Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1464315 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4725 on: April 29, 2013, 08:11:40 pm »

I'm going to continue posting bundles that offer Steam keys until I get tired or am told external sales are inappropriate for the steam sales thread.

Build a Greenlight Bundle 2 - pick 1-9 games and pay what you want above a certain amount. Less than six hours to go.

Indie Gala Weekly - $1.82 for four games. Less than 16 hours to go.

I really don't like the new trend for indie bundles. "Pay us money and we'll give you a game when our game is greenlit." Not if. When. The selection is mostly meh games, too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:13:56 pm by Mephisto »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4726 on: April 29, 2013, 08:38:40 pm »

Yeah, there's too much very subpar stuff selling just because it's indie... I used to support most indie games on principle, but now I make a point of not supporting games that are ... well, just bad. A lot of this stuff this quality used to be freeware, back in the day, but oh well.

Nuclear Dawn is pretty nifty, if anyone's still playing. It's in the indie gala :)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: April 29, 2013, 08:50:50 pm »

The selection is mostly meh games, too

Yeah indie bundles seem to have this pattern.

IF there are any worthwhile indie games then many will sure to be bundled with the bottom of the barrel indie games that you will never buy!

Which is because they don't sell. These bundles stopped being about selling a bunch of good games people don't buy and are now finally about games you don't want to sell.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: May 01, 2013, 06:30:44 pm »

Miner Wars 2081 is at least $2.42 (went down since I checked last night) via the latest Indie Gala Weekly. Worth it? It goes for $20 on Steam.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: May 01, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »

Miner Wars 2081 is at least $2.42 (went down since I checked last night) via the latest Indie Gala Weekly. Worth it? It goes for $20 on Steam.

It's that low for a reason. There isn't much to do from what I heard. Very linear single player.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: May 04, 2013, 08:49:48 am »

All the star wars game are on promotion in Steam at the moment. I seriously recommend Jedi Academy and KOTOR 2 for those who haven't got it already.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: May 04, 2013, 09:19:10 am »

Continuing my trend of posting games that are on sale and redeemable on Steam but are not actually Steam sales, Borderlands 2 is $10 on GamersGate.

They've also got an insane number if discounted games that are redeemable on Steam.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: May 04, 2013, 12:36:55 pm »

I'm struggling with the temptation to buy KOTOR 2. On the one hand, i thought the story and gameplay were frustrating the first time i played it, and at times infuriating. On the other hand, I still liked it over all, and it might be nice to play it one a computer that can actually run the game, and my discs are long gone anyway. And on the third hand, it's still one of the few rpg's that i've ever finished...

I don't know.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: May 04, 2013, 12:41:23 pm »

It's $3.39. Just order your next 8 burgers without cheese and think of KotOR2 every time.
Alternatively, don't buy it because the company that made it won't profit. 's not like you have to buy a game like that to play it.
Middle option, play it without buying; if you enjoyed it, buy it; and if you didn't, pretend that you bought it and sold it back.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: May 04, 2013, 12:51:36 pm »

The developer of KotOR2 (Obsidian entertainment) is most certainly still around, it's just the publisher (Lucasarts) that's gone. I don't know exactly how the licensing works but I would imagine Obsidian still gets money from it.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: May 04, 2013, 12:58:12 pm »

Disney owns all of the licensing rights and Obsidian still gets profits (developers and publishers do love those steam sales). KOTOR 2 is awesome at that price and Varnish, with the Restored Content mod it added at least 5 more hours into the game and filled in lots of gaps and some more alternate endings, theres even a sub mod that adds a cutted out planet.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: May 04, 2013, 01:06:31 pm »

Man, I don't even like burgers. With or without cheese.

I bought it anyway. I'd forgotten about the restored content mod. I never got the chance to try that thing out back in the day, and that's enough to convince me to give the game another try, I guess! Maybe I'll join the dark side this time.*

*I won't. I never can, even if I want to. I get the guilt.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: May 04, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »

Continuing my trend of posting games that are on sale and redeemable on Steam but are not actually Steam sales, Borderlands 2 is $10 on GamersGate.

They've also got an insane number if discounted games that are redeemable on Steam.

Holy crap, thank you for this! I've been waiting to pick up Borderlands 2 for a long time.

e: Never mind, I forgot that gamersgate is shit and the only way to pay via card is through Paypal, and Paypal is shit and refuses to use prepaid cards.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:38:07 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: May 04, 2013, 07:00:59 pm »

Jedi Knight II was awesome too, of course.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4739 on: May 04, 2013, 10:07:00 pm »

So, Steam put Star Wars stuff on sale today...

May the Fourth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coincidence?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1135