Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463357 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #4080 on: November 16, 2012, 02:34:55 pm »

Wahaaaaaaaaaaaaay too DLC though.

Just cosmetic stuff as far as I know.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4081 on: November 16, 2012, 07:52:12 pm »

Jet Set Radio: $4.99 (50%)
$3.75 with the coupon GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S. It's a 25% off coupon and should work on other titles. 

GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7 is 35% off Borderlands 2, XCOM and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in case you're interested. They should all be Steamworks titles.

how does this code work? I have no idea how to use a coupon code for steam. It looks like a code that is used under add game on the bottom left corner of the screen, but it does not accept it.

Oh, I completely got tricked by this. Its not steam at all.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:58:53 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: November 17, 2012, 09:01:32 am »

I tried Awesomenauts.

No.

It's technically a moba but not really.  More like an agonizingly slow side-scrolling Monday Night Combat.  The characters have two abilities each, with long cooldowns.  When you start the game you only have access to two guys, and there are fifteen total.
Shoes...

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:18 am »

I'm really loving Awesomenauts, played it for a few rounds then bought it. I have no idea what Cthulhu is talking about when he says it's slow paced, the skill recharges are really fast, ranging from a couple seconds to maybe 20 at most, and while you only start with 2 characters you quickly unlock more, I have all of them unlocked after only 6 hours of playing. It's a free weekend and only 600 megabytes, so you're not losing anything if you don't like it.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:53 pm »

I tried Awesomenauts.

No.

It's technically a moba but not really.  More like an agonizingly slow side-scrolling Monday Night Combat.  The characters have two abilities each, with long cooldowns.  When you start the game you only have access to two guys, and there are fifteen total.
What game are you playing? It certainly isn't Awesomenauts. It's not slow, unless both teams are doing something horribly wrong. It's not like MNC. The cooldowns aren't long to begin with, and can be upgraded to be shorter. You get access to 3 Awesomenauts initially, and level up enough to play all of them quickly. There's a total of 11 Awesomenauts to unlock, and more being added for free. It's a fun spin on MOBAs, so you're actually right on that first count.

Wahaaaaaaaaaaaaay too DLC though.
If you actually looked at the DLC instead of just assuming it's horrible, you'd see that it's completely cosmetic.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: November 20, 2012, 04:12:19 pm »

How is Fallen Earth?
Downloading it as Free To Play,
but I'd like to know more about it so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #4086 on: November 20, 2012, 05:10:47 pm »

It's alright. It's been a while since I played it, but I don't imagine too much has changed.

I enjoyed the crafting system, even though 90% of the stuff you can make is fairly useless. They connected crafting and combat skills, so you can be good at combat at the cost of being good at crafting, meaning you have to deal with the wonky trading system. If you realize that your build isn't optimal at some point, the only way to reset your points is to pay real cash or be lucky enough to find someone willing to sell the respec item for in-game currency.

PvP is ruined by tiny arenas, certain builds being very powerful, and an unbearable amount of lag. PvE gets pretty boring once you realize that it's mostly a choice of grinding monsters or people. Combat in general is very floaty and unsatisfying.

Crafting is still pretty fun, though. It was the only part of the game that stood out as consistently fun for me.

Mileage may vary, of course, and some things may have changed. I lost interest in it after about a month of playing it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: November 21, 2012, 01:15:47 pm »

So begins a new season of sales!
 Looks like the only special feature this time are the flash sales. Awww, I wanted to fight for more coal...

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: November 21, 2012, 01:37:32 pm »

Woo sales!  I picked up Cargo Commander for 2.50.  :D  I'll take a closer look later.

Also, http://www.steamgamesales.com/ makes it a bit easier to browse for deals.  A lot of stuff is on sale for 75% that isn't listed easily on the steam store.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: November 21, 2012, 01:43:13 pm »

1: CS+ adds remixed music and updated sprites for everything, though you can keep the original versions if you want. There are also challenge maps and Curly's Story (which, to be honest, is almost exactly the same).

2: It really is. It goes from fairly generic shooter to HOLY CRAP I'M RIDING A GIANT WOLF to OMG I'M SLEDDING DOWN A MOUNTAIN WHILST SHOOTING AT GIANT ROBOSNAKES DEPLOYED FROM ORBIT to [spoilers].
It's pretty short, but at such a good deal that doesn't matter as much.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: November 21, 2012, 01:44:28 pm »

So begins a new season of sales!
 Looks like the only special feature this time are the flash sales. Awww, I wanted to fight for more coal...

Fear not my friend, Steam wouldn't make so much money if they didn't hold a bigass sale every 2 months or so! Last year the 'coal sale' was the Xmas/New Year Sale, and without doubt there will be a Steam sale then this year, with nonzero probability of coal or other funstuff.

I played Introversion 1, the flash one an frankly didn't like it too much, even though I like Cortex Command.

Also, kudos to Levi, that site is useful!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #4091 on: November 21, 2012, 01:54:24 pm »

Limbo is on sale for 2.49.

That is close to best 2.49 you can spend.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: November 21, 2012, 02:00:43 pm »

Looking at Cave Story and Intrusion 2.

1. How much does CS+ add over the free vers?
Bigger sprites, new music, an options menu to switch between the two setting for both graphic and music, and an alternate translation that while good, completely screwed up balrog. THeres a mod available for the Aeon Genesis translation (Huzzah!) instead  last time I checked.

Edit: CHivalry: Medieval Warfare is 33% off. Should I wait or do you guys think its not going to get much cheaper?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:23:21 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4093 on: November 21, 2012, 02:33:46 pm »

Also, http://www.steamgamesales.com/ makes it a bit easier to browse for deals.  A lot of stuff is on sale for 75% that isn't listed easily on the steam store.

The one thing I want from a site like this, would be the ability to exclude DLC from the listing, as it is a total pain trying to sort through to find the actual games.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: November 21, 2012, 02:36:15 pm »

So KoTOR II is on sale for $2.49. Worth it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 1135