Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463405 times)

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4110 on: November 21, 2012, 04:49:17 pm »

I like Endless Space, and they seem to be adding stuff still - they added a new race a little while ago, for free, in a patch.

There are a couple of things I want: one, the ability to make custom races for the AIs to play (in case I want to adjust the challenge and/or not go up against three different United Empires in one game), and two, this is cosmetic, but I think they really need to put in some sort of ending movies/slideshows, because right now when you beat a game it's super anticlimactic.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 21, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »

Endless Space just made me want to play Gal Civ 2.

I liked some of the gameplay mechanics but it felt small and simple compared to other 4X and galaxy-based 4X games. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm kind of bad at it. I have a hard time keeping ahead of the AIs in tech even when playing on below-average difficulty settings; I'm way out of practice on 4X.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 21, 2012, 05:32:20 pm »

Endless Space just made me want to play Gal Civ 2.

I liked some of the gameplay mechanics but it felt small and simple compared to other 4X and galaxy-based 4X games. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm kind of bad at it. I have a hard time keeping ahead of the AIs in tech even when playing on below-average difficulty settings; I'm way out of practice on 4X.
Aw crap, you mentioned GalCiv 2. To this day I still do not understand the hate directed towards it, but it exists and seems quite strong here.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: November 21, 2012, 05:36:12 pm »

Its attempt at humour is probably a part of it. The tech blurbs irk me - I'd certainly prefer the tech blurbs took themselves more seriously - but it never got to me so bad that I stopped playing. The late-game penny pushing of dozens or hundreds of fleets gets tiresome too, but most late game 4X have that problem.

Shrug.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: November 21, 2012, 05:44:36 pm »

I liked the tech blurbs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: November 21, 2012, 05:46:11 pm »

I liked the tech blurbs.
Same here. Tech blurbs, diplomatic chatter, background information. It all had an undercurrent of humor.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 21, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »

I liked the tech blurbs.
Same here. Tech blurbs, diplomatic chatter, background information. It all had an undercurrent of humor.

Galactic Civ II is an odd one for me. I really enjoyed it for a few months, got sick of it, and haven't been able to get into it again. I have no idea why.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 21, 2012, 06:20:22 pm »

Also, while we're on the topic of GlaCiv II: Kryo's Hull System Mod. Best thing ever for customizing ships in that game, since it gave you everything and a half compared to the unmodified ship editor (Still had to unlock the weapon/engines/other tech yourself though, didn't give you those)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #4118 on: November 21, 2012, 06:22:59 pm »

Quick people well versed in steam sales, would you say that it's possible skyrim will be getting a bigger discount then 33%, whether during this sale or the winter sale?

I don't usually pay a whole ton of attention to sales, so I dunno what the trends are. Or if there's even a way of safely saying so. Although if I recall big name games by big name companies like bethesda usually don't get very good sales? So I'm not sure if this is a really good deal or if I should hold out for better.

Thanks in advance! Even if there's no way to know.  :P

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: November 21, 2012, 06:31:19 pm »

Quick people well versed in steam sales, would you say that it's possible skyrim will be getting a bigger discount then 33%, whether during this sale or the winter sale?

I think its pretty likely.  I think I got it for half price during the last big sale, so it should go at least that low.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: November 21, 2012, 06:34:22 pm »

Right now the Civilization 4 set is at 50% off. Anyone think it will get better?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: November 21, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »

Right now the Civilization 4 set is at 50% off. Anyone think it will get better?

In an Amazon sale, probably.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: November 21, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »

Holy shit if Zeno Clash is still a dollar then it's an absolute steal!  I've played so many hours of it, it's a very effective "arcade" game useful for letting off steam and feeling badass.  Plus the main mode has this really really strange story with an unusual art style and a unique setting.

But mainly I climb the "tower" now, punching my way through its arena, since I completed the story... 3 times?  4?  Yeah I recommend it highly.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: November 21, 2012, 06:48:26 pm »

Civ4 is pretty old. Not sure if this is batch is one of the "major" sales like the Summer sale (the inevitable Christmas sale would come pretty close on the end of this), but I'd expect it hit to 75% off along with all DLC (Beyond the Sword mostly. Warlords wasn't too big of a deal.)

Unless you meant Civ5. I'd kind of expect that to hit 75% too.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: November 21, 2012, 06:51:04 pm »

I think its pretty likely.  I think I got it for half price during the last big sale, so it should go at least that low.
I also think it should go down, to 50% off.
If you have an Xbox or PS3 you can get it through Amazon tomorrow morning for $25.
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 1135