Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1135

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1463015 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #3735 on: August 07, 2012, 01:08:37 pm »

Asshats have CS:GO listed as a new release but game doesn't release until 2 weeks from now.
Considering the site is all jacked up right now... I'd think this was a minor concern. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/bu7Om.png

Looks like an internationalization issue...
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: August 07, 2012, 03:42:47 pm »

Also should note that paypal has been disabled all day on Steam.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: August 10, 2012, 08:23:58 am »

Tropico 4 is on a big sale *dances*

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: August 11, 2012, 07:49:21 pm »

Tropico 4 is on a big sale *dances*

Bought it, and Modern Times as well! Thanks! :D
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: August 12, 2012, 02:29:40 pm »

I was thinking about buying Back in Action, but I think it can go even lower. I'm waiting till the price goes down more and/or there's a 75% sale on it.

So I got Tropico 4 plus all DLC :)

(wasn't going to get it buy Dagoth mentioned Modern Times :D)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: August 13, 2012, 03:22:57 pm »

Not quite sale related, but I figured this was the most steam related thread to post this.

http://steamcommunity.com/communitycontent

Sounds like Steam is getting a big update.  So far they have revealed that every game will have its own community page, that includes discussions, news, screenshots, etc.  It'll have a rating system as well, so that in theory all the good stuff will be pretty visible.

They are going to announce three more things over the next three days.  Could be interesting to keep an eye on.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: August 14, 2012, 05:18:59 pm »

Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are on sale, the pack is $12.49 USD.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: August 15, 2012, 12:01:30 am »

Iron Brigade is on Steam now. Does anyone know if it's good?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: August 15, 2012, 01:47:22 am »

I bought them in the last sale. DS2 has DRM, although I've only run Dead Space 1 - and I thought the interface was so horrible that I stopped playing and eventually uninstalled it. I would not recommend it.

I couldn't figure out how to navigate a menu that came up, because none of the obvious keys did one of the functions and the keys for menu stuff were not mentioned in the key assignments; there were arrows on the menu for switching tabs or something, but I couldn't find the keys to activate them, and there was no way to use the mouse with the menus as far as I could tell, as they were 3d in the game and you couldn't get a cursor to click on them ever as far as I could tell. It was irritating as hell. A mouse would have been 5000% more effective clicking shit than trying to use the keyboard or whatever, but it was impossible because they chose to make fancy in-game 3d projected menus and not use any kind of click detection. I felt like throwing the game out a window, but it was FRAKKING DIGITAL. DAMNIT STEAM! I had to settle for uninstalling it.  :'(

(Also it was considerably more difficult than I expected to hit enemies in their limbs using a mouse, almost like they did something wonky with the mouse aiming code.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:49:46 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: August 15, 2012, 02:03:04 am »

It's called a PC port

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: August 15, 2012, 02:08:40 am »

I've played some good ones. Red Faction: Guerilla was great, for example.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: August 15, 2012, 02:10:53 am »

I've played some good ones. Red Faction: Guerilla was great, for example.
Yes. That is an awesome game. I have 85 hours sunk into it, and I still load it up every week or so.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: August 15, 2012, 02:40:38 am »

I just like collapsing stuff  :D

I could do it for hours. I did in fact.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: August 15, 2012, 02:44:52 am »

Get a box of Lego. More satisfying than any video game. That said the Lego games were usually pretty decent, someone has to either remake Lego Rock Raiders or copy the gameplay structure with a new IP.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: August 15, 2012, 03:08:34 am »

I bought them in the last sale. DS2 has DRM, although I've only run Dead Space 1 - and I thought the interface was so horrible that I stopped playing and eventually uninstalled it. I would not recommend it.

I couldn't figure out how to navigate a menu that came up, because none of the obvious keys did one of the functions and the keys for menu stuff were not mentioned in the key assignments; there were arrows on the menu for switching tabs or something, but I couldn't find the keys to activate them, and there was no way to use the mouse with the menus as far as I could tell, as they were 3d in the game and you couldn't get a cursor to click on them ever as far as I could tell. It was irritating as hell. A mouse would have been 5000% more effective clicking shit than trying to use the keyboard or whatever, but it was impossible because they chose to make fancy in-game 3d projected menus and not use any kind of click detection. I felt like throwing the game out a window, but it was FRAKKING DIGITAL. DAMNIT STEAM! I had to settle for uninstalling it.  :'(

(Also it was considerably more difficult than I expected to hit enemies in their limbs using a mouse, almost like they did something wonky with the mouse aiming code.)

That port is the spawn of satan xD Coupled with bad porting, the fact that the controls are supposed to be less-than-responsive and that the v-sync makes the motion of Isaac even choppier. So, all bad interface aside, disabling V-Sync makes the game palpable and playable.

I was thinking about buying Back in Action, but I think it can go even lower. I'm waiting till the price goes down more and/or there's a 75% sale on it.

So I got Tropico 4 plus all DLC :)

(wasn't going to get it buy Dagoth mentioned Modern Times :D)

De nada, El Capitan ;D
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 1135