Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452296 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8625 on: June 21, 2014, 04:44:25 pm »

Anyone caved on Prison Architect? Still on 66% off and I've been vaguely interested, but worried it would feel like a cheap, unfinished imitation of the old Theme games rather than an updated and improved version.

I got it on a sale a while back, and I personally enjoy it. Yes, it's still in alpha, but they have monthly updates, and what's there is really fun, if you're into that sort of game.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: June 21, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »

Not played it personally, but my friend does and he enjoys it greatly. Apparently it doesn't feel too unfinished.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: June 21, 2014, 05:52:12 pm »

No its not a cheap shitty ripoff title...its made by introversion which is a pretty well known indie developer and is definetely high quality

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: June 21, 2014, 06:22:13 pm »

Anyone caved on Prison Architect? Still on 66% off and I've been vaguely interested, but worried it would feel like a cheap, unfinished imitation of the old Theme games rather than an updated and improved version.

No, it's doing its own thing. A is a sim that does not skimp on the details or the mechanics.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: June 21, 2014, 06:41:33 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:09:31 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: June 21, 2014, 06:44:51 pm »

It reaaalllyy depends on what you like about TES. I liked the exploring and modding aspects, and there was plenty of that in Skyrim. If you liked the numbers and making them go up, no.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: June 21, 2014, 06:49:51 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:09:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #8632 on: June 21, 2014, 06:54:08 pm »

There's still a good deal of exploration and puzzle-solving.
But to put it up against FEZ? Eh, it pales. But then FEZ is 90% puzzle-solving.
Zelda on the other hand, I'd say it could stand up to it.
But you really would be missing out on a lot by refusing to do the relatively simple modding process of downloading files and dropping them in the folders and clicking a button to sort them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: June 21, 2014, 06:56:38 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:09:27 pm by Vector »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: June 21, 2014, 06:56:57 pm »

I haven't played Skyrim (or Oblivion) so I can't comment on those, but Morrowind had a ton of detail in the other areas that weren't directly related to the "main plot" but instead were just there to flesh out the world and reward you for exploring everything everywhere. If you like exploring ALL the things, it's probably a good buy. If you're in doubt or that doesn't sound like your kinda thing, skipping is probably best. Especially if you won't be modding the crap out of it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #8635 on: June 21, 2014, 07:02:22 pm »

I'm not really into modding, sadly. Exploring usually only in context of a game where you're looking for clues/hidden treasure/whatever, like in Fez or La-Mulana or Zelda or whatnot. Hurm : /

Sounds like you'd enjoy Darksiders.

Skyrim is just a very atmospheric game. "You are now this person in this world. Have fun." There's the typical A->B->C for quest chains, but you're pretty much encouraged to do whatever you damn well please in a very large world that gives the impression that it's living and breathing. Skyrim, for me, was about 80% "Oooh! Aaah! Awesome, they thought to do this! And look, a random hunter, just hunting! This is great!", and I really enjoyed it because I'm really into that sort of feel. If you do prefer more linear-styled play, then yeah, this likely isn't for you.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: June 21, 2014, 09:03:47 pm »

I'm not really into modding, sadly. Exploring usually only in context of a game where you're looking for clues/hidden treasure/whatever, like in Fez or La-Mulana or Zelda or whatnot. Hurm : /

Yeah, Darksiders is pretty much grimdark zelda (well, the first. Second is more of a prience of persia game).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: June 21, 2014, 09:24:04 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:09:23 pm by Vector »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:31 pm »

Yeah, Darksiders is pretty much grimdark zelda (well, the first. Second is more of a prience of persia game).

I would say the opposite. DSII feels like one of the open-world Zelda games to me.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: June 21, 2014, 09:53:07 pm »

I wasn't so fond of darksiders. The enemies seemed to have a bit too much hp, without being overlly dangerous, so you just had to hack at them for ages as more spawned. Seemed to rely on 'door locks until you kill x enemies' a lot, too.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 1134