Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1464153 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4650 on: April 18, 2013, 11:25:03 am »

It includes better graphics and better support for non-Russian locales

So... essentially... nothing and they are the exact same game.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: April 18, 2013, 12:10:11 pm »

There might be a few more updates, who knows, but it sounds like an Age of Wonders 1-2 transition. Nothing wrong with that. Genesis' gameplay is solid, and it could really use that graphics overhaul.

Anyway, AI War: Fleet Command is getting a -75% discount till April 22. If you grab the bundle (base game + first 3 expansions) plus the fourth expansion, it costs a mere total of $5.48 USD. Needless to say, I nabbed the whole package, having heard pretty good things about it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: April 18, 2013, 12:11:38 pm »

There is nothing wrong with it indeed.

Just that... well... I have absolutely no qualms with the graphics of the first game and I do not see the graphics as necessarily an upgrade.

So I can hold off on the purchase.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: April 18, 2013, 12:17:23 pm »

$5.48 for AI War in full is a ridiculous deal. If you like strategy games, anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: April 18, 2013, 12:19:17 pm »

There is nothing wrong with it indeed.

Just that... well... I have absolutely no qualms with the graphics of the first game and I do not see the graphics as necessarily an upgrade.

So I can hold off on the purchase.

Personally, I got Genesis for free when I pre-ordered the sequel. It has pretty much 1996 graphics, and the interface feels a bit clunky on a modern computer. But to each his own.

In other news, given the release of the latest expansion, Heart of Darkness, all other Victoria II stuff is 75% off. While HoD is a bit pricy at 20 dollars, the whole Vic2 collection (which includes the base game, A House Divided, all sprite packs and even Vic1 Complete) is only 10 dollars. A USA-CSA sprite pack ended up out of the bundle, but it can be purchased separately for 50 cents.

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: April 18, 2013, 01:22:02 pm »

From what i read and (played the beta a little) single player campaign get's some polishing, including things like different general land types (like desert or swamp shards) that make some small changes to gameplay on that shard as well as better overall pacing of the campaign (progress will be faster). It will include several balance changes (working in single scenarios too) although i didn't play long enough to notice them. MotBW will have also a proper save feature (with ironman mode of original genesis still avilable i think).
The core game stays exactly the same, but it's a plus in my book.

There main selling point was going to be multiplayer, but i've heard it will not be fully functional at launch. The game also will probably be buggy at launch as the last beta version was quite recent and still had a lot of bugs. So if you are fine with Genesis graphics and lack of multiplayer i would stick to genesis for the time being.
Also i believe on GOG there is 10% discount for MotBW if you have genesis already, and it would be logical for it to stay like this after release.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: April 18, 2013, 01:52:16 pm »

Some reason when I play the original I get so much White Noise playing in the background music that it hurts my head so much that I want to just throw up. I don't know why though... T_T So there is that for me... :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: April 18, 2013, 04:29:28 pm »

Some reason when I play the original I get so much White Noise playing in the background music that it hurts my head so much that I want to just throw up. I don't know why though... T_T So there is that for me... :P
I heard that turning off steam (or simmilar high cpu intensive programs, like sype etc.) and throttling down the CPU through power management may help. It's mostly fixes the lag but for som people it helped with sound stuttering too.
There is more info on power settings on snowbird's troubleshooting forum.
Some people also fixed the lag/sound problems by opening more game instances and changing some options in eador.cfg (like forcing game into 16bit).

Hope this will help somehow :)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: April 18, 2013, 06:13:47 pm »

So... Spore is for sale. How's the DRM situation with the steam version of the game?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: April 18, 2013, 06:56:14 pm »

So... Spore is for sale. How's the DRM situation with the steam version of the game?
I would assume it's the same as normal. Which is to say, surprisingly non-intrusive.
It lets you not log on; with only the drawback of not being able to use online features, IIRC.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: April 18, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »

Questions like this should generally be asked in the relevant Steam Forum instead of a third-party forum not dedicated to the game in question.

Actually, you should search that forum for your question before asking it, you will probably find your question has already been asked and answered.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: April 18, 2013, 07:42:25 pm »

-snip Snide Remark-
[/quote]Woah woah woah woah mate...
Clearly you do not realize what/who the Bay12 Community is. LET ALONE what Thread you are in...

@Graknorke
I myself have Spore and haven't had much trouble with it on its first install, don't know how it goes over multiple installs though seeing as that is one of the problems with Spores DRM... BUT!!!

Don't buy Spore...
Just don't. Even if you like the Concept. Don't...
Even if you like the idea behind it... DON'T...
Its just not worth it even at such a discounted price. Well maybe at the discounted price. I bought it at the medium discounted price last time it was on special. Still wasn't even worth that...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4662 on: April 18, 2013, 07:53:07 pm »

I've got to say, even at $4.99, it's too much. That game was a failure on many levels. Certainly not terribad, but not as fun as it should have been. It feels like an incomplete, poorly paced indie game.

As for DRM, I don't generally notice or care about those things, as long as they aren't overly intrusive or ridiculous. The 5 download limit is rather stupid, but that goes back to my first point: If you're anything like me, you probably won't enjoy it enough to install it more than once.

-snip-

If he wants to hear the opinion of a community he respects and trusts instead of the randoms that lurk the Steam Forums, let him. If everyone is seriously that upset with him asking here rather than Googling it, they'd just ignore him. It's hardly a heinous offense.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: April 18, 2013, 07:53:10 pm »

Don't buy Spore.

It's okay, but... it's just not worth it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: April 18, 2013, 08:14:27 pm »

The only reason I can see to not buy Spore at that price....is that you'll ultimately end up disappointed both with the limitations of the game and how every phase is pretty simplistic. It has a core and little else but that and graphics.

What killed it for me though? Fucking game doesn't save terraforming changes to planets worth a shit. It will save perhaps one major thing you do it, but if you carve out valleys or make mountains or turn the whole planet to lava or make islands floating out in the water...you'll come back to find the game has downsampled your work by about 90%. The only planet where terraforming truly sticks is your homeworld. Everything else it only stores enough data so worlds are functionally playable. The game will also make whatever changes it needs to, to ensure a world is playable, even if that involve invalidating 50% of the world you just did.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg concerning the game's short comings.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:16:07 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 1135