Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463053 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3810 on: August 23, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

Well damn. I think we've just seen history made. Either that or the Horsemen are about to start to apocalypse.
EDIT: Published by EA as well. I never thought I'd see this day.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: August 23, 2012, 05:15:17 pm »

Mirror's Edge is great.  On my first try I was trying to be careful about not killing anyone until I accidentally kicked a police officer off the side of a building.

Then all bets were off and I was kicking everybody off buildings and shooting people with machine guns.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: August 23, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »

Technically you never killed him. You were a helper to gravity's many building-based murderings.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: August 23, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »

Technically you never killed him. You were a helper to gravity's many building-based murderings.

Then I suppose shooting someone technically does not mean killing them either? You're just a helper to momentum's many bullet-based murders after all, right? :P
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: August 23, 2012, 06:26:56 pm »

No, if you shot them its your fault. Its not your fault for the buildings because you can't see the ground they're landing on in some levels, so they're schrodinger's diver there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: August 23, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »

No, if you shot them its your fault. Its not your fault for the buildings because you can't see the ground they're landing on in some levels, so they're schrodinger's diver there.
That is very amusing...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: August 23, 2012, 10:33:01 pm »

I kind of want to preorder Guns of Icarus Online, but post-Fray I'm scared to trust stuff that isn't complete. :I What do?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: August 23, 2012, 10:38:58 pm »

I kind of want to preorder Guns of Icarus Online, but post-Fray I'm scared to trust stuff that isn't complete. :I What do?

Wait for a 50-75% off sale. It'll happen eventually.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: August 23, 2012, 10:45:17 pm »

... why don't you just try out the free beta? I already told you how to gain access. We even have a forum post here that tells you how...

Edit: Ho ho... the entire Just Cause series is 75% off. Time to grab all the silly DLC for $0.24 each.

Just Cause 2 is also $4 if for some reason you don't have it.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: August 24, 2012, 02:18:30 am »

KoToR II is suddenly available on Steam.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: August 24, 2012, 02:23:50 am »

KoToR II is suddenly available on Steam.
Yeah I saw that and was extremely happy. I could not find a digital copy of KOTOR 2 anywhere and I really didn't want to pirate it, I don't buy physical games anymore. Only recently played the first one since I'm not all that much of a Star Wars fan, it was much better than I expected though and the whole Star Wars universe didn't distract from the experience in anyway.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3821 on: August 24, 2012, 05:34:17 am »

What if I close my eyes when I shoot them? I can't see whether they had armor on or not!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: August 24, 2012, 04:35:05 pm »

Is there any site that tracks Steam's prices over time?

I'm curious if the LEGO games ever go on sale, or if US$20 is the cheapest they ever get.

I want LEGO Harry Potter 2 (yeah, yeah, laugh it up) and I was all ready to snag it during the summer sale.  I checked every day, nearly.  But it never came up.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: August 24, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

You can use steamgamesales.com to find out.

http://www.steamgamesales.com/2zmmw/lego-harry-potter-years-1-4
http://www.steamgamesales.com/JRgPK/lego-harry-potter-years-5-7

I'm not sure if it tracks price reductions though, maybe only sales.  Not sure.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: August 24, 2012, 04:55:00 pm »

You can use steamgamesales.com to find out.

Huh.  Wonder why they're not showing me the price on steam, just on getgames and green man.

green man has it for $22.50, which the site says is the low, but steam has it at $20 and I'm pretty sure has been at that price for a while.

Anyway, thanks.

EDIT: ⇓
Hrm not sure.  Maybe it only will show it if its had at least one sale?  I dunno.

That makes a fair bit of sense.  Anyway, thanks for the link.  I checked Google Shopping, and it's $20 everywhere except places that discount things then ding you on shipping.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:30:34 pm by 0x517A5D »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 1135