Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1464318 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4710 on: April 21, 2013, 09:03:46 pm »

This does depend on how many pennies, obviously. The game's fun, and IMO the developers are worth supporting (compared to the previous Spore + EA debate). You may want to have played the first game, though. If it's really cheap, it might be worth grabbing, but Witcher 2 seems to go on sale pretty frequently. If the sale isn't amazing, feel free to wait.  ;)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: April 21, 2013, 09:09:22 pm »

Also, if you speak whatever language most of the novels are written in, read those first.  If not, read the ones in English.  The game was based on those.  I have no idea how good they are, but it might be worth the effort.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: April 21, 2013, 09:58:48 pm »

grab it, story wise its pretty damn good and combat is simple but still fun.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: April 22, 2013, 12:16:11 am »

Well, its 75% off, so farkit, sold.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: April 22, 2013, 12:47:04 am »

The first one actually has better animations and uses the mouse for aiming.

The second has a certain strategy element that I don't enjoy that much.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: April 28, 2013, 01:54:10 pm »

The Kohan warchest is on sale to 5 Euro, - but you may only need 'Ahrimans gift' to an amazingly 2.50 Euro.

It is the only RTS I really enjoy, as the speed it slow, but it requires you to think.
It also handles micro management very well, as the smallest unit to move is a company with support, and the AI handles them well.

In the end it is about having the economy to support the most best units, - but isn't that what the 'S' in RTS is about.  ;)

NB: Kohan 2 is IMHO not as good as the two first. The 3D graphics looks dated, and the UI graphics looks incomplete, whereas the two old 2D still look good.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: April 28, 2013, 05:01:11 pm »

Kohan 2 also limited you to certain valid city spots, which IMO didn't add anything to the game and just made maps less replayable.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: April 28, 2013, 05:02:41 pm »

It's actually quite tough to find an RTS developed recently that does the whole, resource management, build up a tech tree, kinda thing any more. There's Starcraft 2 and that's about it.

The ones with the tech trees and building up troops tend to be 4Xs now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4718 on: April 28, 2013, 05:05:57 pm »

It's actually quite tough to find an RTS developed recently that does the whole, resource management, build up a tech tree, kinda thing any more. There's Starcraft 2 and that's about it.

The ones with the tech trees and building up troops tend to be 4Xs now.
Its entirely possible to be RTS and be a 4X. Stardrive and Distant Worlds both do this quite well.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: April 28, 2013, 05:17:26 pm »

They kinda merged the genres basically.

Probably something to do with how much more complicated we can go these days. The only true-blooded RTS I can think of that will be released in the future is the next Company of Heroes.

Not that I'm complaining. I like grand strategy mixed with my RTS. I'm hoping that Paradox can collaborate with Creative Assembly and make a Total War: Crusader Kings or something hehehe.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4720 on: April 28, 2013, 05:22:43 pm »

I would so buy that.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4721 on: April 29, 2013, 07:52:21 am »

The only true-blooded RTS I can think of that will be released in the future is the next Company of Heroes.
I think what you mean to say here is that the only game which fits your specific definition of RTS is the next Company of Heroes. The only thing a game needs to qualify as an RTS is that it be real-time and involve strategy. The RTS label does not mean "Starcraft-like" or anything like that. It may mean that to YOU, but not in general.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: April 29, 2013, 09:29:30 am »

To me, an RTS needs two things:
A base that builds things, and not being turn-based strategy. Without a base to reinforce yourself with I'd consider it more of an RTT.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: April 29, 2013, 02:07:30 pm »

Sim city 4 went on sale. I wonder  if there is a way to check it sales vs similar city 5's  :D

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: April 29, 2013, 02:16:02 pm »

Sim city 4 went on sale. I wonder  if there is a way to check it sales vs similar city 5's  :D

You can get a physical copy for $13 or less.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1135