Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452341 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8520 on: June 20, 2014, 04:27:01 am »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:12:26 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: June 20, 2014, 04:33:45 am »

Wh... at?

Ubisoft's password recovery:

Erm...

Yeah its insane but it worked for me. i had to cycle through the pictures till i found one with  4 numbers and type the first half in the left field and the rest on the right.
Other numbers that are splittable in half might work too but i did it with a 4... so i guess it works but its one hell of a unintuitive system.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: June 20, 2014, 04:39:52 am »

Well, it certainly is going to confuse the hell out of bots.

I like the "genre cluster" thing a lot. Nothing I want has gone on sale yet--seriously, nothing--but I've got my fingers crossed. If stuff goes well it'd be cool to have like four bullet hells available >_> <_<
I think it's based on the tag system. After all, I don't think that Underrated is an official genre.

On a side note, don't forget to activate your team thingy. You can get free rewards for doing nothing.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: June 20, 2014, 04:45:35 am »

I like the "genre cluster" thing a lot. Nothing I want has gone on sale yet--seriously, nothing--but I've got my fingers crossed. If stuff goes well it'd be cool to have like four bullet hells available >_> <_<
I think it's based on the tag system. After all, I don't think that Underrated is an official genre.
I so hope that "Walking Simulator" comes up as one of the things to vote for.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: June 20, 2014, 06:04:25 am »

Yeah its insane but it worked for me. i had to cycle through the pictures till i found one with  4 numbers and type the first half in the left field and the rest on the right.
Other numbers that are splittable in half might work too but i did it with a 4... so i guess it works but its one hell of a unintuitive system.

Ah yes it works now, thanks!

Thats horribly confusing though.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8525 on: June 20, 2014, 06:29:23 am »

Looks like they have changed how the market works, at least for high volume items like the summer cards. Now uses buy orders matched to sell offers rather than individual listings. As the highest buy order is always matched with the lowest sell offer, it is no longer possible to grab the smaller number of items that are below the market rate by being quick.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: June 20, 2014, 08:05:08 am »

I made over $190 today and am poised to make a lot more in the coming days unless something changes soon. I have two accounts and each has a bunch of change team tokens that I bought for around $7-10 each. When a team is in the lead the price for that team spikes to $38-45. Other items are less profitable, like steal points which are always overpriced and 500 bonus points which never seem to rise above $10. I'm hoping to make enough money to buy the $800 version of gamemaker that would also give me 80 cards, lol. I only have 3 items on my wishlist and one of them is an $800 item. While the odds of being one of the 30 on a winning team are low, the odds of them giving me almost $900 of games is much lower.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:52 am »

Well I caved in and bought Divinity: Original Sin.
Looking forward to god-tier music and writing. Combat system might actually be fun as well.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: June 20, 2014, 08:51:46 am »

I made over $190 today and am poised to make a lot more in the coming days unless something changes soon. I have two accounts and each has a bunch of change team tokens that I bought for around $7-10 each. When a team is in the lead the price for that team spikes to $38-45. Other items are less profitable, like steal points which are always overpriced and 500 bonus points which never seem to rise above $10. I'm hoping to make enough money to buy the $800 version of gamemaker that would also give me 80 cards, lol. I only have 3 items on my wishlist and one of them is an $800 item. While the odds of being one of the 30 on a winning team are low, the odds of them giving me almost $900 of games is much lower.
Valve's hat based economy system really has gone a long way.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: June 20, 2014, 09:40:48 am »

I've hit my sales limit for a year and there is no way hell I'm giving valve my ssn.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: June 20, 2014, 09:44:16 am »

If thats what i'm thinking of, why would your ssn be related to buying things of this low of prices? ???
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: June 20, 2014, 09:53:11 am »

Okay, now that's draconic security.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: June 20, 2014, 10:15:13 am »

Even if I wanted to give any money, there's no games I want to buy.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: June 20, 2014, 11:35:15 am »

Hmmm....SpaceChem is $1.99.
Worth it?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: June 20, 2014, 11:36:34 am »

Hmmm....SpaceChem is $1.99.
Worth it?
I enjoy it.
It's just really difficult pretty quickly.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 1134