Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463537 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4245 on: December 07, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »

Hey Guys...
Is there a way to add Money to someone else Steamwallet?
I have a friend who I owe some cash to via the internet and he doesn't know what he wants on steam yet so I am just giving him the cash. I could give it via Paypal and prob will but is there a way to put money into someone elses Steamwallet???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4246 on: December 07, 2012, 01:10:40 pm »

Hey Guys...
Is there a way to add Money to someone else Steamwallet?
I have a friend who I owe some cash to via the internet and he doesn't know what he wants on steam yet so I am just giving him the cash. I could give it via Paypal and prob will but is there a way to put money into someone elses Steamwallet???

No, you can't add money to someone else's wallet directly. There are steam wallet gift cards available(possibly only in the US) but otherwise the only way is to give them the money some other way like paypal and have them put it on themselves.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: December 07, 2012, 04:16:14 pm »

I doubt that they'll ever allow people to transfer money between steam wallets. They already have a massive problem with idiots getting scammed. Imagine the outcry when someone loses all the money they had in their unsecured account.
There's also a whole bunch of legal crap they'd have to deal with, In theory you could launder money using a steam wallet if you can move money to other accounts and withdraw it. 

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: December 07, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »

Chase bank started offering electronic transfers for free but someone (either party) needs to have a Chase account to do it... and of course they log it, are a bank, and follow all the laws and restrictions for doing such a thing.

Steam would have to deal with exchange rates and would get into all those same laws and restrictions... it's easier to just not allow money transfers.  They gave me a hard time when I bought the Russian version of the Borderlands 2: Season Pass stating I could not exchange it for a US version at first.  Eventually I must have explained the situation well enough (I honestly have no idea how I even got the Russian version) that they eventually exchanged it for me.  I assume they have internal policies like that to avoid people doing electronic wire transfers and other tricks by returning/exchanging gift games.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4249 on: December 11, 2012, 08:05:59 am »

So I have a few spare steam keys. First come first served. Please only ask for the key if you intend to play the game. One game per person.

I have:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
Titan Quest
Saints Row: The Third

All gone
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 08:44:06 am by forsaken1111 »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: December 11, 2012, 08:15:43 am »

Honestly the only game that I cared about that I didn't have yet in the THQ bundle is Warhammer 40k, so I'd be glad if you could send one to me please, thanks!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4251 on: December 11, 2012, 08:27:59 am »

Honestly the only game that I cared about that I didn't have yet in the THQ bundle is Warhammer 40k, so I'd be glad if you could send one to me please, thanks!
PM me your steam name.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: December 11, 2012, 08:38:20 am »

I'd happily take a key for Saint's Row the 3rd.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: December 11, 2012, 08:42:12 am »

Titan Quest would be nice to have :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4254 on: December 11, 2012, 08:44:49 am »

Dutchling, PM me your steam name.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: December 11, 2012, 08:49:49 am »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: December 11, 2012, 11:58:15 am »

There's a Metro 2033 giveaway by THQ on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/THQDemos?sk=app_395840630491782

Just like it and some other stuff (not too sure, didn't try it since I have the game from the Bundle) and you get a Steam key for the game. It's confirmed to work, also rumors about DoW giveaway/s :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: December 11, 2012, 12:38:42 pm »

There's a Metro 2033 giveaway by THQ on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/THQDemos?sk=app_395840630491782

Just like it and some other stuff (not too sure, didn't try it since I have the game from the Bundle) and you get a Steam key for the game. It's confirmed to work, also rumors about DoW giveaway/s :D

A DoW giveaway would be great. Got the goty edition with the bundle, but without dark crusade or soulstorm, I'm unable to play with my friend who just has soulstorm.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: December 11, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »

A DoW giveaway would be great. Got the goty edition with the bundle, but without dark crusade or soulstorm, I'm unable to play with my friend who just has soulstorm.

I remember playing it with a friend with just a cd of Dow, and a cd of Dark crusade. We both installed complete games (Dow + dark), and then, I played with the Dow cd, while he played with the Dc cd, and we played in Lan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: December 11, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »

I remember playing it with a friend with just a cd of Dow, and a cd of Dark crusade. We both installed complete games (Dow + dark), and then, I played with the Dow cd, while he played with the Dc cd, and we played in Lan.

Heh, my brother and I used to do this with Age of Empires 1 and it's Roman Empire expansion.  If I recall correctly, buildings didn't even have queues for unit construction until the expansion was installed, but you could launch the expanded game with either disk. 

In fact I got the AOE2 expansion for a birthday without having AoE2 itself, and traded my expansion disk to a friend for his AOE2 disk.  I think I wasn't able to launch the new campaigns, but we certainly played multiplayer.

And for LAN parties you could just remove the disk after joining the lobby.  I bet they did that on purpose, it was basically like Starcraft 1's "Spawn" mode which allowed joining LAN games without the disk (the host still needed the disk).  Needing only one disk for a LAN party was very nice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1135