Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463052 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3825 on: August 24, 2012, 05:21:49 pm »

Huh.  Wonder why they're not showing me the price on steam, just on getgames and green man.

Hrm not sure.  Maybe it only will show it if its had at least one sale?  I dunno.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: August 26, 2012, 09:58:54 pm »

Is there any site that tracks Steam's prices over time?

I'm curious if the LEGO games ever go on sale, or if US$20 is the cheapest they ever get.

I want LEGO Harry Potter 2 (yeah, yeah, laugh it up) and I was all ready to snag it during the summer sale.  I checked every day, nearly.  But it never came up.

hahahahahahahahahaha... oh wait I own this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/211340/
(Magical Diary)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: August 26, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »

(Magical Diary)
I have the demo of it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: August 26, 2012, 10:43:24 pm »

I recommend grabbing the demo of Magical Diary before you buy it.

It's no joke when I say it's marketed for young girls. Might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: August 27, 2012, 04:13:53 am »

I want LEGO Harry Potter 2 (yeah, yeah, laugh it up)

Heheheh.... Well. I actually enjoyed that Lego Star Wars, though. Are the Harry Potter games similar?
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: August 27, 2012, 05:30:25 am »

Lego Star Wars was pretty awesome. Presumably, if you're as big a fan of Harry Potter as I am of Star Wars, Lego Harry Potter is probably an awesome game.

Oh shit I still need Lego Batman.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3831 on: August 27, 2012, 11:09:57 am »

Lego Anything is made of pure win. I routinely pass the toy department at work and drool at the freaking awesome Legos kids get nowadays. Makes me wish I were a kid and had money.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: August 27, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »

Lego Anything is made of pure win. I routinely pass the toy department at work and drool at the freaking awesome Legos kids get nowadays. Makes me wish I were a kid and had money.
If you are merely not a kid but have money, why not buy it anyway? :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: August 27, 2012, 02:27:10 pm »

The maximum recommended age on those things is made of lies.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: August 27, 2012, 02:37:37 pm »

The maximum recommended age on those things is made of lies.
Especially when you consider how expensive the huge ones are.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: August 27, 2012, 06:14:33 pm »

I want LEGO Harry Potter 2 (yeah, yeah, laugh it up)

Heheheh.... Well. I actually enjoyed that Lego Star Wars, though. Are the Harry Potter games similar?

Yes and no... it's hard to say the difference.  The core gameplay is the same, but the setting is quite different.  Let's see.

LHP1 has a huge hub world, unlike LSW1 or LSW2.  The hub world has tons of things to do, unlike LSW3.  (I didn't like the LSW3 hubs.)

There's a lot less enemies and a lot more puzzle solving.  Enemies mostly don't shoot at you, they hurt you on contact.

There's a bunch of abilities to use (i.e. spells), but you end up just using the Blast spell and the Levitate spell most the time, and using the others on special occasions.

There's nothing like LSW3's (utterly brilliant) RTS levels or spaceflight levels.

The cutscenes are even longer than LSW3's, and unskippable.  They try to tell the story, but it just doesn't work.  If you don't know the books, you'll be confused and bored by the minifigs grunting at each other.  There were times I literally walked away from the computer for a few minutes because I'd already seen a cutscene.

Overall, I enjoyed LSW1 enough that I 100% completed it, but I wouldn't play through it again.  Maybe in a few years.

There's a demo if you want to check it out.

Lego Anything is made of pure win. I routinely pass the toy department at work and drool at the freaking awesome Legos kids get nowadays.

Funny, I look at all of the new artsy pieces and I think 'why don't they still make the simple 2x4 blocks anymore?'

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: August 27, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »

Funny, I look at all of the new artsy pieces and I think 'why don't they still make the simple 2x4 blocks anymore?'

They do. You can purchase as many as you want.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: August 27, 2012, 06:43:13 pm »

They do too make the simple blocks. You just have to look a bit harder to find them.

Edit: NXT and other similar parts.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:47:40 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: August 27, 2012, 09:35:36 pm »

I recommend grabbing the demo of Magical Diary before you buy it.

It's no joke when I say it's marketed for young girls. Might not be everyone's cup of tea.

I got it because no fan group or company has translated any of the Princess maker games except 2.

Oh sure, Princess Maker sounds lame or like its for teen girls.  Well you'd think that until you got the ending where the girl you raised murders Satan and assumes the throne of hell.  Honestly that was a truly dwarfy ending.  (That game she also got arrested for highway robbery, killed the god of war, and won several cooking competitions.)

I'm still pissed they don't export these.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3839 on: August 27, 2012, 11:27:18 pm »

Oh, trust me. Money's the only thing stopping me from buying every single Lego set ever.

Twice.

Just looking through the stuff on Lego's website makes me want to buy twenty of everything. Shame they don't have more variety, like the cloaks, weapons, and heads that come with certain sets. Most of that stuff would be perfect for D&D, too.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 1135