Lifeline at the recommendation of one guy in the SoD thread (though it probably would have been cheaper yesterday), and Betrayer at the recommendation of nobody but it looked cool.

On that note, has anyone actually played Betrayer? The reviews were mostly good.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: June 22, 2014, 05:25:44 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:07:14 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: June 22, 2014, 05:26:57 pm »

Amalur is basically singleplayer WoW. It's got fancier combat, but it really is just singleplayer WoW. Especially in the second half of the game when the fetch quests really start coming out (possibly since they started running out of ideas.)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: June 22, 2014, 05:32:16 pm »

Is it likely for XCOM: Enemy Within to drop in price further? Currently it is 50% off and I wouldn't mind finally picking it up.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: June 22, 2014, 05:32:50 pm »

BFEL likes the Amalur. The Amalur is better then the sum of its MMO-y parts.

Sure, a lot of it is pretty much just "raise values, become awesome" but the stuff you can do with that awesome is in and of itself, awesome.

Also yes, the DLC actually add stuffs.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: June 22, 2014, 05:36:13 pm »

I enjoyed Sleeping_Dogs. It has genuine moments of feeling like you're in a Hong Kong action movie, it's got the right narrative to support it. The city does feel a little barren compared to something like GTA, but it felt like what I was doing was a lot more focused without the usual clutter of dozens of missions and collectibles spread over a huge map. Combat is ok, it's a lot like AC in that it's really about counters. Though it puts a higher emphasis on combos than AC does.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8683 on: June 22, 2014, 05:38:38 pm »

Is it likely for XCOM: Enemy Within to drop in price further? Currently it is 50% off and I wouldn't mind finally picking it up.

XCOM has had a daily/flash sale at 75% off already if I recall correctly. There is a reasonable chance it will come up again though.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: June 22, 2014, 05:39:27 pm »

No promises, but even big titles seem to hit 75% or so as long as they have a bit of age and you luck out on a daily/flash deal. Me? I'd probably wait for it to go over 50% / below 10€ before buying, but I'm cheap as hell.
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 1134