Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463644 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4305 on: January 21, 2013, 02:18:04 am »

The Arks. What else acts like a mothership? They have upgrades but they reside on the Ubi server. No DRM, no server, no Ark upgrades.

I've never played the game, so I wouldn't know if there were something else that acted like a mothership, thus the question.  ;)
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: January 21, 2013, 10:58:04 am »

The Arks. What else acts like a mothership? They have upgrades but they reside on the Ubi server. No DRM, no server, no Ark upgrades.

Don't get me wrong here, that's bullshit and all. But it's pretty clever, I'll give them credit where it's due.

The only reason this works is that apparently pirates can't be arsed to find a workaround. Like some sort of localhost "emulator", but I guess the returns don't justify the effort (game works fine without it, upgrades are basically "easy mode").
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:59:37 am by Sergius »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: January 21, 2013, 11:50:26 am »

Don't get me wrong here, that's bullshit and all. But it's pretty clever, I'll give them credit where it's due.

The only reason this works is that apparently pirates can't be arsed to find a workaround. Like some sort of localhost "emulator", but I guess the returns don't justify the effort (game works fine without it, upgrades are basically "easy mode").

The Anno series isn't much of a game anymore. They've dumbed it down so much you might as well play everything before 1701. 1602 and 1503 had a populace that required more than just booze and plump helmets.

To be fair, this was the last game Ubisoft decided to use their batshit insane DRM policies now. They've switched to more rational ones now (if any). Better late then never.
They also haven't done anything to get rid of the 2070 servers and put the full game on the users computer. Once those go down you're screwed.

WARLOCK IS ON SALE at Gamersgate. Steam codes. About $10 US for base game + DLC.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:18:15 pm by BigD145 »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: January 21, 2013, 12:18:16 pm »

Not sure if it's supposed to go here, but Paradox just opened their own shop here: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/shop and a lot of stuff is 50% off.

Also, if you have a Paradox forum account, check your email because you have a free copy of EU3: Chronicles in your inbox from them.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: January 21, 2013, 12:36:07 pm »

Well if the purchase includes a Steam code, then I'd say yes :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: January 21, 2013, 12:38:42 pm »

Well if the purchase includes a Steam code, then I'd say yes :)
Yeah, all of them are Steam based.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: January 21, 2013, 12:41:43 pm »

Also, if you have a Paradox forum account, check your email because you have a free copy of EU3: Chronicles in your inbox from them.
Aw, sweet. Thanks for telling us, I was gonna delete that email. :D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: January 21, 2013, 05:29:51 pm »

Aw, sweet. Thanks for telling us, I was gonna delete that email. :D
Always skim the paradox newsletters. You might find something awesome, Like a free EU3: Chronicles copy ;)
Even if you don't, they aren't very long.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: January 22, 2013, 05:09:52 pm »

Terraria is 75% off today, putting it at 2.49 USD. It's a pretty popular game, but there are probably better ones like it out there for specific people.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: January 22, 2013, 05:18:26 pm »

Posting to watch.
I have no opinion on current sales, because I already own Terraria.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4315 on: January 23, 2013, 09:02:45 am »

By the way, there's a bunch of Steam unlockable games over at http://www.bundlestars.com/

Worth it for Stellar Impact alone, especially if you like MOBA games. Not sure about the rest!

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4316 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:42 am »

Since we're throwing in good deals, here, Lego: LotR is on sale on Steam for half off ($14.99). On Gamestop, though, it's only $9.99. Unfortunately, it's States only.

I've decided to start collecting games for my future, probably-won't-even-be-born-for-years kids, and the Lego series is fun even for me as an adult.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: January 23, 2013, 11:51:26 am »

Since we're throwing in good deals, here, Lego: LotR is on sale on Steam for half off ($14.99). On Gamestop, though, it's only $9.99. Unfortunately, it's States only.

I've decided to start collecting games for my future, probably-won't-even-be-born-for-years kids, and the Lego series is fun even for me as an adult.

Just buy some Lego's. They'll be playing with them earlier and they are still fun for adults.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4318 on: January 23, 2013, 02:18:52 pm »

I've got a box of them so large that I'm not sure I'll be able to take it with me when I move.

Plus, video games are cheaper, even if they weren't on sale. :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: January 23, 2013, 02:38:57 pm »

I've got a box of them so large that I'm not sure I'll be able to take it with me when I move.

Plus, video games are cheaper, even if they weren't on sale. :P

Ah, I see. You don't love your nonexistent kids enough to spend a little extra. I get it.

All 5 episodes of The Walking Dead are $12.48 with Steam key at Gamersgate. Ends in 12 hours. It's 11:40 Pacific right now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:41:22 pm by BigD145 »
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1135