Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1464262 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4680 on: April 19, 2013, 02:44:37 pm »

If y'all are doing complaining about a game that was released several years ago, the most realistic surgery simulator ever has been released for Steam. 30% off too!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: April 19, 2013, 02:45:10 pm »

Somewhat similarly, Portal 2 is 75% off this weekend. It is worth $5 US, if you're into the sort of game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: April 19, 2013, 02:48:12 pm »

Somewhat similarly, Portal 2 is 75% off this weekend. It is worth $5 US, if you're into the sort of game.
I'll give this a +1. If you enjoy puzzles, you should really give this a shot.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: April 19, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »

Definitely worth it, five bucks for a punch of physics (well not really...) puzzles that are well done with dialog and a multiplayer mode.

It would be worth full price yet alone 75% off.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: April 19, 2013, 03:20:52 pm »

Also, if you have neither, buy the bundle and play the first game first. It's very short, but completely worth it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: April 19, 2013, 06:44:59 pm »

Steam and/or smart phones are horrible temptations. I bought AI War: Fleet Command and all of the expansions while at work. It's just so convenient.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: April 19, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »

Dishonored is slightly more than 50% off right now on GMG.
It says you'd need a steam account to play so I'm gonig to assume it gives a steam key.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: April 19, 2013, 10:43:30 pm »

Anyone who doesn't have it already is probably not going to be satisfied at $25. It's really, really not a perfect game. I've enjoyed three playthroughs, but I'm still glad I didn't buy the game.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: April 19, 2013, 11:20:20 pm »

Spoiler: Spore Derail (click to show/hide)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: April 20, 2013, 12:04:33 am »

I was a spore fanatic. In my free time, I looked up new information on spore. I can tell you, there was no indication that the old stuff was removed. The only videos differing from the 2005 ones before launch, were those of the cell phase, which gave me no impression that anything was different other then the graphics, and 1 or 2 videos of the creature phase, which did not go into detail. If they showed multiple different creatures then people might have caught on, but that's probably why there was so little content before release.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: April 20, 2013, 06:22:47 am »

I was a spore fanatic. In my free time, I looked up new information on spore. I can tell you, there was no indication that the old stuff was removed. The only videos differing from the 2005 ones before launch, were those of the cell phase, which gave me no impression that anything was different other then the graphics, and 1 or 2 videos of the creature phase, which did not go into detail. If they showed multiple different creatures then people might have caught on, but that's probably why there was so little content before release.
This. However, I just started playing Spore with my 4-yr old today, and the game is apparently really tuned to that demographic.

QED

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: April 20, 2013, 07:01:25 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

Ugh, every year it gets harder and harder to find the info for this arguement. I cannot imagine the unfathomable insanity it would be to FIND the water stage announcement.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:18:30 am by Neonivek »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: April 20, 2013, 11:17:10 am »

Here's a novel idea: How about we DON'T bring up Spore and the endless, tired arguments every six months or so? For fuck's sake, it's not even on sale anymore, making it irrelevant to the thread topic.

Here's something to get us back on track: Jagged Alliance Collector's Bundle. Looks like two games and a bunch of DLC for $29.99 American, or 25% off. Having not played this series, I'm not sure if it's a good bundle or not.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: April 20, 2013, 01:03:29 pm »

one of the "2" games is really a standalone expansion that doesn't add a ton to the game and most people think it should have been a $5 dlc. The base game is decent and the small item dlc that comes with it is nice for making the initial part of the game a bit easier. All in all, I think the base game is great for $10-20 but the rest is just filler to drive up the price. I myself yarr'd it to see if it was worth it for me and I ended up buying it after playing for 5 hours. I don't regret it, but it's not GOTY material.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: April 20, 2013, 01:26:19 pm »

Devs have completely stopped working on the games so we aren't going to see improvements and modders can't do anything except edit data tables so there is little to fix the games. honestly i got BIA for 15 bucks on sale, used rts mode and unfortunately got bored in 2 hours. There is very little way to make money and honestly wasn't much to do management-wise other than gun and run. My hopes for the new devs to give me a honest good JA with turn-base.

fakeedit: Also, if the sale has already died, please stop talking about it, i know how much Spore was a letdown but that is not the purpose of the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1135