Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463347 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4095 on: November 21, 2012, 02:40:19 pm »

So KoTOR II is on sale for $2.49. Worth it?
This is a tough question to answer.

The mod that came out that purportedly fixes a lot of the problems still leaves the biggest problem of all with the game there. That is, regardless of the great plot. Awesome characters. Fantastic dialogue. Etc. etc.

The ending is still utter rushed garbage.

So it depends on you. If you're like me and want to shoot people when something you love has a terrible ending, then for the love of god skip it. If you like the journey more than the destination, then it's really good.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: November 21, 2012, 02:44:17 pm »

Is the ending worse than Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit? Because I enjoyed most of plot from that one and loathed the ending, but I didn't have any urges to shoot people.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: November 21, 2012, 02:44:46 pm »

What did that mod fix, anyway? Haven't really heard much about it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: November 21, 2012, 02:55:40 pm »

Is the ending worse than Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit? Because I enjoyed most of plot from that one and loathed the ending, but I didn't have any urges to shoot people.
I guess the easiest way to explain it would be like imagining if the game was the Mass Effect series. But when you finished ME2, it immediately skips to the very final scene in ME3 and ends right after that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: November 21, 2012, 02:57:25 pm »

I haven't played ME3 yet and have been avoiding spoilers like the plague, so SHUSH :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: November 21, 2012, 02:58:48 pm »

I haven't played ME3 yet and have been avoiding spoilers like the plague, so SHUSH :P
Well thats your fault for breaking the analogy then :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: November 21, 2012, 03:00:59 pm »

Steam Sale on my Birthday...most likely I will be wasting the dosh I get from it.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4102 on: November 21, 2012, 03:14:36 pm »

Edit: CHivalry: Medieval Warfare is 33% off. Should I wait or do you guys think its not going to get much cheaper?

It's a pretty awesome game once you get used to the melee combat. I'd say it's worth the full price, but I doubt there are going to be any sales better than 33% until next year.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: November 21, 2012, 03:20:04 pm »

Edit: CHivalry: Medieval Warfare is 33% off. Should I wait or do you guys think its not going to get much cheaper?

It's a pretty awesome game once you get used to the melee combat. I'd say it's worth the full price, but I doubt there are going to be any sales better than 33% until next year.
Huh. Disappointing. I really want Chivalry, but I do have a cap on how much I'm spending.
Nope, only $16.74. Realllyyy tempting. I imagine the community is really booming right now, especially with all the YouTubers like Totalbiscuit doing videos of Chivalry.

I'm considering picking up Endless Space, too. I do enjoy a small bit of RTS and 4x, and I'm wondering what everyone's opinions on it are.
Also often called Boowells.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: November 21, 2012, 03:23:04 pm »

Seriously tempting, it is.

Endless Space is decent. Not the best, not the worst, but pretty good. Lots of stats.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: November 21, 2012, 03:23:15 pm »

I enjoy Endless Space, personally. Nice visuals and the mechanics are pretty nice. It DOES take some getting used to, however.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4106 on: November 21, 2012, 03:42:26 pm »

Endless Space is a very streamlined 4X, which can be good or bad depending on what you like about 4X's. I dislike superduper micromanagement, so streamlining is good. Ship combat gets a little annoying for me though, since you have to wait for phases to go off. There should be an option to turn that off during SP games.

I've done a few playthroughs of it... overall I feel it is a very good addition to the genre :)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: November 21, 2012, 03:55:24 pm »

Endless Space is a very streamlined 4X, which can be good or bad depending on what you like about 4X's. I dislike superduper micromanagement, so streamlining is good. Ship combat gets a little annoying for me though, since you have to wait for phases to go off. There should be an option to turn that off during SP games.

I've done a few playthroughs of it... overall I feel it is a very good addition to the genre :)

I dislike micromanagement as well (partly the reason why I don't play much Starcraft and why I finished my most recent Civilzation V game with a Science Victory), so I might get both Endless Space and Chivalry later. Right now, I have Intrusion 2, Cortex Command, and To The Moon in my Steam cart, which'll be good for now.
Also often called Boowells.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: November 21, 2012, 04:17:41 pm »

Ghost Master for under a dollar. I heard it's funny. Too bad I already bought it for more than that, but not much more.

EDIT: Also, Zeno Punch for 0.99.

Sorry, I meant Zeno Clash.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:48:45 pm by Sergius »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: November 21, 2012, 04:28:55 pm »

Fuck you Steam, I love you.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1135