Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463830 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4440 on: March 19, 2013, 08:04:48 pm »

Oh shit Bastion for $1. GET IT GET IT GET IT.
Or (Average + $) for nifty bonuses.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: March 19, 2013, 08:07:27 pm »

Bastion isn't for everyone. I found it rather dull, and haven't completed it. Better use of $1 than many things, all the same.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:45 pm »

What?  It's on regular price for 15$.  Unless I'm missing something
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: March 19, 2013, 08:10:52 pm »

HumbleBundle

The soundtrack is worth it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: March 19, 2013, 08:10:56 pm »

Bastion is the first of the Humble Weekly Sale. Go get it. :)
You missed this.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:10 pm »

HumbleBundle

From now on I'm spending my money on those disposable credit card/whatever they are thingies.  I keep missing opportunities like this. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: March 19, 2013, 08:20:33 pm »

Make sure you have enough to cover the activation fee if it includes one if you do that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: March 19, 2013, 09:36:26 pm »

HumbleBundle

From now on I'm spending my money on those disposable credit card/whatever they are thingies.  I keep missing opportunities like this.

Those things are horrible. So much money wasted. You best bet is to turn them into amazon gift card money in one transaction and go from there.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: March 20, 2013, 04:32:14 am »

Bastion isn't for everyone. I found it rather dull, and haven't completed it. Better use of $1 than many things, all the same.

This. It's fantastic if you like repetitive gameplay and being wheezed at by a stereotype narrating exactly what you're watching your character do. For hours. Otherwise, don't bother.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:16 am »

That's being quite harsh on it.

There's a lot of weapons and abilities. The narrator is considered outstanding by many if not most people who've played, and delivers story much better than walls of text or cutscenes. Considering how short the game is, the "for hours" would be a hsndful of sessions, not MMO level repetitiveness.

All this is course largely subjective, but there's a reason it's near universally loved.

It's one dollar for a Steam key, why not bother?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: March 20, 2013, 10:20:04 am »

Bastion is an experience in storytelling. The music alone is worth beating the average.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: March 20, 2013, 10:22:00 am »

Depends on the player honestly. Are you the kind of player that is motivated by the setting and aesthetics? Bastion is a good buy. Are you the kind of player who requires a lot of variety, exploration or mechanics to get you motivated? Bastion is very much a $15 game in that regard. There's not a lot of to find, and the game is broken down into nice little compartmentalized chunks.

I enjoyed it for a solid 5 hours or so before I put it down. Haven't felt motivated to ever finish it. At $1, it's hard to say it's not worth it. For the music I agree, it's worth it. Whether or not you'll like the narrator or the gameplay, it's kind of a toss up.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: March 20, 2013, 02:05:24 pm »

There's lots of weapons but limited upgrade potential (that I saw, didn't get more than a few hours in) which led me to just find the two weapons I liked and stick with them. I never felt much impetus to change up my weapon setup, since every map is mostly endless streams of non-threatening trash.

The narrator grated on my nerves after about 15 minutes, for two main reasons.

a) It's a massive infodump portrayed with purple prose. "The Kid picked up a Shooter gun, from the famous Shooter Shooty McGee. Man, Shooty McGee was one of the best shooters around. He shot stuff real good with the rest of the shooters." a.k.a. "Revolver get!"

b) Narractor McJazzman feels the need to tell you what you're doing, as you do it, all the time. Get attacked? Narrator. Train's slowing down, sparks are flying off it, enemies are attacking it? Narrator has to tell you all that stuff. Switch weapons? Thank god someone told me I switched weapons. This added nothing but background noise and could have been skipped entirely.

There were a few good parts, but picking out the relevant stuff amid the background fluff desensitized me quickly. They would have been better off cutting the narration in half, making more engaging gameplay, and not encrypting all the background lore in purple prose.

The art was vibrant, which was a good change, and the music was pretty good (but so was Mass Effect 3's, and look what it got). I regret buying any game I can't make myself at least finish once, so... I do regret buying Bastion.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: March 20, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »

Bastion is very much a $15 game in that regard.
Do you mean this as a compliment or an insult? You're in the Steam Sales thread, mind, so 'twould go to the former.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: March 20, 2013, 02:43:07 pm »

The art was vibrant, which was a good change, and the music was pretty good (but so was Mass Effect 3's, and look what it got). I regret buying any game I can't make myself at least finish once, so... I do regret buying Bastion.
Well, for those .80 cents... it was okay. But I won't finish it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1135