Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463678 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4335 on: February 01, 2013, 09:37:38 am »

Right, I'm new to this "Steam" business and having picked up Skyrim for $30 I see that these sales are pretty darn important for getting stuff cheap. 

I want to ask the oldtimers if Fallout: New Vegas and Sword of the Stars 2 have been on sale recently, and so whether I should wait for a sale or just get them....?

Also how about Dragonborn DLC... likely to go on sale around/after release, or not for a while?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: February 01, 2013, 09:50:43 am »

Right, I'm new to this "Steam" business and having picked up Skyrim for $30 I see that these sales are pretty darn important for getting stuff cheap. 

I want to ask the oldtimers if Fallout: New Vegas and Sword of the Stars 2 have been on sale recently, and so whether I should wait for a sale or just get them....?

Also how about Dragonborn DLC... likely to go on sale around/after release, or not for a while?

The whole Fallout (3d) franchise is often on sale, you just have to wait the right moment. It's 75% off at least 5 times every year.

I don't expect anything Skyrim related to go cheap for a few years at least. I don't intend to buy it on steam until it is 75% off at least, or has a huge price drop from $60 or whatever.

EDIT: this looks useful. Don't understand the history chart perfectly but maybe you can.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:54:54 am by Sergius »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: February 01, 2013, 09:55:18 am »

Sword of the Stars II was just on sale a few weeks ago, but I figure unless it's a must have right now game for you, always wait for a sale. And ya, major franchise releases tend to take a while before they go on sale for any appreciable amount, so it'll be a while until you can get Dragonborn on sale (hearthfire was on sale this christmas however). If in doubt, know that Steam has about 3-4 mega-sales each year (about one a season usually) where pretty much anything that has/can be on sale, will be. They're great, really.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: February 01, 2013, 10:00:44 am »

Thanks for the replies, guys.  That Steamprices site looks pretty useful!  Guess I'll have to exercise a lot of restraint and keep my eyes peeled...   :o
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: February 01, 2013, 12:32:25 pm »

Thanks for the replies, guys.  That Steamprices site looks pretty useful!  Guess I'll have to exercise a lot of restraint and keep my eyes peeled...   :o

Then you blow all the restraint on a big sale. I think I bought approx. 11 games during the winter sale, and for so little! It's so hard to resist all those sales, beautiful, beautiful sales. Steam may have made me a shoppoholic (armchair shopping with near instant gratification? Yes please!)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: February 01, 2013, 12:47:55 pm »

It's easy to resist when you own all the games. :P

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: February 01, 2013, 03:27:33 pm »

Wizardry Online seems to be region locked on top of everything.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:28 pm »

I can't even get to it's steam page.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »

I can't even get to it's steam page.

It was pulled very very quickly.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: February 01, 2013, 07:44:23 pm »

It suffers a permadeath of its own??
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: February 01, 2013, 07:49:12 pm »

They're fixing the server problem. They couldn't handle the traffic generated by Steam.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: February 01, 2013, 07:52:17 pm »

They're fixing the server problem. They couldn't handle the traffic generated by Steam.
Isn't this the exact same reason Path of Exile is specifically not on steam right now?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: February 01, 2013, 08:23:02 pm »

There's a big difference with a closed beta with select individuals and a open beta on the biggest online distributor.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: February 01, 2013, 08:54:52 pm »

There's a big difference with a closed beta with select individuals and a open beta on the biggest online distributor.
Except both are in open beta. Its just one went on steam and got flooded pretty predictably.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: February 01, 2013, 11:34:38 pm »

Path of Exile had been in closed beta for long before going open beta and had built large following since the start.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 1135