Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452983 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #8115 on: May 13, 2014, 04:43:32 am »

This is on sale. Art style looks a bit stupid, but swordfighting.
Anyone played it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8116 on: May 13, 2014, 04:59:15 am »

This is on sale. Art style looks a bit stupid, but swordfighting.
Anyone played it?
I played it. It's actually really quite good. It's a very strategic fighting game. Of note though, it's got basically no single player to speak of. But the community is great and there's a lot of depth to the system.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8117 on: May 13, 2014, 05:23:10 am »

Cool, good to hear. If I ever have a powerful enough computer I'll be sure to jump on it. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8118 on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:57 am »

Don't you love it when early access games never actually get finished (but they say they do)?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8119 on: May 13, 2014, 11:24:04 am »

I've read more bad than good things about Blade Symphony. It looks neat at a glance, but after reading a few reviews and actually watching some gameplay videos, it seems kind of.. shoddy.

http://steamcommunity.com//profiles/76561198022674997/recommended/225600/
Why would you play a not-recommended game for 750 hours? ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8120 on: May 13, 2014, 11:26:01 am »

Why would you play a not-recommended game for 750 hours? ???
He explained in the review he wrote.
Basically the game has a fun concept and the mechanics that are there are good, but the game is nowhere near ready for a full release. It only has one gamemode, 4 characters of which 1 is still broken, and as a result has basically no active community.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8121 on: May 13, 2014, 01:48:17 pm »

Any opinions on Spec Ops: The Line? On one hand, it looks like it could be a fun, functional FPS with a story. Me likey. And there's the Apocalypse Now reference.
On the other hand the steam page is full of buzzwords and it looks precisely the sort of game that has a nice idea and crappy execution.

Anyone played it, would you recommend?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8122 on: May 13, 2014, 01:57:40 pm »

Any opinions on Spec Ops: The Line? On one hand, it looks like it could be a fun, functional FPS with a story. Me likey. And there's the Apocalypse Now reference.
On the other hand the steam page is full of buzzwords and it looks precisely the sort of game that has a nice idea and crappy execution.

Anyone played it, would you recommend?
It is quite a nice game, and far from a generic fps when it comes to plot. Certainly worth it for one playthrough, but not more. Gameplay-wise it is extremely average, though it can get somewhat difficult in the latter parts of it. It's a game you buy for the plot, which is excellently done.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8123 on: May 13, 2014, 03:30:49 pm »

The story is excellent. Gameplay is average, but not bad.

I highly recommend it, but there's no real replayability.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8124 on: May 13, 2014, 03:33:16 pm »

I'd recommend Spec Ops the Line like I'd recommend renting that movie you didn't see last year but that everyone thought was pretty good.

So $5 to $10, no more. It's not a narrative masterpiece, but it is a little bit of a head trip, which made it good enough to play through to the end. But yea, there's zero replayability.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8125 on: May 13, 2014, 03:52:30 pm »

I'd recommend Spec Ops the Line like I'd recommend renting that movie you didn't see last year but that everyone thought was pretty good.

So $5 to $10, no more. It's not a narrative masterpiece, but it is a little bit of a head trip, which made it good enough to play through to the end. But yea, there's zero replayability.
That's a pretty accurate description.

Luckily the sale price is $7.50.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8126 on: May 13, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Binding of Isaac is .99 cents.

That's less than a cup of coffee for an amazing game. If you haven't tried it and had even the slightest interest in it, do it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8127 on: May 13, 2014, 07:35:53 pm »

What is this Binding of Isaac thing, anyway? I know there's a baby involved and a bunch of disturbing stuff happens.

Anyway, news flash: Post Master is on sale! I can't link from this computer, but it's the postal management sim you've always dreamt of! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8128 on: May 13, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

BoI's a roguelike of sorts, that's more or less robotron meets zelda mixed with mommy issues and copious religious iconography. S'pretty decent, even if the copious blood and whatnot.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8129 on: May 13, 2014, 07:44:00 pm »

Dungeons are chains of single rooms of various physical configurations (think Legend of Zelda, the first one) and variety of enemies (mostly organized around "don't get touched" damage system and progressing into a bullet-hell-lite as difficulty increases). Bosses and other sources, such as shops and (rarely) chests have items that affect you in various ways, chiefly how your tears (your shots) function but in other ways too, such as granting levitation or near-infinite bombs or keys. Many (most; nearly all) items have unlock criteria before they can be found. Some items have synergy beyond mere geometric functionality. There are some bugs and rare performance issues, chiefly because the game was programmed in flash.

Imagery is mostly based on Christianity, but can be disturbing as it is seen through the eyes of a pretty hellishly abused kid, including physical/biological aspects involved in birth.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 07:46:14 pm by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 [542] 543 544 ... 1134