Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463727 times)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4365 on: February 19, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »

It's a good sandbox. Lots of building materials, as well as ragdolls with a lot of manipulation options for posing. Source Engine is fun to mess with. I've spent as much time offline as online - though, admittedly, that's not much. I'd say it's worth its current price at least, unless you don't like sandbox games.

Also being able to download mods is pretty important.
The game comes with a lot of things. And if he can download the game he can probably download mods.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: March 01, 2013, 06:06:10 pm »

So, the Natural Selection 2 gorgeous update is out, a lot of improvements, new map, and some additions. I'm liking it a lot, so far.

It's 50% off on Steam for 48 more hours. I highly recommend it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: March 01, 2013, 06:27:37 pm »

Urg.  If I wasn't so swamped with fun games to play already I'd probably go for it.  I'll think about it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: March 02, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »

I just love games where updates are frequent and free. NS2 is my new TF2.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: March 02, 2013, 04:23:30 pm »

So, in the All specials list I see both Space Empires V, and IV Deluxe. Both are under $5. (theres also a pack with both for $5) Which one would you guys reccomend?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4370 on: March 02, 2013, 05:09:08 pm »

I preferred IV for the most part, but there were parts of V that were better as well as parts that were worse. I'd grab the pack of both if you have the funds.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: March 02, 2013, 05:24:18 pm »

I got SE5, and it seems sooooo similar to Aurora. But with a better interface. Can't wait to get into it.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: March 02, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »

SE5 has been reported to have issues running on certain version of Windows according to their forum.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: March 02, 2013, 06:08:41 pm »

SE5 has been reported to have issues running on certain version of Windows according to their forum.
Is it XP or 7?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: March 02, 2013, 06:31:16 pm »

Space Empires 5 didn't run at all on my version of windows (7), the last time I checked, but it's been a year or so since I tried it.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: March 02, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »

I like SE4, but I haven't played SE5 since near the time it came out so there MAY be mods that made it a lot better.  There are some really good mods for 4, some still being worked on, on an 11+ year old game...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: March 02, 2013, 08:51:31 pm »

I have it running on my Win 7 x64 and it ran on my xp x64 machine. It's not a Steam version.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: March 02, 2013, 09:01:13 pm »

Personally, I like Star Ruler better than both SEIV and SEV.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:38 pm »

Personally, I like Star Ruler better than both SEIV and SEV.

They are quite different from each other. Turn base and real time make for very different playtime.

There's a *inserttorrenthere* floating around that works on Win 7. Try that. You bought a copy, right? Make the damn thing work for you.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #4379 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:13 pm »

I'm a big SE IV fan, and a moderate SE V fan. I do think SE V adds quite a lot to the series, but in some ways the added complexity of certain UIs and game mechanics kinda competes with the game for my attention. If that makes sense? Sometimes I find myself spending more time focusing on just getting something done, through the interface, than actually planning to do it (which I consider part of the gameplay).

Both are great games though, but as has been noted, I had issues with SE V on my version of Windows, running through Steam (Windows 7 64bit)
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 1135