Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452298 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8610 on: June 21, 2014, 03:03:58 pm »

Soooo...

... any of you played Gunhound EX? Random internet meanderings note that it's apparently similar to Cybernator(/Metal Warriors/Front Mission: Gun Hazard, etc.), just... newer. And well. I'm thinking about it. It and/or this one. Probably chill on it until the 30th on the unlikely chance a larger discount shows up, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8611 on: June 21, 2014, 03:07:46 pm »

I wouldn't buy it unless you have a controller, you need 8 fingers on one hand to work the keyboard commands correctly and they can't be remapped.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8612 on: June 21, 2014, 03:12:47 pm »

... elaborate a little? I've been playing stuff like that on keyboard for... a while now (Pretty much all of the "like X" I listed, really), and it's usually fairly painless. Also have access to autohotkey and whatnot if it came to it -- remapping is a matter of will, not program limits :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8613 on: June 21, 2014, 03:23:25 pm »

Primary attack is A
Melee attack is S
Holding down Ctrl Locks your firing angle
Holding down X fires your thrusters.
Holding down Shift prepares your secondary firing mode.
Firing your Heavy Weapon is Shift+A
Firing your Secondary Heavy Weapon is Shift+S
Jumping is Z

That's not even including ZeroG controls.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8614 on: June 21, 2014, 03:32:00 pm »

Primary attack is A
Melee attack is S
Holding down Ctrl Locks your firing angle
Holding down X fires your thrusters.
Holding down Shift prepares your secondary firing mode.
Firing your Heavy Weapon is Shift+A
Firing your Secondary Heavy Weapon is Shift+S
Jumping is Z

That's not even including ZeroG controls.
Sounds like a fairly normal control scheme. Everything makes sense, at least.

I have, at one time, for lack of a better option, played Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum using nothing but the keyboard. The controls and hotkeys list is eleven pages long. ._.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8615 on: June 21, 2014, 03:36:51 pm »

It LOOKS like a fairly standard setup, but when you actually get your hands on it...

You have your pinky on ctrl.
Your ring finger is on shift.
That leaves your index and middle fingers to swap between attack, melee, jumping, and thrust.
Your thumb is would have to reach under those two fingers and would just get in the way.

This is a fast-paced game.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8616 on: June 21, 2014, 03:47:33 pm »

Yeah, that does sound kinda' harsh. Maybe more bearable after working space or something to be used for, say, jump, but... I'll have to think about it. Or get a controller, which... eh.
Ask not!
Ask!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8617 on: June 21, 2014, 03:52:38 pm »

25% off of Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold? Yes, please.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8618 on: June 21, 2014, 03:59:22 pm »

I believe there was a better deal for that one during one of the flash sales.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8619 on: June 21, 2014, 04:02:31 pm »

It LOOKS like a fairly standard setup, but when you actually get your hands on it...

You have your pinky on ctrl.
Your ring finger is on shift.
That leaves your index and middle fingers to swap between attack, melee, jumping, and thrust.
Your thumb is would have to reach under those two fingers and would just get in the way.

This is a fast-paced game.
I've... honestly never done that. Given that I always play WASD-configuration games, as well as Genesis emulator games (with the 6-button controller layout) my left hand's pinky finger is in charge of both the Shift and the Ctrl keys, leaving the ring, index, and middle fingers to do everything they please.

For this setup, the pinky finger operates the modifiers, the three center fingers are on A-S-X, the thumb is tucked under to jump with Z. If the game understands right-Ctrl the same as left-Ctrl, you can leave the left's pinky on the left shift and operate the right Ctrl with the right's thumb. Or you can rebind Z to Space with AutoHotKey, and, if you have a full-size keyboard, rebind specific combinations to numpad keys you can operate with your right's thumb and pinky. It's quite doable. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8620 on: June 21, 2014, 04:19:02 pm »

(KB things)
(more KB things)

You right-handed people have it easy.  >_<  My KB hand frequently looks like a pretzel when I have to keep up with more than a few keys, even with remapping.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8621 on: June 21, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »

So, being a bit of a survival game lover, I'm stuck between Project Zomboid and 7 Days to Die. Both early access, yeah, but looking interesting. Anyone played these two before with little reviews of their own?

OR I could get Banished or something...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8622 on: June 21, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »

I believe there was a better deal for that one during one of the flash sales.
Meh. I had half of the cost in my steam wallet anyway from selling XCOM/Terraria cards that I have no reason to keep.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8623 on: June 21, 2014, 04:36:58 pm »

So, being a bit of a survival game lover, I'm stuck between Project Zomboid and 7 Days to Die. Both early access, yeah, but looking interesting. Anyone played these two before with little reviews of their own?

OR I could get Banished or something...

Project Zomboid is fun, and doesn't feel incomplete, unlike most games on early access. However, there is a significant lack of late game content besides farming and building. (This may be different now, I haven't played it in 4 months or so) They are still working on it though, and they recently added co-op/multiplayer to the decently sized open world they have, which is cool. One other downside is that it's pretty easy. Yes, it's easy to die, but it's ridiculously simple to avoid dying unless you customize it so that the zombies are faster than you.

As for 7 days, I've heard mixed things. It's being worked on still, which is good, but supposedly it still feels pretty incomplete, and there's no sense of progression at the moment. Also, a lot of people feel that $35 is too much for an alpha game, although I think I remember hearing that they lowered it a bit. However, I hear that it's still fun for a bit, especially with a group of friends.

Banished is decent, if you like city building/survival game. However there is absolutely no late game content, and once you've played it for a few hours, you've done all there is to do.

For me, I'd go for Zomboid out of the three, I've gotten much more time playing Zomboid than Banished.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8624 on: June 21, 2014, 04:42:18 pm »

Anyone caved on Prison Architect? Still on 66% off and I've been vaguely interested, but worried it would feel like a cheap, unfinished imitation of the old Theme games rather than an updated and improved version.
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 1134