Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463049 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3795 on: August 19, 2012, 02:53:44 pm »

Mrm.... aren't they the same game? I'm not that familiar with them. It's the haunty creepy forest thingumajigger right?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #3796 on: August 19, 2012, 03:37:43 pm »

It's the shine flashlight on repetitive monsters then shoot them simulator.

Not a bad game, from what I've heard, but combat needed a little work. The sequels got better.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: August 19, 2012, 07:45:41 pm »

It's the shine flashlight on repetitive monsters then shoot them simulator.

Not a bad game, from what I've heard, but combat needed a little work. The sequels got better.

The combat may have needed work, but occasionally wanting to run instead is always good in an action-horror game. I greatly enjoyed the story, which played out like a living Stephen King novel, and the gameplay for the most part was good.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: August 21, 2012, 06:58:17 pm »

I just got a 75% off Portal 2 coupon for some reason!  Anybody want it?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: August 21, 2012, 08:42:45 pm »

Oh the hunamity.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3800 on: August 22, 2012, 05:55:27 am »

So, the bitComposer/Viva Media bundle is up for €7, or about $10, I expect.

Air Conflicts: Secret Wars
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
Grand Ages: Rome
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Shadow Harvest: Phantom Ops

The first one and last one are totally meh for me. I've heard interesting things about Cargo, but mostly as a curiosity and not as a totally awesome game. It might not be my cup of tea. I am rather interested in Call of Pripyat as a re-entry point to the STALKER series, and Grand Ages Rome might be interesting. I haven't played city-building sims since... huh...Caesar 2 or something! Any ideas?

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: August 22, 2012, 08:53:09 am »

CoP has the best gameplay of the STALKER series, although I don't think it beats SoC in terms of atmosphere (which isn't really saying much, since SoC was really really good at that). It's totally worth getting the bundle just for that (since it's basically 33% off the price of CoP alone (for me, but I expect it would be similar elsewhere), and also you get a bunch of other stuff), unless you really don't like spending money and want a(n even) better sale (in which case you'll probably be waiting for whatever Christmas stuff happens).

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: August 22, 2012, 09:08:05 am »

Grand Ages Rome might be interesting. I haven't played city-building sims since... huh...Caesar 2 or something! Any ideas?

I found grand ages rome very simplistic and was rather disappointed in it, compared to Caesar/Pharaoh and the like. It does have co-op play as well however it's not very good at that either.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: August 22, 2012, 05:15:44 pm »

I have a 75% off Portal 2 thingy too. PM me if you need one still.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3804 on: August 22, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »

Shades: well, I found those games to require way too much micromanagement for me to enjoy it. You'd need to cram ALL the good things right next to a neighbourhood for it to develop into something better. And that pissed me off, because I could never do it, or could achieve very very small good neighbourhoods...

This is definitely simplified, but in a sense that feel streamlined rather than just ... dumber. So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit!

CoP run relatively badly on my computer, but seems really nice. Cargo is... just weird :) The others I haven't bothered installing :)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: August 22, 2012, 06:35:34 pm »

Shades: well, I found those games to require way too much micromanagement for me to enjoy it. You'd need to cram ALL the good things right next to a neighbourhood for it to develop into something better. And that pissed me off, because I could never do it, or could achieve very very small good neighbourhoods...

This is definitely simplified, but in a sense that feel streamlined rather than just ... dumber. So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit!

CoP run relatively badly on my computer, but seems really nice. Cargo is... just weird :) The others I haven't bothered installing :)

The trick is to create a small high class area so you can get the second story house upgrades, then stick them on top of lower class area shops.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: August 23, 2012, 03:28:16 am »

I mostly got frustrated with the fact it didn't seem to matter what you did, all the supply chains where tiny so you just drop one in and everything levels up, then drop another and everything reaches level 3. This is especially true after you level up your player somewhat.
I admit the interface, the way radius effects work and the like, is much better than caesar's frustrating walker system (which mean labyrinth cities where really good, and sensible cities not)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: August 23, 2012, 04:50:26 pm »

Mirror's Edge is the Daily Deal at 75% off, putting it at $5 USD. That is well worth it. It's a first-person free-running game. It's not open-world, and is rather straightforward, but there are multiple ways to overcome most obstacles. Acrobatics, combat, enjoyable scenery, fast movement. For the most part, the movement is quite smooth and chains together well. Story and graphics aren't bad. I recommend it if it interests you.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: August 23, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »

Mirror's Edge is the Daily Deal at 75% off, putting it at $5 USD. That is well worth it. It's a first-person free-running game. It's not open-world, and is rather straightforward, but there are multiple ways to overcome most obstacles. Acrobatics, combat, enjoyable scenery, fast movement. For the most part, the movement is quite smooth and chains together well. Story and graphics aren't bad. I recommend it if it interests you.
Are you sure it's 5 USD? It's 2.49 USD here and we all know that cheaper games in Australia goes against some sort of game industry Great Chain of Being.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: August 23, 2012, 05:04:50 pm »

Yes. I am in the US and it is $4.99. This is crazy.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 1135