Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1452105 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #6330 on: October 04, 2013, 02:05:20 pm »

Yeah, whoever's in charge of the games at Adult Swim seems to be far more competent than whoever decides what goes on TV. Super House of Dead Ninjas was quite fun.

And now I have a coupon for Foul Play. From what I hear, it's sorta like an old-school brawler along the lines of Double Dragon.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #6331 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:07 pm »

I have coupons for 90% off Two Worlds II and 50% off for Limbo.

Anyone want has trade?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: October 04, 2013, 03:06:57 pm »

Does anyone know if the Dues Ex bundle will be going on sale in the near future?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: October 04, 2013, 03:09:14 pm »

Does anyone know if the Dues Ex bundle will be going on sale in the near future?
Probably sometime around Christmas.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: October 04, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »

Bah, none of the Railroad Tycoon games appear on my Steam store. Must be regional since I am in Aussie.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: October 04, 2013, 04:42:20 pm »

I have coupons for 90% off Two Worlds II and 50% off for Limbo.

Anyone want has trade?
Might have some luck in the game trading megathread. Probably not, but who knows.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: October 04, 2013, 04:43:20 pm »

Bah, none of the Railroad Tycoon games appear on my Steam store. Must be regional since I am in Aussie.
Seems to be the case according to this website. OTTD is still the better game in my humble opinion and it has one of the craziest multiplayer experiences. Ever wanted to see a bullet train demolish a whole fleet of buses and bring a rival company to its knees? Open Transport Tycoon Mother Fucking Deluxe.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: October 04, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »

Im no time traveler or a valve employee so I can't tell when sales happen in the future. Safe to assume though to look out on halloween, thanksgiving, and christmas.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: October 04, 2013, 04:59:54 pm »

Sword of the Stars: The Pit + DLC are on sale for a total of $5. Thoughts?
What did people think of SotS:TP?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #6339 on: October 04, 2013, 05:16:25 pm »

I didn't enjoy the other lightweight graphical "roguelike" that I feel was called Dungeon someting, that everybody really seemed to like, and SotS:TP just feels like the same for me, except sci-fi instead of fantasy. If you liked that, you'll like this one, I guess.

I don't get why people get so crazy about crafting. The systems are usually just ruining ingredients until somehow you find some magical combination, or just go online and find spoilers. Nheh. I played it once, did never die, had gone down quite a few levels, and never felt the need to play again :(

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: October 04, 2013, 05:24:12 pm »

I didn't enjoy the other lightweight graphical "roguelike" that I feel was called Dungeon someting, that everybody really seemed to like, and SotS:TP just feels like the same for me, except sci-fi instead of fantasy. If you liked that, you'll like this one, I guess.

I don't get why people get so crazy about crafting. The systems are usually just ruining ingredients until somehow you find some magical combination, or just go online and find spoilers. Nheh. I played it once, did never die, had gone down quite a few levels, and never felt the need to play again :(
Dungeons of Dredmor?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: October 04, 2013, 05:35:15 pm »

Exactly. Played both, enjoyed neither. They were both too slow and too low on tactics for me. It was very rare that combat wasn't busywork with little real danger. That isn't to say more hardcore roguelikes don't have that, it's just that they make the busywork really quick to skip, and leave you to handle the interesting tactical decisions.

But I get very bored by what I feel are unnecessarily slow animations...

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: October 04, 2013, 05:49:11 pm »

unnecessarily slow animations...

This sums up the game for me, especially since the animations hold up gameplay until they are completed.  (add to that the simple combat system, i.e. 1:1 resistance to damage ratio, and I'd much rather just play dungeon crawl stone soup.)
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: October 04, 2013, 06:26:41 pm »

You can speed up or disable the animations in Dungeons of Dredmor.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: October 04, 2013, 09:36:58 pm »

Still not enough though, Lectorog. Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup has a nice handy key, 'o', if I'm not mistaken, that automatically explores the dungeon. It's really fast, so it only gets interrupted when there's a creature to fight, or an important item you might want to pick up. That's three cases.

You've found the item, in which case you analyse it and decide whether you want it, which is interesting gameplay.

You've found a creature. It's weak. Walk into it a couple of times, and done, dead.

You've found a creature. It's strong. Analyse tactics, terrain, extra items, spells, abilities that you can use that legitimately make a difference.

By contrast, in Dungeons of Dredmore of Sword of the Stars: The Pit, you spend the entire time running into everyone to kill them, except instead of it being instantaneous, you've got to wait for all the animations to finish, which makes things take up easily 5x as long. I remember being ultra annoyed at Dungeons of Dredmore because I had to walk across the map and it took FOREVER.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:38:32 pm by Anvilfolk »
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 1134