Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463236 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3930 on: September 20, 2012, 10:23:28 pm »

Err... you might want to consider upgrading your prehistoric relic if Steam overlay of all things causes it to break.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: September 20, 2012, 11:45:58 pm »

It could be the straw that subtracts just enough FPS to make a game unfun.  But though I haven't done a conscious comparison, I think its impact is almost negligible.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: September 22, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »

I'm curious if the LEGO games ever go on sale, or if US$20 is the cheapest they ever get.

I got my answer.  Several of the Travellers Tales LEGO games are on sale for $5 each.  Not on Steam, though.  On GameFly. 

They don't register on Steam, and you have to use the GameFly Client to download them.  This thing wants to be the Steam Client when it grows up.  Sorry, kid, you might look like him someday but you'll never have as many friends.

Anyway, at $5, we have LEGO Batman 1, LEGO Harry Potter 1, and LEGO Harry Potter 2.  LEGO Batman 2 is $7.50.  And some other stuff is on sale, but nothing too exciting.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: September 22, 2012, 04:01:23 pm »

I'm fairly sure that you can make an account on live.com (or on an xbox), and don't have to do it inside the Windows Live client...

I made mine ages ago on one of microsoft's websites (and as a result didn't get the free 30 days of xbox live gold for making an account when I got an xbox 360, but did have a custom name instead of a random one).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: September 22, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »

So i just bought this Saints Row: the Third including all the DLC for a reasonable price.
I had to sort out the DLCs from my shopping cart which were included in other DLC packs,
which took some minutes to figure out.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:10:19 pm by Ultimuh »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: September 24, 2012, 03:08:55 pm »

Helicopter enthusiasts: Take on Helicopters is on sale right now for $10 and change which is great fun if you have a joystick and want a realistic flight model. There is now also integration between Arma2 and Take on Helicopters, so there is even more playability and both games benefit from this, although I can't list specifics since I have not had much time with this aspect.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3936 on: September 24, 2012, 03:17:49 pm »

Which one is heavier on the computer, ArmA 2 or Take on Helicopters? ArmA 2 barely runs here, and it doesn't look like I'm getting a new computer anytime soon...

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: September 24, 2012, 04:03:36 pm »

If you can't run Arma 2 well, ToH won't either. Sorry.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3938 on: September 24, 2012, 05:55:15 pm »

Crud :(

One day I'll have a decent computer...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: September 24, 2012, 07:32:10 pm »

Hrm, maybe someone can help me... A lot of my games (tropico, EUIII) seem to be hording memory. The more I advance in them, the more memory they take up upon launch. Tropico has reached the point where one more building crashes the game (over 1 million KB in the task mananger), and EUIII is just getting slower and slower (over 800000 KB)

Is there anyway to fix this? Could it be steam itself causing this?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: September 24, 2012, 07:50:51 pm »

Do you have 32-bit or 64-bit windows?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: September 24, 2012, 08:08:38 pm »

I am posting this as a courtesy. If anyone has been waiting to get Borderlands 2, the site IntKeys(a site I trust) has 120 keys available at $25. They activate on Steam and are region free. http://www.intkeys.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=367

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: September 27, 2012, 12:57:39 pm »

Total war week if it suits you.

The last shogun expansion with modern era warfare is interesting, with ships having more of a presence now

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: September 27, 2012, 02:22:19 pm »

hoi 3 at 75% off until october 3rd

DO IT

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: September 27, 2012, 02:29:59 pm »

Rome Total War gold is $1.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 1135