Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452339 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8550 on: June 20, 2014, 01:23:28 pm »

You have to be steam level 8 to receive the cards. (Get the free badges and collect all of you games card drops to improve your level)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: June 20, 2014, 01:29:48 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:12:22 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: June 20, 2014, 01:32:23 pm »

What are cards good far anyway? They sell for 0.30 EUR on the market so I doubt you're missing out.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: June 20, 2014, 01:36:16 pm »

What are cards good far anyway? They sell for 0.30 EUR on the market so I doubt you're missing out.
You described what they're good for already. (Unless you really want badges.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: June 20, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »

Vector, I'm in the same boat with ya.  This moving goalpost crap is silly, sillier because it's for the sake of digital cards.

If I have any cards that will help you get past the post, let me know (via Steam).  We're already friended up.

You have to be steam level 8 to receive the cards. (Get the free badges and collect all of you games card drops to improve your level)
... the system is rigged ...

It was L6 last time.... it'll probably be L10 for the holidays.    >:(
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: June 20, 2014, 01:37:14 pm »

I like trading 10 at a time for bundle games that I missed.

Edit:When the summer cards started it did not have any requirements so people could make steam accounts to gather the cards to sell.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: June 20, 2014, 01:51:12 pm »

I assume it's so people don't make a lot of Steam accounts so they can get free cards and sell them.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8557 on: June 20, 2014, 01:52:02 pm »

Edit:When the summer cards started it did not have any requirements so people could make steam accounts to gather the cards to sell.

I can understand having some sort of level req, to prevent multi-account harvesting...  but bumping up the level req will only make the system trend towards insular.  The higher the req goes, the more people will be unwilling to chase the carrot.

We should nip this card chit-chat in the bud now (it's sorta meta, but still), as to not agitate Tellemurius.  The card thread can be necro'd, if people really want to discuss it more.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: June 20, 2014, 01:56:34 pm »

Mount & Blade Warband for 4 moneys. Weee!
Add in Fire & Sword expansion/sequel thing for 2 moneys if you're so inclined.
Link

'Tis a flash sale for the next seven or so hours.

Fire & Sword any good? I remember holding off on it a while back because people had a bunch of issues with it.
If you like muskets it might be your game. Although supposedly mods with equally good ones exists.
It also has some actual storylines in it, although you need to follow a step-by-step guide to activate them and not fuck them up.

It doesn't bring that much new to the table (I think the sieges and fief are a bit better as well), but it's been worth my money.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8559 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:14 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:12:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #8560 on: June 20, 2014, 02:07:13 pm »

Link

Fire & Sword any good? I remember holding off on it a while back because people had a bunch of issues with it.
If you like muskets it might be your game. Although supposedly mods with equally good ones exists.
It also has some actual storylines in it, although you need to follow a step-by-step guide to activate them and not fuck them up.

It doesn't bring that much new to the table (I think the sieges and fief are a bit better as well), but it's been worth my money.

If you want guns it might be a better idea to get Warband + Napoleonic DLC. There are organised events with 100 players, and it's easy to get in a squad of some sort. It's good fun!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: June 20, 2014, 02:12:10 pm »

Link

If you want guns it might be a better idea to get Warband + Napoleonic DLC. There are organised events with 100 players, and it's easy to get in a squad of some sort. It's good fun!
I never liked multiplayer in this game.
The melee controls just feel really clunky, after I had been spoiled by the dueling mechanics of the Movie Battles II mod for Jedi Academy.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: June 20, 2014, 02:14:00 pm »

Link

The melee controls just feel really clunky, after I had been spoiled by the dueling mechanics of the Movie Battles II mod for Jedi Academy.
F&S is not a sequel.  It is more of an official mod with a storyline.(Or I guess limited expansion...)
Plus, if you want guns, there are mods that are plenty good and have guns in em.

In short, the base M&B Warband is good enough, since you got mods.  None of em require F&S to work.  F&S don't really add much overall, but 2 dosh ain't too bad for it.  It is your choice.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: June 20, 2014, 02:16:15 pm »

I think I'll pass, thanks. Not too fond of musket style warfare, so if I want to try that out I'll just go grab a mod.

Thanks for the advice!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: June 20, 2014, 03:26:13 pm »

Link

F&S is not a sequel.  It is more of an official mod with a storyline.(Or I guess limited expansion...)
Plus, if you want guns, there are mods that are plenty good and have guns in em.

In short, the base M&B Warband is good enough, since you got mods.  None of em require F&S to work.  F&S don't really add much overall, but 2 dosh ain't too bad for it.  It is your choice.

It's even weirder - it's actually a mod of Mount and Blade sans Warband, ported over to the Warband engine later on in development. So, it doesn't have some Warband features, except improved animations and graphics in general, but expands on M&B's.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1134