Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453179 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - GoG and Humble Store Spring Sales!
« Reply #8190 on: May 16, 2014, 05:45:32 am »

It's worth noting that that's the second "insomnia" sale in the last few years on GOG. Most of its sales are more conventional weekly specials (like the previous indie promo, or ubisoft/might&magic one before that etc.).

More topically: here's Europa Universalis IV for 10€
Or if you like, Europa Universalis IV DIGITAL EXTREME EDITION for 12€. Adds some superficial detail to muslims, it seems.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8191 on: May 16, 2014, 11:16:37 am »

Which, while less convenient than a regular old sale, is rather more interesting.

No, not really. I could be playing games instead of checking a website for sales every half hour.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8192 on: May 16, 2014, 01:13:11 pm »

Which, while less convenient than a regular old sale, is rather more interesting.

No, not really. I could be playing games instead of checking a website for sales every half hour.

And when it's a good game you'll be lucky if it lasts 5-10 minutes.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8193 on: May 16, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »

And when it's a good game you'll be lucky if it lasts 5-10 minutes.

What do they think I am, a lazy unproductive cubicle worker?

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8194 on: May 16, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »

Age of Empires only 2,99€ instead of 29,99€ in Humble Store for the next ~6 hours - awesome! :3

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #8195 on: May 16, 2014, 06:19:25 pm »

Age of Empires only 2,99€ instead of 29,99€ in Humble Store for the next ~6 hours - awesome! :3

I heard such bad things about Age of Empires 3, is it any good even on it's own merit as an RTS and not compared to AoE2?
I got nothing

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8196 on: May 16, 2014, 10:02:59 pm »

Didn't much care for AoE 3. First strike was having a campaign completely based about some crappy fantasy storyline instead of loosely historical like the previous games. They also seemed to have taken more influence from other RTS from the time and introduced mechanics like the hero system which in my opinion just distracted from the whole thing. I think it was also a mistake to set it in the colonial states instead of Europe where there would be more and varied factions.

I heard the expansion made things a bit better but I never bothered with it. Might be worth getting if it's dirt cheap but I don't think it's aged well enough to put any significant investment in it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8197 on: May 16, 2014, 11:46:22 pm »

Yeah, I never really liked the made up history angle for the campaign. The last expansion go into more historical areas (For the Eastern faction expansions one's on the Indian Rebellion of 1857 against Britain, another is based on the treasure ships of the Ming Dynasty) but I think they were a bit eh. Still more like Age of Mythology and its characters than historical.

The skirmish mode, however, is quite fun. The factions are all nicely varied with the factions added through the expansion giving quite different styles of play. I will say I never got the hang of the native American factions with their focus on numerous units against the tougher factions.

The engine still looks quite nice and the physics attached to things like cannon balls and units makes for great fun seeing your guys getting thrown around from explosions. Ships get holes blasted in them and buildings fall to pieces as they're destroyed.

The skirmish mode has this card/upgrade tree thingy attached to it. The more battles you play with a faction, the more cards you unlock to gain instant, multiple or single use abilities. Like... Japan can get a card that summons 5 Samurai units once which can be upgraded to 9 than 12. Others are boosts to your resource gathering or flat resource increases on a one off. Interesting idea but it did tend to make battles a little easy from what I remember.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8198 on: May 17, 2014, 09:50:35 am »

Really glad this was posted, got it just in time yesterday! My friends really enjoy it, they got it on a similar sale months ago.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8199 on: May 18, 2014, 03:08:15 pm »

So since this is the closest we have to a Steam thread, does anyone want a 90% off coupon for Ultratron? It should bring the price down to £0.70
So almost negligible.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8200 on: May 18, 2014, 08:15:32 pm »

So I've been eyeballing MirrorMoon EP for the past few months now, and it's five bucks today. Anyone have it, does it scratch that exploration itch or leave players disappointed?
I was curious about that too.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8201 on: May 18, 2014, 08:20:30 pm »

So I've been eyeballing MirrorMoon EP for the past few months now, and it's five bucks today. Anyone have it, does it scratch that exploration itch or leave players disappointed?
Its really fucking weird and kind of boring after about 30 minutes or so.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8202 on: May 18, 2014, 08:28:09 pm »

Its really fucking weird and kind of boring after about 30 minutes or so.
Then again, it could also be just the right kind of atmospheric game/environs that I could try out playing music over it, and it just becomes another environment to chill out in listening to tunes and just exploring for exploration's sake. Kairo, after beating it, essentially became that way for me. Not a game/environment you'd expect having your playlist playing through as you wander the game to be so therapeudic. Sure Kairo's environments may be all cement-texture all over the place with different mood lightings and creepy background noise, but chilling out inside the machine rooms while listening to Daft Punk makes the environment feel like a strange, yet awesome, nightclub spot. All that's missing are people. One room in that game reminds me of Plug.DJ, since one platform looks too much like a DJ stand, and the rest of the place looks like if you add a bar and a few chairs, it would make a pretty happening place to chill out in to some nice tunes.

Spoiler: What do you think? (click to show/hide)

Then again, I'm pretty oddball myself. Guess these kinds of games aren't for everyone. I just hope the price is worth it.

EDIT:
Just playing Daft Punk's live album Alive in there. Fits perfectly.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:45:10 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: SALES Thread - Humble Store Spring Sale!
« Reply #8203 on: May 19, 2014, 01:59:03 am »

Itnetlolor: This sounds kinda interesting actually. Never really payed attention to Kairo, but I might wanna get it someday now...

In SALE related news: There's still Ubisoft week going at GamersGate, with discounts up to 75%. Far Cry 3 Deluxe, anybody? Welp, not anymore. I know it said Ubisoft weekend but gosh, would it kill them if they put some sort of countdown timer on the deals? :P

More actual news: While it's listed under soon-to-end "Weeklong deals" section of the Steam, Guns of Icarus Online is actually on sale till 27th May. It's 75% for all editions, making "Collectors edition 4-pack" only 7€.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:31:01 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: SALES Thread - Humble Store Spring Sale!
« Reply #8204 on: May 19, 2014, 05:47:52 am »

Haven't seen this mentioned, there is a Strategy First publisher sale on steam at the moment, with between 50% - 90% off.

A number of good games in there.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 545 546 [547] 548 549 ... 1134