Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463238 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3945 on: September 27, 2012, 03:21:15 pm »

I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: September 27, 2012, 03:24:34 pm »

Do the Total War games still have SecruROM in them? I vaguly remember Gamer's Gate having a warning about SecuROM on some of the TW games.
EDIT: I think I'll pick up Rome even if it does. 1 dollar is a steal and I was oddly just looking at Europa Barbarorum today.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:33:08 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3947 on: September 27, 2012, 04:41:37 pm »

So what made Rome Total War that good, say, compared to Medieval 2 Total War? The mechanics appear to be exactly the same for all of the series, so I'm wondering whether I should bother or just fire up M2TW if I ever feel like playing a TW game.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: September 27, 2012, 06:18:21 pm »

So what made Rome Total War that good, say, compared to Medieval 2 Total War? The mechanics appear to be exactly the same for all of the series, so I'm wondering whether I should bother or just fire up M2TW if I ever feel like playing a TW game.

Greater unit variety, which gives the various factions a greater individuality than in M2TW.  You get different military theories fighting each other, i.e. Phalanxes vs flexible roman formations vs parthian cataphracts, where in M2TW you have essentially the same theories, with each factions having bonuses to different unit types.  (Horse archery is about the most exotic M2TW gets with playstyle.)

Both are great Total War games.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: September 28, 2012, 01:11:18 am »

Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit windows?

64-bit

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: September 28, 2012, 04:31:19 am »

Greater unit variety, which gives the various factions a greater individuality than in M2TW.  You get different military theories fighting each other, i.e. Phalanxes vs flexible roman formations vs parthian cataphracts, where in M2TW you have essentially the same theories, with each factions having bonuses to different unit types.  (Horse archery is about the most exotic M2TW gets with playstyle.)

Thanks! I think I'll skip it then :)

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: September 28, 2012, 11:13:26 am »

Thanks! I think I'll skip it then :)
You're making a huge mistake; buy it. It's the best starting point for a newcomer to the series, and it's smart risk management to see if you like a 1 dollar game that represents the series every bit as well as Medieval rather than get a more expensive title. RTW also has greater balance and selection of mods.

If you miss out on this amazing deal, you'll be kicking yourself in the head once you're tired of MTW.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: September 28, 2012, 11:16:16 am »

I'm pretty much tired of the entire TW series. It's the same game over and over, as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I am much more into the Middle-Ages than I am into the Classical age, so... I'd get it if it provided a significantly different experience, but I'm trying to play LESS games ;)

Thanks for the interest though! :)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: September 28, 2012, 12:22:06 pm »

Units wise id say rome and barb invasion are the best total war games made (War dogs!! Elephants! Pigs you can set on freaking Fire! Dudes who throw heads!)  The tactical battle side of it I think is actually a significantly different game than many other TW games, Your standard H Cav charge that will roll 90% of stuff in MTW2 will be absolutely smashed if you try it in rome against the greeks. Ive felt fairly let down with the more recent total war games in that sense, specially shogun.

Also, its $1
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: September 28, 2012, 12:40:35 pm »

I need to play less games though, instead of finding excuses to buy more games :) I play far too much already instead of doing other, more productive stuff that I really want to do.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: September 28, 2012, 03:09:13 pm »

You don't have to play it right now, just grab it while its a dollar, set it aside in the uninstalled section of your steam library, and come back later.
THats what I did.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: September 28, 2012, 03:12:05 pm »

I can't actually find a way to install EB with Steam. I've tried everything the internet offered and I'm still being greeted with the wonderful "Cannot find Steam" error. I can fucking find Steam. It's right fucking there.
Steam can be such a pain in the arse for mods sometimes. Hopefully future Steam Workshop integration should help the problem somewhat. Hell if it wasn't for the cheap sales and automatic patching I would be using Steam a lot less.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: September 28, 2012, 06:17:17 pm »

You don't have to play it right now, just grab it while its a dollar, set it aside in the uninstalled section of your steam library, and come back later.
THats what I did.

I can't find it... is it still up for others?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: September 28, 2012, 06:28:22 pm »

Its gone back up to $7.49 now according to my Steam.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3959 on: September 29, 2012, 05:33:30 am »

So I have an extra copy of Civilization 5 from preordering xcom. Who wants it?
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 1135